Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Of Shadows and Light (Kushiel & Corax)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Light played across the mouth of a cave that, if it were to be examined closely, housed a large angeni hybrid. It was a temporary situation brought on by a change in weather, but Kushiel could not regret it. Indeed, something very intriguing had crossed his path... or should he say, someone? Though he had not wandered far from his parents' lands, the stallion found himself very curious about the rainbow feathers that fluttered and tossed within a brilliant dawn-fire mane. It was as though the world, with the stranger's inclusion, had grown just a bit brighter.

Everything had come into focus for Kushiel, for he was determined to find that pretty sight again. Mainly curious about what had caught the light so brilliantly, he left his temporary shelter behind. Something far grander awaited him in the form of a sight as yet unseen... at least in its full. He was curious indeed, and determined to find the owner of those plumes.

Prior to now he had not taken much notice when others crossed his path, but he found within himself a foreign, growing interest. Although he had certainly met some fantastical creatures in his short life, this was the first time he had pursued that meeting. And pursue he did, searching for any sign of the rainbow hues that had first caught his eye. He couldn't say what in particular drew him, though it was true that he had always been fond of beauty in its many forms.

Just who was this stranger? And how difficult would it be to find them? In truth he did not recall the shape, the form that such a being had taken; perhaps they were made of pure light itself. Within the Kawani Lands such would not have been outside of the realm of possibility. Yet it was beside a creek where he saw it again.. and noted that it took the form of a large black stallion. From the other's back a quadruple set of wings arose, and if he were any judge he suspected that he was in the presence of a fellow angeni of some ilk.

"Greetings," he said, unable to keep back the words that welled up with the curl of victory that dwelt within him at his success. "May I have the pleasure of knowing your name? Mine's Kushiel." If first speaking his own name would make the other more inclined to share his own, the stallion was not shy in the telling. His ears flicked forward, tail flagged lightly in his triumph. Soon he would know the owner of those bright feathers at last.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:16 pm

The plains and woodland forests of the Kawani were not familiar to the colorful Corax. Having come up from the more tropical jungles, the milder, dryer temperatures and peculiar woods, and sparse plains were quite a sight to behold for the stallion. While they were, perhaps, no match for the bright colors of his homeland, there was a rustic charm about the area which he had come to thoroughly enjoy. It was a different type of land, and one Corax was enjoying himself in. The sky seemed to stretch forever over the rolling hills, which had been glorious to behold--but also, a touch unnerving. Having been so accustomed to the trees, bushes, foliage, and fast-growing plants of the jungles, the black stallion had been quick to seek out a woodland. Though the trees were different than what he had come to know--the shade, branches, and foliage made him feel a touch more at home.

So it was, Corax had spent much of his day simply investigating the woods and a few nearby caves. He had thought himself primarily alone besides the chitter of birdsong; but it was only at a creek did Corax realize another Soquili had crossed his path. Kushiel's presence didn't alarm him, but he was surprised. The purple haired stallion donned a coat of soot, but had points of white on three of his legs and his muzzle; and swirls of color danced down his back, which was much more interesting than his own. A few of his feathers pricked with alertness as Kushiel introduced himself, and he gave his tail a small swish with curiosity.

He wouldn't object to company, provided the other was agreeable.

The other had two wings, and a horn--as well as headwings that were far more interesting than his own crest. "Salutations, stranger," he greeted cordially in return. "You may call me Corax, if you wish. It's good to meet you, Kushiel," he tested the others name out, and thought it had a pleasant ring. "A good day to be out and about." Nevermind the summer storm that had blown through that morning.

Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:42 pm
Charmed by the sight of the other, Kushiel's wings stretched slightly out to either side, a display that was as genuine as it was unconscious. The feathers fluffed lightly before settling back again, and he watched Corax with his head slightly cocked. "Corax," he said, as if tasting the name on his tongue. Yes, that name seemed to suit the other. Well pleased to have acquired his name, the stallion sidled closer to his new companion. "It suits you," he informed him, as though his opinion on the matter had any bearing.

"Indeed, it is definitely a good day," Kushiel agreed, though his reason for the apparent goodness of the day differed. He was utterly fascinated by the feathers, for he had never seen such a colorful creature before. "Are you new to the Kawani Lands?" he asked, deciding that if that was so he would offer to be Corax's guide. Pretty bird indeed. "I think I would remember someone who looked like you," he said, by way of explanation. The stallion was rather unique.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:32 pm

Corax was better able to study the other as he approached, taking in the sight of the others black and white wings, even as he displayed them for him. His own wings puffed out in curiosity, even as his rainbow crest stood up in intrigue. While he had crossed paths with some soquili out there, it had been some time since he'd last had company, and this one seemed quite engaging. Confident, surely, but he didn't appear to be a threat--and that was what mattered.

"New enough," he confided. "My home is well south of here, in the jungles of a land well beyond this place." Certainly, Kushiel could hear an accent that was not quite the Kawani tongue. "I had heard stories from those passing through, adventurers come to my home to seek something new; but just as they came to my verdant homeland, I grew interested in what was beyond the canopy. And so I am here," he explained, glossing over the fact that it had been quite a journey indeed. His wings were still sore from the endeavor, and he quite in need of a slower pace.

"The land is remarkably different. Have I trampled upon your home territory, friend? Or are you simply a passer-by of this area as well?" It wouldn't hurt to ask. Perhaps the feathered fellow might have tips on where he might go next.

Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:46 pm

Intrigued by what the other described, Kushiel listened closely, tail lightly swishing back and forth. "I have never been that far," he mused, now rather curious about this foreign place. "Your homeland sounds beautiful." As beautiful, in fact, as the stallion who hailed from it. What a strange and interesting thing. While he had encountered some Soquili from distant lands, he thought he had never heard of the place that Corax described. Or, if he had, it certainly had been a vague description indeed.

"You're close to my family's lands," he said, quirking a brow at the other. "But not quite on them, no." He could not claim that this stretch of the forest was his. Yet it seemed all too bad that it was not. "I am more than willing to serve as your guide if you'd like to see more," Kushiel offered. And why not? The sight of that crest raising so fetchingly pleased the hybrid, who did not quite know what it meant but suspected it was positive.

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:45 pm

Corax was relieved to know he hadn't inadvertently trespassed; while he wasn't familiar with the Kawani, he did try to take note of clear boundaries and territories of other Soquili herds. Sometimes it was impossible to pass without going through--but he tried to take to the skies when he bumped into land that was occupied. That he was near enough to have drawn the eye of the purple stallion was a delight-- it wasn't often he had the opportunity to get to know those he passed in his travels. Some were unfriendly, while others were skittish or so preoccupied with their travels there was little time for conversation. So it was, Kushiel's presence was a fine change from his usual exploration.

"I promise the jungles of my homeland are very real--perhaps someday you'll get to see them," he mused. He wasn't sure how much of a traveler he was, but the trip was well worth it. While Corax was enraptured by the colors and shape of the land near the mountains and woods, he was still fond of his jungle home; it was terribly vibrant, after all, and the plants and flowers were quite different from what he found here. His purple haired companion would blend in readily enough with some of the tropical flora that could be found.

At the others suggestion of guiding him, Corax couldn't help but give a happy whistle in delight. "I'd be delighted for a tour," he promptly replied, before hastily adding, "So long as it doesn't put you out or disrupt your time." Even if it was just around the borders of Kushiel's home, that would be enough for Corax. He didn't want to burden the other, but he certainly wouldn't mind a spot of company--and someone to ask questions of when he saw things that were new and unusual. Like pinecones and all the scratchy needles of the surrounding evergreen trees.

Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas