Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Southern Conventions
2021 Bold Matsuri Cosplay Festival

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:46 pm
Our very own Crew Member Razzi “ibundles-dabs” Went to the 2021 Bold Matsuri Cosplay Festival recently. She Cosplayed Ciel Phantomhive, Black Butler Anime series, Book of Circus. Below are details about the festival. Of the guests listed I would Love to have met Caitlin Glass, ARRYN ZECH, and the Sailor Scouts of Jacksonville. I would love to do a Photoshoot of the Scouts and talk to them about all of the things that they do.

2021 Bold Matsuri Cosplay Festival – JULY 17 & 18TH, 2021 -
Website - Bold Matsuri Cosplay Festival

Bold Matsuri is an annual Anime and Cosplay Festival that is held in Jacksonville, FL. Our convention will feature many events and activities during the convention for our attendees to take part in such as meeting their favorite guest, participating in guest panels, contests, a gaming area, and cosplay/anime focused after-hour events.

Guests:
1. Elizabeth Maxwell - VOICE ACTOR
DRAGON BALL SUPER | MY HERO ACADEMIA | ATTACK ON TITAN

2. Johnny Yung Bosh - ACTOR
POWER RANGERS | BLEACH | DRAGON BALL FIGHTER Z

3. David Matranga - VOICE ACTOR
MY HERO ACADEMIA | ATTACK ON TITAN | ANGEL BEATS!

4. Caitlin Glass - VOICE ACTOR
FULL METAL ALCHEMIST | RWBY | MY HERO ACADEMIA

5. Dark Lady Cosplay / KIRA ARLAYNA – Cosplay Artist

6. ROADRUNNER COSPLAY – Cosplay Artist

7. ARRYN ZECH – Actress
Blake Belladonna from RWBY

8. The Sailor Scouts of Jacksonville – Sailor Moon Cosplay Group
Founded in 2015, The Sailor Scouts of Jacksonville are dedicated to fighting the Negaverse and spreading positivity! They have traveled all over the state of Florida to spotlight as special guests, host panels, participate in parades, organize events, run booths, perform burlesque, and raise money for charity! Their mission is to serve the local cosplay community, foster a love for the Sailor Moon fandom, and make people smile!

9. Taycosplayy – Cosplay Artist

10. MILES LUNA - DIRECTOR / WRITER
Miles Luna is a director and lead writer of animation at Rooster Teeth Productions. Miles also is a well-seasoned voice actor.

11. Cafe Peko Peko - Maid Café
Cafe Peko Peko is a convention-based maid cafe in the Central Florida area, specifically Orlando.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:22 am
That's a lot of guest for such a short weekend.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:10 am
angelmage99

I thought so too. Each listing mentioned that it's not guarantied that every guest would come. Based on the Sailor Scout Groups description I bet they were their. I would Love to meet that Group. Things about conventions are very different now, Perhaps most of these guests want to go to conventions again as much as we do.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:49 am
smithers456
angelmage99

I thought so too. Each listing mentioned that it's not guarantied that every guest would come. Based on the Sailor Scout Groups description I bet they were their. I would Love to meet that Group. Things about conventions are very different now, Perhaps most of these guests want to go to conventions again as much as we do.

I know a lot of voice actors are missing the cons and fans, and not just because they make money from it, but this is also their chances to meet people who love their work and it does inspire them.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Southern Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers