Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[SRP] Dreaming of Love and a Ducky Rescue (Carwyn/Eliana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
Prompt:

In the aftermath of the winter storm, Kawani's denizens greet the approaching spring with cautious hope. Though the frost lingers in the mountains' reaches, the thaw has arrived, and hints of the new season appear in the form of leaf buds on branches no longer bowed by snow. The following hush is broken by bird song, and the tell-tale sign of new life on the way. In some circles, now is the time to seek out alliances and renew bonds with friends and family separated by winter's grip; in others, individuals might be twitterpated, seeking out a potential mate, ever eager to show off and impress. Others still are simply eager to travel to greener pastures and savor the building warmth and the hope of an early spring. Some among the Soquili and familiars alike may be all too used to this dance, but others may find it very foreign indeed.

As the world begins to wake from the winter thaw, more and more Soquili find themselves out and about. Perhaps the winter weather had kept them at bay, but now they are here in full force, crowding the Kawani with their presence. While the competition for resources may be made all the more fierce with these strangers in the mix, some Soquili may not find their company so very loathsome after all. Then again, the rites of spring are never without some degree of drama.

How does your Soquili or familiar respond to the burgeoning Spring? Are they ready to get out there and spread their figurative (or sometimes literal) wings now that the weather is warmer? Are they out seeking new friends, new locations, or a mate? Or perhaps they are put off by all the incessant birdsong, chatty new neighbors, and twitter pated fools? Is love in the perfumed air? Or is your soq just trying to make it through the day unbothered and on a hunt for peace and quiet? The world is teaming with new life -- is your Soquili or familiar ready?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:36 am
Carwyn watched from her place in the flower meadow of the Odakota Herd, as the flowers began to begin to peek out of their buds. It was still cold, but she knew life was starting to return to their herd, little by little. Some of the trees that surrounded the meadow started to have little green sprouts, trying so hard to bring some color back to the world. Not to mention, Carwyn's ears were picking up on the sound of birds beginning to return, well ones that were not bonded to some of the herd, like Fiorella that belonged to Aunt Xara. All the bonded familiars had stayed with their partners, all during the long winter. The storm had seemed to rage for a long time, so it was nice to see the snow thawing and spring bringing its array of beauty.

A soft sigh came from the little winged Usdia as she took in the meadow, which she knew would be blanketed with flowers, once they bloomed fully once more. This was a special place for the herd, but especially her parents, who were the alphas of Odakota Herd. Uncle Hoshi and her mother had been looking for a place, when her mother rested in this meadow. That was when her father came upon her and the two fell in love. The thought of it made her wish so much for her own romantic story. Maybe she was bit by the love bug as spring began to warm all around her, including her. Oh how she wanted to be swept into the kind of love her parents had shared.

"Wyn, it is amazing! The sun has come out to play, wrapping everything with its tender embrace. It is still cold, but the woods know spring is here. Listen to all the chirping and chattering as well, from all the woodland creatures that hibernated or flew south. Oh, I have missed all these wonderful sounds, I bet you have to. Oh wait..what's with that look, something is up, I know it is,"a little pink bat rattled on, before picking up on the wistful look from her bonded.

"Oh Eli, the spring is lovely, don't get me wrong. I am..well, my mind is imagining what happened here when my parents met. Can you just imagine just falling asleep among the blossoms, then in walks the love of your life? Maybe it is the beauty of spring that is diving this craving in my heart. I want what they have, but maybe it is silly of me to yearn for something like that,"the mare spoke to her bat, Eliana. Carwyn looked twitter pated, she could feel this longing that she hadn't before. She had been too young to think on it last spring, other than how sweet the story that she always asked her parents about growing up. Now it brought a desire she never thought she wouldn't have imagined before, though maybe she should have. It was a feeling that brought a bit of warmth to her, even with the coolness that still tousled her mane in its breeze that swept through the area.

"That isn't silly at all, considering all the lovely stories you have heard of our family meeting those they love. I will admit there are days, especially since spring began creeping in, that I would love to find someone to love me too. Well, other than you, of course, I mean more romantic love. Maybe seeing all the creatures coming back and starting families is effecting us. It could also be from seeing your parents with one another, along with other members of our family. As the flowers and trees begin their awakening, it reminds us of hope and love, that we want to have,"Eliana suggested. She knew when she saw the love all around them, it brought a desire to have it too. So she didn't think her bonded was silly at one bit, she understood better than anyone could.

"Maybe we can find something to..."Carwyn began, before she heard the sound of a little peeping could be heard near by. The Usdia and her bat familiar both looked to where the sound was coming from. They noticed the little duckling that seemed to be all by itself at the moment. Carwyn gently approached, with Eliana flying near her, as they went to check to see if the little one was okay.

"It is okay, little one, we aren't going to hurt you. Did you get lost from your mother and the rest of your family? Maybe we can help you get back to them, I am sure they are worried. You probably came from the direction of the lake, huh?"Carwyn spoke gently to the little duck.

"I can fly a little ahead and see if I can see a group of ducks there. That way we know for sure that we are on the right track,"Eliana suggested.

"Wonderful idea, thank you, Eliana. I will stay here and watch over the little duckling,"Carwyn agreed, as Eliana headed in the direction of the lake. While the little pink bat did that, Carywn gently knelt down near the peeping duckling.

"You can climb onto my back, then I can keep you safe with my wings. Then you can give your little webbed feet a break, okay?"Carwyn suggested to the little baby duck. Knowing it wouldn't be able to understand her words, she pointed to the duck with her head, then to her back. The baby waddled closer to the little Soquili, before carefully hopping up onto her back. The little one almost fell, but Carwyn secured them with her wings gently. Now all she had to do is wait for Eliana to make it back from the lake, which was close enough that is shouldn't take too long.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:23 pm
Carwyn was right, it only took about five minutes, before Eliana was flying back to her. She saw the smile that broke out over Eliana's face when she swooped down and landed gently on her head. She waited as she was sure her little bat friend was peeking on her back, at the little duckling. If there was one thing she knew, her familiar had a fondness for cute, little things as well.

"Wyn, the little duckling cuddled into your wings has got to be the most adorable thing I have seen. Well, when you came out of your basket was pretty awesome too. Oh, but right...there is a little family of ducks over at the lake, they were on the edge, probably looking for this little one. So we can head on over, making sure the family is reunited with their baby,"Eliana explained.

"Agreed, I am sure they miss each other. I know I would be upset if I was lost from my parents when I was a little foal. Actually, probably would still be, since I am not good at being alone,"Carwyn admitted. She began to walk in the direction of the lake. With it being such a beautiful spring day, they would be able to enjoy the walk to the other nearby meadow, where the lake was located. They would get to hear the sound of the birds and chat along the way, which sounded amazing to her.

As the journeyed through the flower meadow and then the trees, the girls talked about how beautiful it was around them. While the winter frost still clung to some of the grass and other greenery, it was melting little by little from the spring sun. There was also a chill still in the breeze, but it was working its way to warmer. At least they knew the lake they were headed for had thawed early enough for the ducks to come and enjoy it again, along with hatching such cute babies. The tree buds were on their way to blooming into lovely green leaves again. The flowers here and there was adding color to their walk, along with the grass. The birds were filling their small journey with beautiful music, the other forest critters adding their own sounds.

With the joy of talking and just taking in nature, they soon made it to their destination of the lake that was part of the herd territory. Carwyn looked around as soon as they got there, spotting a little family of ducks. She carefully approached, before laying a small distance from them. Then she looked over her shoulder, to the little duckling on her back.

"Here we go, little one. I am sure your family missed you,"she said softly. She allowed the little duckling to hop down off her back, before it let out a little peep to her. Then it noticed their family and made excited peeping as it hurried over to their direction. She watched with a smile as the mother duck nuzzled their missing child, before quacking what she imagined was a thank you. The little ducking turned back to give a peep of its own, before the little family of ducks headed into the lake to go back to swimming.

"Alright, let's head back to the flower meadow, Eli. We reunited a family, that felt so good,"Carwyn smiled, before getting back to her hooves. Then she began to trot for home, again talking to Eliana on their way back.

"With as big a heart as you have, you will find someone to protect it with everything they have. I know it. For now, we have the love of our family,"Eliana spoke brightly, going back to their conversation before the baby duck came to them.

"Yeah, I think you are right. Thank you, Eli,"the little Usdia told her friend. Now to enjoy the rest of their spring day, knowing they had plenty of time to find love.

(WC total: 1,640 words)  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff