Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:31 pm
User Image

Paths tread became more familiar as once wild abandon found direction. With a central point now, Atheron started patrolling instead of wondering. With her lofty goals, or Calling, the small group needed every advantage. His contributions started with the wanderer's spirit.

As dusk started to paint the blue sky, the dark stallion expanded his run. Every day he moved his circle farther out. Each evening he noted what he could of use before returning.

Returning became a word his soul dearly needed after losing touch his own band.

This evening that expand circle found him nearly running into something truly strange. Leaving the safety of the trees, Atheron came upon a wooden structure. As soon as he saw it his canter turned into a slow trot ending at a stand still near a respectable distance away.

Faced with something new, he stood and studied what he could see of the structure with a head tilted in confusion. What exactly was he looking at and how did it come to be?

Fea Line

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:14 am
User Image

It had already felt like a life time that Lunaris and himself had managed to build this lovely little cottage of their own. Sometimes it still felt like it had only just been yesterday they were still gathering wood and building supplies, getting the structure and framework of their home set up and put together.

Each part of it felt like it lasted a life time, yet not long enough. The finishing touches had just been decided upon and nearly set in place. Just a few more shopping trips to trade and barter for the resources needed.

But not today. Today was a rest day and while Lunaris tended to his sewing and weaving Draven was taking freshly cleaned cloths and beddings and now bringing them outside to hang upon a line twined between two wooded stakes so that they air dried. He was humming to himself, setting a few brightly colored fabrics along the line when something else caught his vision.

Standing not too far off was another figure, one he hadn't recognized before. The large stallion blinked, tilting his head before offering the other a brief wave. "Hello there. Are you looking for someone?" Draven called out.

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:30 pm
Too distracted for his own good, the sudden voice shocked him into a rearing motion. Prancing back several steps, Atheron tried to cover his shock with a cough. The dancing tail hardly did him any favors in the 'looking cool' department.

Still, he coughed again and ran a hand through his hair to brush off some of the shock still running adrenaline through his veins. "I.well.. no.." Words, thats a start. Now pull of a sentence!

"I've never seen a structure quite like this." Looking towards the structure, he was still trying to puzzle over it. "I was trying to figure out its purpose and how it was made." While the idea of a house wasn't quite foreign, a structure that appeared that permanent?

Ears flicked up and down several seconds as his brain caught up with the curiosity. "Uh, sorry is this your..structure?" Since the other didn't sound defensive at first, he might find out more by talking then staring like an idiot.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:07 am
Draven, admittingly, was taken aback.

Structure?

His head slow turned like a confused child to eye the small house he had built for himself and his love then back to the other centaur. Who he had startled apparently. That much hadn't been lost to the big black beef.

"You mean my house?" he blinked again, pointing towards the obvious elephant in the forest so to speak. He was still confused but now a playful smile seemed to form over his features. "Its purpose is to keep my mate and I safe, warm and dry." he chuckled, thinking this other centaur probably just didn't live in a .... well built up area.

"As for how it was made..." he said again as he set a sheet back into a basket at his hooves and flexed an arm, the other hand running over the muscles. He shot a cheeky grin towards the other then laughed, clearly trying to make a joke and hoping it didn't fall on flat ears.

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:26 pm
House? He tumbled that word over in his head as he stared at the structure. Sure, dry he understood but the rest? Just wonder on when it gets cold. Right?

Somewhere in the back of his head he was starting to understand that not everyone wanted to 'wonder on'. Ravenna seemed travel weary and was wasn't able to get a good read on the brother. Flora moved around and he did too. Until now, maybe.

Still dumbstruck at the idea, he questioned, "Wouldn't it be hard to move?" No, no it was clearly not made to move. Instead of fighting to figure it out, the answer came by way of a better ice breaker.

As Draven answered him, he turned his attention to the other stallion as he 'demonstrated' how he built it. Sure it took him a second, but Atheron let out a laugh himself.

Tapping his own much smaller gray arms, he remarked, "You have me beat there." Just about everywhere else. This stranger was massive but carried himself so elegantly.

"I am Atheron Lycone. I didn't mean to disturb you. I've just never seen a struc-home like this, meant to stand for more than a few days."
Was that a skill they would need? Build something more permanent?

Fea Line

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:54 pm
Draven let out his own laugh at the question of how does it move, but it seemed the other had already started to figure it out before the black stallion even needed an explanation. Chuckling, he simply added. "Yes, it's not meant to be moved. It's permanent. At least, for as long as we wish to stay here." he added before he eyed the other feeling their arm.

Draven gave another playful flex before he waved his hand in a dismissive manner. "Enough of those jokes. Lunaris would surely smack me if he saw me now." he laughed again before he bent down to grab another bedding sheet, using said muscled arms to snap it out fully then hang it over a line to dry. Laundry still had to get done after all.

"Quite alright. We enjoy visitors, its not very often others wander here." he added before finishing tidying up the sheet so it was straight on the line. "Atheron Lycone, it is a pleasure to meet you." he finally said before moving to stand more at attention to the other, bringing a hand to his chest in a soft torso only bow. "I'm Draven. Simply Draven I'm afraid, no fancy surname." he grinned. "And you are no disturbance. If you'd like something to eat or drink I can gather us some snacks?" he blinked, wondering if the other would like to stay or if he had places to be.

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:39 pm
This stood as a concept that sounded so basic. If a band was going to stay in one location, it made some sense to have structures for protection. Just..Why? That answer was probably as varied as there were centaurs. It just felt so..foreign. Going from running his whole life to swimming or flying of all things.

Still, Ravenna seemed to have her eyes set on that metaphorical swimming or flying.

Part of him wanted to ask about what he was doing, the other part wanted limit just how stupid he sounded at one time.

If wanderers didn't come by this direction often then that must mean its safer this way. Having even one part of the perimeter relatively safe provided a small measure of relief. Standing there weighing what benefits he was learning had, Atheron almost missed the gesture.

Mirroring Draven, Atheron followed with a responding bow gesture as the other had done, "Well met, Draven." Everyone in his band had the band and family name. Just one more way nothing was the same again.

Caught between imposing on the other hospitality and learning something he could use to benefit the new herd, Ravenna took priority. "I'll gladly take that invention. I'd love to chat more about that str-house." There was a new way of living. Might as well learn.

Fea Line

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff