Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. x User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:48 am
It had been weeks since Umbrasyl had first met the scared stallion on a dark swampy path. Her precious little Wolfwood had gotten stuck in the swamp, poor dear, and she had to go rescue him. While she had expected to find the big lug happily gooping about, she hadn't expected another stallion trying to help him.

And what a stallion he was.

Never mind him being scared of just about everything, including his own shadow, he was rather the looker. Oh she knew the moment she laid eyes upon him the plans she had for him. She didn't want anyone else laying hoof or paw upon him, no, he was to be hers.

And somehow, he became just that.

Probably much to his mother's dismay, but she had kept her word. She hadn't harmed him. That was the last thing she wanted with this shy looker. Or his sassy snake.

"Zander, darling. What are the plans for today?" the black mare asked as she slid closer to him, brushing the top of her head and mane against his chin, her little butterfly friends suddenly scattering from the camouflage they were previously nesting in. "I'm quite bored you know." he smirked, a bit playfully.

(204 words)
Revel1984

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:23 am
Zander had been patrolling the swamp where he lived as usual when one day he'd bumped into a stallion, he'd thought the strange wolfish Soquili was dead at first, impaled as he was but the head turned, fear and confusion in the male's eyes as he was sinking into a deeper part of the murky water. Zander had managed to help the strange stallion out, with some difficulty, it seemed like the stranger didn't realise he was helping at first. Once the stallion was out he'd had to help him to the edges of the swamp, fortunately it was easy to find which path the other had come this way on and Zander had led him back to the same place he'd entered, all the while the impaled stallion had been mentioning someone called Umbra. Zander watched as the other stallion made his way off back in the other direction and away from the swamp. Satisfied his job was done, he carried on patrolling, for days, mundane as usual until a dark mare with glowing eyes had shown up, somehow she'd been able to navigate the paths of the swamp quietly enough to sneak up on him (quite a feat honestly since he knew the sounds of the swamp, as well as he knew his permanently attached snake friend.) He'd about jumped right out of his skin and almost stumbled into a small puddle of oozing, smelly swamp mud, instead propelling himself forwards again until he was nose to nose with the mare. She'd had him cornered at that time and he'd trembled, he hadn't expected her to have been between him and the safe path.

Over time, he'd learned she was the friend/owner/master/ex lover of the impaled stallion, who's name was Wolfwood, fitting, and her own name, Umbrasyll, he was intrigued, firstly with her skill in the swamp, and then with her as a friend and eventually more. He felt braver around her for some reason, he never had liked being alone but most soquili took one look at him, the snake coming from his eye, and fled the other way, Umbrasyll however, did the opposite, she had kept coming and visiting him until at some point, she just never left. She (and Wolfwood) made his large cave home in the swamp, feel not as big and empty. His mother had disapproved but he'd realised by then he'd fallen in love with this dark mare and his mother saw that she made him happy and left it alone... mostly.

He was still getting used to her though and being around her all the time, he didn't jump anymore however, when she brushed against him, he liked when she brushed under his chin with her head. He sighed and closed his eyes for a moment as the butterflies fluttered around his face. "I was going to patrol the swamp soon, since it will be starting to get dark, check the paths, see if there are any new ones, unless you had another idea Umbrasyll love" he was awkward with this kind of love, it was still new to him.

(522 words)
Fea Line

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:52 am
Sometimes she still wondered about Zander, about the nature of their relationship. It took a while to even call it that but eventually she had won him over. She loved that he looked so imposing but was so timid and gentle. It was such a contrast that she naturally found herself drawn to him. Also a bit amused by hinm at the same time.

Not to mention that sassy snake. Oh she'd have rows for days with the slithering little friend. Sometimes, though, she'd also like to just n** him out of Zanders eye. But she'd never outright do that.

"Patrolling seems fine love." she admitted softly. It wasn't that she disliked it, it just sometimes bored her. She'd more like to watch a few critters sink when he wasn't around, only to pull them out later. Just to see how far they'd go. Sometimes she even let Wolfwood sink again. The big lug didn't really understand. He was just simply there to provide needs she had unfilled before meeting Zander.

"After though.... could we just walk. in the dark. Without your lantern?" she asked him, leaning up to give him the pitty eyes, fluttering her lashes some as the butterflies finally settled on his nose, gently flicking their wings open and closed.

She peered around his back quickly to make sure the snake didn't try to eat one or two, giving it a stink eye, before back to Zander. If she could press herself any closer to him without just knocking him over, she would have done so. She also enjoyed when he was nervous and squirmed. It was oh so cute.
(273 words)

Revel1984

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:26 am
Zander's snake 'friend' yawned as he stared at Umbrasyll, unblinking, because of course, snakes didn't blink. The snake actually had liked Umbrasyll from the beginning, being more outspoken than the stallion he was attached to, he liked the 'lively debates' as he called them, with the dark mare, sometimes striking at her butterflies just for the laughs. It had been the snake that had told Zander's mother to back off on Umbra, that Zander loved the mare, to which Zander had admitted. he stuck a tongue out at her before curling up on top of Zander's head, his tail permanently attached to the stallion, luckily he never resented it, he was never alone and the snake liked company. Zander blinked a few times as the snake moved around then settled for the night.

He turned to the mare who held his heart "I don't see why not my love, i...i..mean, we both know the paths by n..n..now" he stuttered as she pressed closer in, his eyes crossing to look at the butterflies that landed on his nose, he tried not to but .. he sneezed, sending them fluttering back into the air. "S..sorry" he muttered to them. He didn't know of Umbra's exploits, or rather more accurately, he didn't want to know, it was just one thing about her that while he didn't like it, asking her not to, would be like asking her not to breathe, or not to be with him. It was just part of who she was and he wouldn't change her, ever. He sighed and leaned back, though gently. "Will Wolfwood be joining us?" he asked, sometimes the impaled stallion would, though he never seemed to learn the paths like Umbra had, often stumbling into trouble, to the point Zander had been forced to put stakes along some of the permanent paths, linking them with vines to provide a safe route around, as long as you didn't step over the vines, you were on the right paths.

(331 words)

Fea Line

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:35 pm
She couldn't help but laugh as he sneezed. She flicked her ears, a sort of sign for her little friends to leave his nose alone as they took place on her back instead of about his face. She could also tell he didn't want to ask about what she'd prefer to do, nor would she have told him anyways. She tended to keep that to herself, doing it when he wasn't around and hopefully wouldn't notice. Though she was sure he did. He wasn't as brainless as her impaled companion was.

Speaking of...

"No, I don't think so. I told him to stay put and out of the swamp tonight." she chuckled again. Ah that stallion. He was..... stupid. Strange, wonderful and stupid. He amused her so she kept him around still. But he was very good at following directions, at least from her. "I just want to spend time with you tonight love. You, I, the stares..... well and worm of course." she added. Worm had become the 'loving' nickname she had given the snake. Part of her wrinkled her nose softly at that. Then made her laugh. If she wanted true alone time with him, she'd have to sever that.... 'bond'... first.

And she wasn't about to do that either. "Ok so maybe then he can just shut his little slit ears and be sssssilent for a while." she taunted the snake before casting her glowing gold gaze back at Zander, her eyes half shut, lashes possibly fluttering.

(250)

Revel1984

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:37 am
He didn't mind the butterflies, they were cute, and strange, that they liked the dark just as much as the light, but he liked them. He was relieved when Umbra said Wolfwood wasn't going to be joining them, while he liked the other stallion, it was exhausting sometimes, especially when he and Umbra walked the trails he hadn't yet managed to stake posts and ropes onto to keep him on the paths.

"I always enjoy my time with you Umbra" he said, giving her a gentle boop with his muzzle, "the stars always were my favourite part of walking the swamp, until you came along that is" he smiled, looking upwards. "Don't worry about snake, he only listens when he wants to, he's good at ignoring things.. especially me"

The snake on his part, just licked a tongue out, tasting the air like any normal snake, though he was far from a normal snake. He didn't need to eat for a start, or sleep, but he could go into a dormant state, almost like hibernating, almost. "Don't fret oh shadowy one, pretend i'm not even here, like i even want to be aware of what you two get up to without the stick head around..." he chuckled. He liked this mare.

(211 words)

Fea Line

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:45 am
She laughed, leaning into the nuzzle.

Not long ago she hadn't really considered herself one to settle down. Wolfwood fulfilled... needs when she needed it but it always just felt empty. And with as empty as the other stallion's brain was it was refreshing to be able to hold an actual conversation.

Not to say her kids weren't dolls in her eyes, but they seemed to carry her mischievousness far more than she did. Though in all secrecy she enjoyed it. Banevul was such a delight as a foal...

But what about foals with Zander?

If her fur had been any lighter he'd probably have seen her blush if not smirk. "I don't believe I've ever truly noticed the stars." she admitted, still smirking. Her glowing gold gaze was locked on him. "How can I when you shine much brighter." she teased. If she had a longer tail she'd have probably playfully flicked it in his face. Instead, her tail went through the motion, only becoming fluffier. "As for wormy dear, I'll give him a good nibble if he misbehaves tonight." she added, almost purring in her tones. "Shall we get going then?"

(193 words)
Revel1984

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:29 am
"Ah but the stars Umbra... there's not anything quite like them" he said, staring up, "Their positions in the sky, the shapes of the constellations, it's fascinating" Though he'd never looked into astrology much, he liked looking up "sometimes there's shooting stars, some so bright it's like daylight", his admiration for the burning balls of gas, millions of miles away, was noticable in his tone.

He sighed and turned to the mare "though they're nothing compared to your eyes my dear" he said, as she spoke. "It's only my lantern" he said, he'd never been one to realise a compliment, at times he took things very literally. He had to clamp his jaws shut as she wagged her tail, the urge to laugh at how adorable it was, was strong. He grabbed his lantern, making sure it's glow was strong and motioned for Umbra to precede him "After you love" he said, dipping his head, watching as she walked in front of him, smile on his face.

(167 words)
Fea Line

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:43 am
Umbrasyl simply shook her head. She'd work on getting him to realize what a compliment was. Oh her precious little glow bug of a stallion. "Oh Zander." she simply said softly as she led the way in front of him, perhaps flicking her tail to give him a bit of a view. "I can't imagine what I'd be doing now if I hadn't found you." she admitted. She also didn't know what Wolfwood would do. He'd probably be long sunk into the swamp muck by now. What a mental image that was.

There was a thought that had crossed her mind however, that she had wanted to ask him.

If some knew of her without knowing her, they'd probably think she was a bit too.... dark... to have children. And not in the color sense. But she missed her offspring being foals. "Zander.... " she asked him as she paused, glancing up at the stars, watching them twinkle. "Have you ever thought about having foals?" she tilted her head, leaving it rather open for him. If he caught her meaning, she'd continue the idea, but if he was his usual self and missed it, well she'd simply chuckle and try again later.

(201 words)

Revel1984

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:53 am
Zander paused "Me either Umbra love, i always thought i'd spend my life alone, well... with visits from family, but .. patrolling these swamps by myself, now... well i couldn't imagine being here without you" he caught up to her and walked by her side. "I never realised how lonely it was here, until you came into my life"

Her question however, slightly blindsided him, they'd never really talked about this before, though he knew she'd had foals with Wolfwood, he didn't judge her for it, it was simply a part of her life before they'd met. Though, he had to admit, at first, it had been a bit weird having Wolfwood around, but he soon realised the impaled stallion was no barrier to his and Umbra's love. "i... uh ..Umbra, i'd love to have foals with you" He'd have to rethink his life in the swamp, at least while the foals were young and prone to running off but having his own foals ... "Are you sure though? they might be.... like me" ... he meant different, while his family had never judged him for his snake or his looks, others did. "What if they're unhappy because they are like me?"

The snake at this point perked his head "Oh do shut up, they should be proud to have a dad like you, there's absolutely nothing wrong with you, or us, you big dummy ... YEESH... i love you buddy but i wish you wouldn't be so down on yourself, i wish you'd see yourself how i see you, how Umbrasyll there sees you, hell... how WOLFWOOD sees you" the snake headbutted Zander between the eyes "Wake up, anyone who's ever ACTUALLY gotten to know you, loves you"

(285 words)
Fea Line

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:11 pm
For once Umbra had to agree with the snake and she simply shook her head and chuckled. "Zander darling, the reason I'm asking is because I want them to be like YOU." she said before pausing, tossing her head in a flirty and playful manner. "And a bit like me of course." she grinned before she looked back at the snake. "Yes, even wormy too. He can be mouthy but he's got brains when he needs to." she said, tossing the snake a wink before stopping to move in front of Zander. "Listen to him, hmm? If I didn't like you, I simply wouldn't have stayed. And that's the easy truth." she said, before moving in to press her nose to his.

122 words

Revel1984

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:32 pm
Zander was taken aback by the snake's words, and the headbutting, he could be snarky at times yes but he'd never spoken to Zander that way before, he dipped his head, taking the snake with him "That's what mother says but... before i knew you Umbra, or Wolfwood, i never really had that kind of reaction from anyone outside my family" he raised his head a little again, enough so that his and Umbra's foreheads touched, as well as noses. "I can only try and do my best, even if you being with me feels like a dream... well i'll just keep dreaming" he smiled and moved forwards, leaning his neck over Umbra's shoulders and tucking his chin in a horsey 'hug'. "I'll try and believe it" he whispered "For them, not just for me" he added, meaning his and Umbra's children, whenever they may come along.

(147 words)
Fea Line

END  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas