[FIN] Another Day [Ravenna x Atheron] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:00 pm
As she stopped, he stopped. Mirroring her, Atheron stood facing her direction. Waiting patiently, his eyes stayed on her expression as his body stilled. Except, the leisurely swish of his tail towards the left. Standing stilled for a while set his muscles jumping under his dark coat. Her next words mattered more than the call to move.

Interesting dynamic. The decision wasn't hers alone? Were they not following the Matriarch runs the band? Or was it just because they were siblings? His ears shifted up and down as the information filtered through. If the lines were more equal then it made sense.

To be fair, he wouldn't want to hang around with a band that didn't want him there. His own was more than enough, "Thats fair." The agreement for Aiolos' judgement was easy enough.

The rest of what she said completely passed over his head. The relative concepts were familiar enough. His own band worshiped Spriti Fauna, Spirit of Animals/The Wild. Lessons about the faith lived in his everyday life. His mother and the Matriarch tried their hardest to pound the concepts into his head.

Some of their lessons were easy to internalize, especially 'Follow the Tracks', let the Living Spirit guide them. This wasn't something he felt any strong belief into besides hunting and traveling. Would what he grew up with conflict with what her budding band believed?

The more she spoke, the more he was sure he needed to be there. The two against a potential band? Those numbers didn't sit well with him. "Sounds like the two of you have been through a lot. I would be honored to ease your worries. My own band followed the spirits of life, signs in the birds and beasts. We would have no conflict there." They found each other. If his band wasn't there, then maybe one of their pantheons had a say in the matter?

He wasn't very spiritual, but if she was the Priestess, there would be no risk of his wavering!

Uta
Perfect!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:06 pm
The fact that Atheron didn't immediately judge her, or appear nonplussed, eased some of the black coated mare's worries. While he was still a stranger, his words pleased her--she felt a strong connection with nature, and took little issue with any spirit or guardian deity.... except those of the Sun. Even then, she felt reverence and respect to the spirits and the gods... but she had turned her back on them, and did not wish to offend the gods of the Moon or disrupt her Calling. The sun was beautiful but it could burn and kill ... where the moon was nothing but soft, gentle, and secret.

No, Ravenna did not wish to live in a herd that was like the place she had left. She wanted something different, some place more gentle, less rigid, less restrictive. She wanted a home, and a place where she and others called by the Moon would thrive.

Perhaps she was speaking to a new member of the fold? Perhaps their meeting was fortuitous and marked the beginning of something new? "Well then," she mused, "Assuming my brother yields no objection, I look forward to welcoming you to Nox Lunae. We don't have much of a territory yet, but I know the Moon will guide me to the perfect place." In fact, Ravenna was quite certain she was close, if not already there.

She was tired of roaming. Tired of running. She was ready to settle and make a sanctuary for those who wished to live beneath the stars. Perhaps meeting Atheron was a sign--or perhaps she was simply exhausted. It was getting late, after all. Aiolos was probably wondering where she'd gone.

She took a few steps again, preparing to guide Atheron through the last the foliage towards the lake. She could at least see if his band was there, and ensure there were no loose ends. If they were, Atheron could surely make his choice, or at least his peace. She would not hold him to his interest--he was looking for his home, after all; just as she was.

EvilSilverDragon
I think we're getting close to a wrap. :3 What say you?

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:59 am
Two unrelated stallions meeting, it was going to be an interesting evening. Still, being here stilled him. After uncounted moons alone, actually having a purpose, other than not angering every lady he met, set him lighter on his hooves. "I look forward to helping!" Chest puffed out a little, his fists on his hips, Atheron smiled boldly.

As he followed her, the boastful pride settled down. Confident steps and a tail held in proud flag stayed planted. If she was accepting him, then he didn't need to put on a show. His skills would prove themselves.

As they found the lavender lakes she spoke of, no immediate signs of his band appeared. He didn't see or hear anything familiar. There wasn't enough acting talent in the stallion to appear the least bit disappointed.

Ravenna calmed him just like the Spirits she followed. For even a few moon, he looked forward to the peace. To making a difference by helping the fledgling herd. Maybe a few accolades along the way.

Uta
Agreed, its a good place to wrap up. Atheron is currently with Nox Lunae

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:43 pm
The lakeside was indeed empty besides the pair of them. Ravenna was still processing the idea that she had stumbled upon an individual so eager to help. She hoped Aiolos wouldn't object -- though if he did, she would keep consider his concerns. She didn't know the first thing about setting up a herd, but she did take Atheron's meeting as an auspicious start.

She was keen on choosing a location to truly settle. More and more, she knew what she wanted in the herdlands -- a little meadow so they might have a view of the moon and stars, but nearby protection from the elements or threats in the woods. She didn't want a village, but she did want a sense of permanence -- unlike Atheron's former-band who seemed more or less nomadic, Ravenna was tired of roaming.

She wanted a place to call home, and that home to be welcoming of those the night spirits might send their way.

So it was, Ravenna remained quiet, until it was clear that no one was going to magically show up. Giving a small flick of her tail, Ravenna finally looked toward her companion. "Shall we, then? I can guide you back to where Aiolos and I are currently residing." At minimum, perhaps Atheron wouldn't mind easing Aiolos of hunting or guarding. She needed sleep, and perhaps her brother could take a respite as well.

Many hands made light work, after all... and Nox Lunae had just gained a new set.

-FIN-

EvilSilverDragon
And that's a wrap! Let me know if you want more RP -- either with Ravenna, or anyone else! :3 We can turn this in now for RP points, too.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out