[PRP][Ravenna and Dysme] -- Like Foals, in the Water

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:27 am
User ImageDysme was utterly exhausted. They was returning from a deeply troubling job where the quarry somehow discovered their hiding place and a struggle had ensued before they could finally bring her down. The fact that there was a struggle involved would work against the guild's employers, as she had been known as a sort of coward. That did not matter to Dysme. In fact, they had hated killing that woman, who wanted only to survive. But the job was done.

Return to normal. They just needed to relax their trembling fingers. Shake the anxiety out. Breathe deeply, pushing out the bad thoughts and tension. Movement graceful and fluid. It took a while, but soon they was their normal self, with just a hint of that tremor.

Away from the town and on the road, the moon was high overhead, casting bluish-silver light everywhere, through the trees, over grass, and, ah... a creek. They could hear the water laughing and tumbling somewhere nearby. The perfect place to rest. The soft roar of the water would cover any sounds they might make as they built a campfire to sit beside. There were rocks everywhere, daring them to climb them. The water was crisp and sweet. And the water level was not high, just enough to splash around in. The temptation was too much. Once they was done setting up the fire, they laughed and ran to the creekside. They had not played in the water like this since they was a foal.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:26 pm
User Image

Things were finally beginning to look up in the world. Not only had Ravenna found a place to settle with Aiolos, but she had come into contact with the bold Atheron. The latter made a nice change, and as her first official herdmate, inspired Ravenna to trust in the Moon spirit's will. The fears she had felt after being ousted from the Sun Herd had not gone away completely--but they were substantially alleviated. Time, experience, and a new acquaintance meant that the dark-haired Priestess was feeling cautiously optimistic about her prospects.

She may have lost her home unexpectedly -- but she was not alone, nor was she without. The land had been good to Aiolos and she, and so long as she kept the faith, all would be well. Blessings were much like phases of the moon -- they would wax and wane, but always, they would change with time.

So it was, the dark-haired centauress picked her way through the woods. She had come a ways from the herdlands, laden with various herbs, roots, fruits, vegetables, remedies, and a few vials of moon-blessed water. She had yet to reach the village, but knew she was near. She wasn't eager to leave the protection of the woods, so it was, Ravenna decided to linger in the woods. The market wouldn't be open until the morning anyway, and she was far enough from the crowded town to feel safe. No one was out traversing the woods at this hour...

Or so she thought.

It was the laughter that caused her ears to p***k ever so slightly. It surprised her, honestly, and she wondered if perhaps it was some faerie meant to cause some trickery. Still, curiosity got the better of her, and with a bit of caution she followed the sound to the source. Sure enough, tracing a stream along its path, she caught sight of a centaur splashing around in the water. A crackling fire wasn't far, but Ravenna saw no trace of any other. Perhaps the stranger's companions had gone deeper into the woods? Perhaps she was traveling alone?

A glance up through the trees confirmed the phase of the moon; it bolstered her spirits, and like the waning moon, she too felt as if she had nothing to hide, and could shine freely. There was nothing to fear...surely.

Clearing her throat, Ravenna purposefully stepped loudly through the foliage, making sure to snap a fallen twig, and to give a swish of her tail against neighboring bushes and plants. "I see I'm not the only one in these woods," she greeted, keeping far enough away to bolt just in case the stranger preferred to b e left alone. She wouldn't take up the others time if the stranger wished to be left alone.

Melomar

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:13 pm
Uta
I apologize, as my pronoun use in the first post must have been confusing. With that in mind, I have edited the post to use "they" pronouns exclusively. Since both are correct for Dysme you may certainly continue to use whichever you prefer, "they" or "she."

Dysme's childish laughter paused, suspended in the night air behind their toothy smile. They nearly lost their footing on the slick round rocks as they they heard a twig snap, followed by other unmistakable sounds and most importantly a friendly voice. Hands already at their knife sheaths, they were ready for a fight, but the newcomer was apparently not. Dysme was smart enough to know that trickery could be afoot, but their hands slid away and they stood upright with easygoing posture. What if she had been sent by an enemy? But what if she was just a normal centaur?

The air carried a faint scent of freshly cut herbs. Was that in the bundle she carried? "Indeed. Yet it is a rare occasion that two lone travelers should meet in the night. Is it mere coincidence, or perhaps it is fate? You are welcome to share my campfire, if you wish," they offered, turning to gesture shadowy limbs toward the fire.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:06 pm
Ravenna had noticed the others seeming surprise--or at least how the other shot up upon her approach. So it was, she hesitated, not wanting to cause the other to flee or see her as a threat. One couldn't be too careful, after all -- not every creature on the island was a friendly sort.

Ravenna remained where she stood, wanting to assure the other that she meant no harm and came in peace. "Indeed, I know few who are often awake at this hour," she confirmed with a small smile. "I did not mean to trespass, or disturb you. I am headed to the village, to barter some goods at the market come morning," there was no harm in explaining why she was out and about, after all. Perhaps this one came from the village?

