[PRP] Spring Flowers [Equinox x Icarus]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. x User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The chill of winter hadn't quite been swept away with the coming of spring, though there was a warmth on the wind carrying the promise of warm weather ahead. Any lingering ice and snow had finally begun to melt, and as Equinox picked her way through the slushy and muddy hills and woodlands, she was grateful to see the green shoots of grass and the buds of flowers on trees. The color sprinkling the land was almost unfamiliar after so long and harsh a winter--but she was grateful that the first grasses were making their appearance. Perhaps even more exciting were the long stems of bright yellow daffodils, the flowers being some of the first to herald the coming spring.

Spring was certainly Equinox's favorite time of year. The mare had always been an avid flower lover, and often carefully helped cultivate little flowerbeds and gardens around her family home. Sometimes she harvested the flowers for her own use--sometimes creating flower crowns and other flower jewelry with the help of some of the woodland creatures near her family's herd. In other cases, she would simply enjoy the flowers for their own sake--and always did her best to make sure they would continue to grow nad cultivate.

Equinox loved flowers, and some might even say they were her passion--but the mare often kept that side of her stifled and quieted. She had never found it easy opening up about her delights or interests, and mostly kept quietly to the side while her siblings and parents shone. She was one of many, and often felt like she was also easily overlooked. It didn't bother her, persay, but it didn't encourage her in speaking up or voicing her thoughts and opinions. She loved her family, but her gentle personality was no competition to some of her more boisterous siblings.

So it was, the mare often kept to herself, and today was no exception. With the break in the weather, Equinox had decided to do a little bit of exploring. She had traveled farther from home than she'd ever been--but a few days away wouldn't hurt. Surely, her family wouldn't notice. Besides which, she was old enough, and it was time she started embracing a bit of independence -- if only to prove to herself she could.

Though the land was unfamiliar, Equinox was cautious--or tried to be. Unfortunately, a lovely patch of blooming flowers drew her eye and in her excitement, she completely overlooked the fact she was dangerously close to another's territory.

Words: 419

`raze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:12 am
Winter was not one of his favorite seasons, and everyone who knew Icarus knew why. He was driven by his study of flowers and plants and when the cold came biting down his hobby was significantly paused. Yes some plants were hardy and survived in the cold or in harsh environments, and of course he spent the shortened days studying them and testing how they performed as healing ointments or consumables. There was only so much he could do with the same plants however, so when the sun started setting a little bit late and later he buzzed with excitement for the coming spring.

Some flowers didn't wait long and pushed through the ground quicker than others which was a treat for the stallion. The patch of blooming flowers surprised him, but it was a very pleasant surprise. From afar he could see the colors against the budding green of the grass and the remaining white of the snow. It was almost comical how excited he got at the sight. But alone he could be as excited as he wanted to be, without the sighs of his disappointed mother or the unimpressed look of his father.

Icarus sped up as he walked towards the patch, completely oblivious to the mare also approaching. It was a good thing Icarus was built like a predator, because if he was smaller and weaker he would make the easiest of prey with his inattention. He stopped at the patch and took in the colors of the blooming flowers. They were blooming so early in spring! He wondered about the lifespan of the flowers, if they bloomed more than once during the season... His mind raced as he bent his neck to get a closer look.

Word count: 293

Uta

`raze

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:00 pm
Equinox had been so intent on the small patch of flowers that had fought against the winter ground, that she hadn't noticed another's appearance until it was nearly too late. One moment she'd been trotting up towards the flowers, and the next, a kalona popped out of the foliage with a suddenness that caused her to start.

The dark haired mare's ears threw themselves forward, and she half-reared in surprise. Her silver eyes went wide, and she had to stop herself from simply throwing herself into a hasty retreat. It hadn't dawned on her that she had stumbled into another's territory -- all she could hope was that this kalona fared more like her half-breed father, and less like some of the prejudiced purists she'd heard so much about. That Icarus had a hair tail escaped her notice, so focused was she on his wings and rams horns.

This is what she got for being so focused on the flowers and following her interests. With an anxious tail flick, she was unsure exactly what to say--or do. "Er... Hello! I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were-- I mean. I can go!" She tripped over her words as she tried to find out what one was supposed to say to a stranger who might well try to eat her. She didn't want to cause offense; but she also didn't want to to be turned upon.

It was unusual for her steady nature to be caught unawares--but here she was.

Word Count: 248
`raze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:10 am
The reaction of another blipped on his peripheral. He turned his head sharply, seeing the pale, dark haired mare. There was a delay between her apology and him registering it as he looked at her. There was someone already here. What is this was her patch he had stumbled upon and was an unwelcome visitor. He became painfully aware of his horns and wings, and he swallowed hard. Then the word 'sorry' registered fully in his brain, and that she was apologizing. Icarus blinked almost comically before letting a wide smile take over his face.

"You're sorry? I'm sorry! Probably doesn't look good having someone that looks like me charge up on your space." He flashed a warm smile before his gaze wandered back to the patch. "I'm the last person to shoo you from here. Is this your patch?" He gestured with his head to the flowers. "Hardy little things to grow while the warmth isn't guaranteed yet." He slowly began to walk the perimeter, his eyes scanning the blooms and the buds. "I'm not familiar with this variety, but depending on their nature...." His words dimmed into a mumble as he spoke to himself. A hardy little bloom that he could probably squash into an ointment or salve. Oh how exciting!

`raze

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:00 pm
Equinox was glad that the stranger didn't seem to be of foul temperament, and was all the more delighted that he seemed to take interest in the flowers. As he spoke about them, she did allow herself to relax -- shame on her for assuming he might have been threat. Still, she had her reasons, and it wasn't just because she believed the stereotypes; a partial kalona like her had to step lightly no matter which breed she might be around! Even if a soquili wasn't naturally aggressive to outsiders, they well could drive her away for not taking kindly to her mixed-heritage.

Thankfully, though, the blue kalona seemed kindly enough, which put her more or less at ease. "Oh no," she hastily admitted, "It's not my patch. I was just passing through, and it caught my eye. I always love a winter flower, or at least the promise that spring might be near." The hardy plants did always endear the mare, who liked the thought of them fighting risk of cold and ice to add a little color to the world.

"I'm not too familiar, either," she confessed, taking a few steps closer so she might get a better look. "Some of these look like they might be a type of crocus, but I've never seen one with such color. And I've definitely not seen these taller ones before," she nodded towards another type sprouting in a small bunch. If she noticed that the other had mumbled, she didn't point it out. She wasn't going to push him to speak, after all -- and besides, it was a nice change to find someone who seemed keen to admire the local growth.

`raze

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff