[PRP] A Hero's Life (RakshxHallon)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:26 am
User Image
The massive stallion's feet fell heavily as he carefully navigated his way down a steep slope, the auburn hair of his mane and tail trailing behind him. With each heavy downward thump of his hooves, the delicate golden thread that adorned his body would jingle lightly together like a thousand tiny bells. Never losing his footing, he approached the edge of a small cliff and, after a quick glance to judge the distance, he leapt into the air, landing heavily at the foot of the mountain and trotting to a halt.

He tossed his head, throwing his mane over his back, and shook the dirt from his large feet. Turning back towards the mountain, his piercing blue eyes traced a trail back up to the peak, where he had won his latest victory. The small herd of wind Soquili that lived near the top of the mountain had sought his help in vanquishing a foul monster of a Soquili that preyed on foals. He had encountered all types of kalona and walkers over the years, but this one had given him particular trouble. Snatching foals in the night, it almost became the darkness. It dwelled in a deep cave, nearly invisible to the unaided eye but Raksh was cunning and prayed for guidance from the spirits. After several days of waiting and hiding in the villain's own cave, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness, he was able to ensnare and banish the menace from the mountain, returning peace of mind to the flyers that inhabited the rocky peak.

With a proud smirk, he stretched his legs and turned from the mountain, surveying the land in front of him. He had ascended the opposite side of the mountain on his way to meet the wind herd, so he was unsure exactly where he had landed. His heart skipped as his eyes landed on a familiar mountain at the opposite end of the valley. It was far off, many days' travel to be sure, but there was no mistaking it - his home.

He lowered his gaze as shame welled in his chest and he heaved a deep, shuddering sigh. He was sure his children would not be there, most of them hadn’t returned for years. And Ju…well she was always there. And always angry. Not that he could blame her, or any of them really. The great hero had never been a trustworthy mate or father. Though he was loyal and protective of his family, he was often absent. His oldest sons hardly knew him, and though he had been more present with his younger three children, he never took the time to bond with any of them.

Torn by the duality of his life, Raksh looked again towards his mountain home. It would take many days, possibly weeks, to travel across the floor of the valley - time enough to ponder and come to a decision about his next move. Many villages and herds inhabited the valley - he may be needed. Making no decision at all, Raksh trotted away from the wind herd’s mountain and made his way towards a spring at the mouth of the river that wound through the valley ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:17 pm
User ImageIt hadn't been long since Hallon had left the woods he called his home, striding forth with the full intention of learning to how to become a proper knight of legends. While he already missed his sister and parents, it seemed selfish to remain in peace and comfort when he knew there were others out there who needed help. His mother had saved his father, after all--but she was no knight. That only made her actions all the more admirable in his mind, but Hallon wanted to become a reliable and stalwart protector for all. The only way to do that was to venture forth and learn. If he was lucky, perhaps he'd even come across a mentor one day.

He walked for several days, taking shelter for the night under large trees. They may not have offered much protection, but it was a familiar enough feeling to offer comfort. It was one morning that he approached a spring, eager to slake his thirst. His approach brought him far too close before he realized a stallion was approaching. Though he'd been warned of the dangers of strange Soquili, Hallon couldn't help but p***k his ears up with excitement. He'd never met anyone outside of his family before, and this stallion covered in delicate golden jewelry couldn't help but remind him of his father.

"Greetings!" He called, more eager than maybe he ought to have been. "Do you know these lands? I'm a stranger here, looking to get a little more acquainted." Surely he wouldn't mind helping a newcomer out?

Nori Ishida

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:45 pm
Raksh halted as he heard the voice of another and his eyes landed upon the young stallion. He appeared to be an actual part of the forest from which he emerged, tree-like growth protruding from his body in many places. His golden hue reminded Raksh of his son, Shen, and a wave of guilt washed over him again. He shook his head, collecting himself and focusing back on the stallion in front of him. He seemed young and eager, not much of a threat. Raksh's instincts were rarely wrong and he felt confident in the fact that this stallion was just another lost traveler.

He puffed out his chest. He was right, there was somebody who needed his help, much earlier than even he had expected. He gave an extravagant bow of his head and smiled broadly at the golden stallion. "Hello there, stranger! I am familiar with many lands, including these. To where are you destined? I am sure I can assist in getting you where you need to go."

Though the young stallion reminded Raksh of his son, this was a welcome distraction from the turmoil in his head. Though he knew his duties lay at home and repairing the relationships that he destroyed, he found it impossible to say no to those who asked for his help. Was this not also his duty, his legacy, his destiny? Surely they must all understand, this was truly why here was here, to help others. How could they fault him for that?

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:34 pm
Ah! Hallon's eyes lit up at his good fortune, delighted to have met someone so worldly. "I'm not quite sure," He admitted cheerfully. Honestly, this was the very first time it struck him that there might be more to the world than he'd ever imagined. His mother had spoken of great mountains and vast seas, but he'd only ever known the safe tranquility of his own forest home. "I've just recently left my home, and I am in search of one who would be willing to train me as a knight. I want to help protect those who cannot help themselves." Though he could not hide his excitement, he spoke solemnly of his task.

"Do you know of any whom might be willing to take on a student in such matters? I do not have experience, but I am young, healthy, and strong." The young stallion waited, hoping the other might be able to guide him to his destination.

Nori Ishida

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:06 pm
Raksh blinked at the stallion, considering his request. A student? Now that was something he had never considered before. Though he carried no title and wasn't a knight, he was certainly no stranger to helping those in need. This stallion had no clear destination, and though Raksh knew he must go home and face his family, it would be nice to have a travel companion. And of course it wouldn't hurt to teach him a few things along the way. There was never any harm in passing on the art of doing good deeds. He considered the young stallion again, eyeing him up and down.

"Well, I am no knight, per se, but I have indeed been known to do a good deed from time to time." He chuckled at his simplification of the things he had done. "My name is Raksh, reincarnated soul of the fabled hero, and I carry a duty to help those in need and uphold a sense of honor." He choked a bit at those words, and broke eye contact momentarily. "Admittedly, I have faltered somewhat in my own honor."

Gathering himself, he looked back up at the young stallion. He knew what he must do, but why not help out this young soquili in the process? Perhaps he could redeem himself in more ways than one. "I'll tell you what. I have needs to reach the other end of this valley. There are wrongs I must right. However, it is many days' journey from here to there. Travel with me and I will teach you what I can along the way." He smiled, hoping the young stallion would acept his offer.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:01 pm
Blue eyes grew round as the older stallion spoke, dumbfounded at this point. This couldn't just be good fortune; the spirits themselves must have been guiding him on this day! The reincarnation of a fabled hero, duty-bound to aid those in need... When the stranger broke eye contact, Hallon's ears fell back briefly. Though he could be considered naive, he already found himself believing that the stallion was a noble and valiant figure. "Every hero falters! But they also have the strength to see things right again, don't they?" It made perfect sense to him.

Hallon jerked his head slightly at the invitation, resisting the urge to buck with glee like a colt. "Truly? I would be honored, sir! My name is Hallon." He bowed his neck, unable to fully mask his eagerness and excitement. To take the first step towards his dreams was a momentous occasion, in his mind!

Nori Ishida

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out