Her mention of fate did have her ears p***k some. "I'm a firm believer in fate, and think very little left to chance." Of course, she believed that the moon and the stars guided her path -- she had been called by the Moon, after all, and had yet to be lead astray. Things were finally starting to work out -- why the moon had lead her to this stranger, she could not say -- but perhaps it would be an auspicious meeting.

At the offer of sharing the fire, Ravenna gave a small nod. "Perhaps for just a short while to rest my hooves--if you don't mind." She had traveled farther than she was accustomed, and a stop would do her well. If, of course, the stranger did not mind.

Melomar
I'm happy to use they exclusively! :3

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:53 am
"As you could probably surmise, I am at home in the night. But I have no claim to this land. I am only here to rest for a little while." Dysme had noticed how their guest kept her distance at first. Several possible reasons spun through their head, but in the end, it was their best interest to be the gracious host.

The other centaur's words seemed plausible. It would make sense to want to catch the market early, and it would require overnight travel to do so. It was only fair to share their own reason for being here after the tauress' admission. "I, too, am headed to the village, had some business in another town and wanted to get back early. My troupe and I are going to perform. I'm a dancer."

Did Dysme, an assassin by night, really believe in fate? They wondered about her belief, was it really strong? Did their meeting, then, have some important meaning? Dysme's thoughts slid back to the possibility that this centaur was the enemy. Their meeting could hold some fate to it; whomever should survive the night would have been fated to. If this centaur was no assassin, then they could have been fated to meet for other reasons. What could they be?

Tonight was going to be interesting, if nothing else. "Please, do come to the fireside and rest." With that, Dysme deliberately turned their back to the other centaur and lead the way back to the fire. There was not much in the way of comfort, but the creek had been Dysme's sole reason to stop here. Dysme crossed over to the far side of the fire so that she could sit down wherever else she would like. "My name is Dysme. I am pleased to meet you."

Uta
Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:19 am
"A fellow nightwalker," she stated approvingly, offering a small smile. "Then it seems we're both headed to the same place. How auspicious," she mused, pleased that she wasn't holding the other up.

She did not intend to cut the other's joy of the water so short though. Perhaps the mare would return to the water's edge with time. As Dysme confessed that she was part of some troupe, and was a dancer as well, Ravenna did peek around -- just in case there were other centaurs in the area she may have overlooked or missed.

"I wish you and your troupe well -- I have no such talent I'm afraid." While she could carry a tune, she would never peg herself as talented in the art of song or dance. She was but a Priestess, after all... and did as the Moon and the Night commanded. "I hope to be on my way early, and pray to the Moon that I need not be stuck bartering all day. I'd much prefer a night market, but they are few and far between." She would need to rest in the shade of the woods or try to forge back to Aiolos and Atheron -- perhaps, when Nox Lunae was more established, she could open up a night market for those who were less keen to be out and about in the harsh light of day. Something to think about when she was back on her home territory.

"My name is Ravenna, from Nox Lunae," she replied, following the mare. The fire was warm and inviting, and allowed her to better see her new companion. Dysme was far more delicate and likely fleet-of-foot than Ravenna was, but her coat was dark, with streaks and stripes of color. "It's good to meet you." Ravenna did sit down opposite of Dysme, glad to be off her hooves, even for a few moments. "Please, don't let me ruin your fun--I promise not to take up much of your time." She hastened to assure.

Melomar

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:38 pm
Dysme angled their head when the other centaur called them "nightwalkers." That was a fitting description. They would wait until Ravenna introduced herself before sitting.

"Thank you. The troupe is, in fact, doing quite well." That was, they were well-trained, enjoyed their work, and worked hard. But how was money? Well, that was not Dysme's thing. They left their money in the bank and carried very little, just what was needed for the day. Most of that money came from a hit every now and then, let the troupe handle their scrimped and saved money without Dysme.

"A night market. Huh." Dysme thought about it and decided such a thing could be interesting. Would everyone carry a lantern with them to evaluate the wares? Imagine all the Strange Ones that could then use that excuse to come out and mingle. Or cause trouble.

"Ravenna. A pleasure to meet you." They nodded to her again and curled up by the fire with a small smile. "Oh, about before? Don't worry about that. I kind of lost myself for a few moments. The water was so cold!" Dysme chuckled. "I would like to hear about Nox Lunae," they added, leaning toward the mare across from them. Was it a town? A herd? A cult? "I am not familiar with it. However, if you are too travelworn I understand. I do not wish to be troublesome for you." It would be better for both of them if Dysme was polite and not obtrusive. It would be better if Ravenna did not remember Dysme's face, and a pleasant listener is not as sharp in memory as one who shares a lot of personal information and opinions..

Uta

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff