Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:46 pm
User Image

The Earth moved, the Sky Water betrayed. Just how could an entire lifetime wash away in a river of earth and rock? Here in the morning sun, the world almost looked peaceful. No sounds of laughter, no calls of friends or boasting of hunters. No screams of terror, roar of the mountain side or crack of thunder.

Even now, there were no sounds of crying, calling of names or shouts of anger.

Searching for hours and days left her hands stained the shades of clay. All Shadwstar had to show for her efforts lay in one shining stone. A necklace treasured for a lifetime, lost in the Upending event. Here it lay, caught on a rock for her to find.

She collected the stone in silence, putting it back on her neck. Its glow would be with her forever, along with the memories. This wasn't all of the Band lands, if her search here was in vain, maybe hope lay elsewhere.

Finally moving, the powerful centaur moved slow, favoring her right arm, front right leg and her back left. Not even the best efforts of her parents could spare her injury in the chaos that engulfed her home.

Self blame pushed her. If only she had been stronger, faster, just more. Some could have been saved, even just one. The little band had foals, cutest ones she'd ever known and she wasn't enough.

Curse the Stars above! Anger, it turned out, kept her moving just as well. With a full days track away from the world she left behind, she found herself at another stream in time to start to wash the signs of her war with the Earth away. Injury dulling her senses to much around her besides the water and the birds.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:56 am
User Image

Aelius had thus far led a remotely peaceful life. Though he had yet to make too many friends, he had acquaintances and faces to names of suppliers and those who had helped him set up his small hovel near a peaceful stream.

He had picked up the art of spear fishing, while not amazing at it, he had slowly begun to get better. Every morning he'd practice, when the sun was just barley kissing the sky and the waters ran cool, the fish all out enjoying their lives.

It was the very same this morning, already a string of three fish on the shore behind him, his mind set to catch only one more for today. Along with the stock he kept back home in a cooled box, He could make these last for the next week or so. He didn't like to fish the river dry. At least that had been his thought when he noticed that parts of the water streaming by were muddy, almost.....red?

"What on earth?" he frowned to himself before he glanced up and down, spotting another centaur just up ahead, washing herself in the stream. He had first thought to call out when he noticed she was injured. That's when his hooves picked up before he realized it. "Hey, are you ok?!"

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:20 pm
As the blood and mud left her hands, washed away by the river. Even as her hands cleaned, the traces remained. Everywhere she looked, she saw signed. The cuts and abrasions stood as physical reminders. Unseen blood and mud seemed to never clear.

As she rubbed her hands more obsessively, there was the starting of a sniffle. Just the beginning of allowing herself to cry. Only, a stranger's voice quickly stuffed that right back into the bottle it belonged.

Yelping, she spun as well as she could to face the potential threat. Her injured limbs nearly gave out on her with the sudden movement. She had to lean against the tree near her just to keep from fully going down. "Yes." her quick, defensive answer spilled out as every inch of her body screamed 'lies!' Her front right hoof didn't fully go into the ground while her left front sunk into the mud. The same with her rear left leg, the tip of her hoof sat on the ground while the rest was held up.

Jumping muscles of her haunches and the rapped, silent rattling of her tail finished the advertisement that she was full of manure and far too tired to hid it well.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:03 am
The power and demanding in her voice almost had been enough to send him back home except that his eyes saw far more than his ears had heard. While he didn't press an advance closer he frowned, his face covered in disbelief. "I find that hard to believe, unless you prefer to live in a state of what seems like pain and filth." he mused, though his voice was still gentle.

He eyed the tree that was supporting her, admiring its strength for keeping an obviously strong centaur like herself aloft still. Her colors and striping reminded him of a wild animal, her tail, perhaps a curse or blessing, added to the factor. He hadn't yet run into someone like her before and while he was concerned first and foremost, he was curious.

"My name is Aelius. I come here often to practice my fishing. If you are as ok as you insist, I will simply leave you be. However, your washing seems to have run downstream to where I was and scared off most the fish for the time being. So if, instead, you'd accept help, I shall extend my hand." he stated simply, holding out his hand, despite being too far away for her to take it, as a gesture of good intentions.

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:12 pm
His first statement earned immediate sour expression. With a snort way too loud to be respectable and twitching of the end of her tail, she was getting ready to tell him off. Looking down at the mostly cleaned hand, red blazed her cheeks as it set it just how much of a state she was in. Mead- There were friends of hers that would tease her for it.

Faces, voices, memories flashed, flooding out the indignation. The tip of her tail kept lashing even as the emotion spike claimed.

Once his name was given, it only seemed right to offer her own. "Shadowstar..I am Shadowstar." Her eyes went to the river as he spoke of fishing. Her hand flexed several times as she looked 'through' the water.

It almost surprised her, looking over to Aelius' outstretched hand. For several moments, silence hung in the air. On one hand, she wanted to tell him off and move her own way. There was no herd to return to, heading off would do her no favors.

Didn't stop her from wanting to tell him off. Only she kept that to herself. Mentally, there was no stopping her face from speaking in that tone.

Hesitating, Shadowstar made her few few hesitiant steps. That favoring her rear leg became more evident. While the steps were off, her head was held high. "The Water has had enough of my band's blood." She still didn't stop, approaching the stallion offering her help.

She had to get well to get stronger. One day the Spirits would feel her vengeance.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:48 pm
Shadowstar? That was a very peculiar name. At least, he had thought so briefly before considering that perhaps where she came from, his name was the strange one. "Shadowstar." he repeated simply, watching as she came towards him.

A small smile finally met his lips and he stretched out his hand more for her to take it. However, her last words quickly dampened the smile and he peered at her, confused. "Your band?" he blinked, not confused by her meaning, but by the lack of a band.

He hated to assume so, but he was beginning to think she may be the only one left of said band, judging by her current state of being. "I don't want to pry, I can tell you probably aren't ready to talk about things. But my hut isn't too far away. It's not grand but if you need to rest, I have food, blankets and bandages." he offered, hoping she'd at least accept rest, even if for a few hours.

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:09 pm
She gave a sharp nod at the repeating her name. After..what happened, it was nice to hear her name again. His voice wasn't a familiar one but she'd take it all the same.

Without pausing the agonizing journey, she took his hand and looked him right in the eyes. "My band. They are..gone now." Admitting that proved far more painful than her injuries. However, there was no looking away, no flinching and no shying away. The event occurred. Those she loved most were gone from her reach.

One day her heart might just believe that.

The corners of her lips twitched along her with her tail. The ordeal as stealing away her senses. "Thanks for the help." During down the offer to assistance would be a true fool notion. Hopefully that hut is closer than farther. Each step proved taxing.

Fae line

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:27 am
He hadn't expected her to be so forthright with the answer to his question, but it had ben said and out in the open.

Her band was gone. For whatever reason or however it happened, she seemed to be the only one left. And based off her injuries it hadn't been by choice. He wouldn't pry any more details from her, not yet. Not unless she wanted to share them.

"I'm glad you are accepting. Don't worry, it's not far." he gave a soft chuckle and a smile, feeling the meaning behind that last look. Walking was obviously hard. "Once we get there, feel free to rest wherever you find comfortable. Just ask for anything, I'll fetch it. No need to move." he reiterated as he began to slowly lead her towards his hut - at her pace of course.

Though because of her pace, what should have been a few minutes canter was about twenty minutes of walking but they finally made it. He left her only briefly to ensure there was soft bedding and fresh clean linen for her to use or cover herself in. He also prepared a glass of warmed honey water for her throat and brought a small case of bandages and natural made disinfectants.

"If you are hungry I can prepare some fish or perhaps just a few biscuits to help settle your stomach if it's upset?"

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:52 pm
She let a heavy sigh when he expressed approval that she accepted his help. She wasn't exactly spoiled for choices. Her pride weighed her hooves down as much as the injury.

Raising her eyes skyward, Shadowstar could only imagine how disappointed her beloved would be if she let her stubbornness end her before revenge. To give up to injury without a fight would be an embarrassing end . Ruefully, she considered how unsurprised her band might be that it was her stubbornness that got her.

Her expression remained grim but she finally started to walking along with her host, tail flipping wildly behind her. "I appreciate the help." The ruder thoughts remained hidden under bristled coat and hard set eyes.

Each step taxed the injured Centuar slowing her pace further. While a grunt or two made its way out, she was steadfast on not complaining.

Eyeing his hut and set up she asked, "You are a Medicinetuar? I know two who would have loved to meet you." Two souls gone from the world. No doubt they were together. That the Spirits took them in particular was unforgivable.

Shadowstar settled a moment, leaning against the wall with the weight of the trauma slouching off as she started to almost deflate. "No need to fuss over me." So says the centauress who could be knocked over with a feather. Even waving off the concern, she was actively receptive of anything given to her.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:08 am
Aelius couldn't help but chuckle. "I have no doubts you are very strong Shadowstar. Anyone with your injuries would have simply given up by now. The fact that you continue to insist you are fine speaks volumes." he said, hoping that praise would perhaps soften what he next had to say. "That being said, it's ok to ask for help. I don't think anyone would think less of you for admitting even you have a stopping point." he said as he proceeded to ignore her request of not to fuss over her and brought her some warmed honey water and a small plate with two plain buttered biscuits. "If you want it, if not, it's there anyways." he said before he turned back around to gather his small healing kit.

"A medicinetaur?" he chuckled again. "No not quite. I trade the fish I catch for other necessities at the markets. But if you are interested in the ones I know that do practice healing arts, I can introduce you when your feeling better." he added, now handing her a small bowl of clean water from one hand and from the other the small basket which had a poultice meant to help any minor cuts seal out infection and bandages to wrap them in, as well as a fresh clean cloth to clean herself up with.

EvilSilverDragon
do you think this ones close to ending?

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:28 pm
As he first spoke, her shoulders went back and her posture straightened. There was even a smile starting to form. That all slowly deflated back with his next statement. There may have been a small, petulant huff but she wouldn't admit to it.

Even with a twitching tail, Shadowstar knew better then to turn down help. She reached out and accepted the honey water. Softly, she spoke over the cup. "Thanks."

With a small shake to her head, she added, "Medicinetaur wasn't my calling, but I appreciate the skill." As the adrenaline wore off, fatigue of her ordeal settled in. Reclining, she tried to say something else before sleep pounced from where it hid and drozyness settled in.

Fea Line
Yep, its a great time to end this one.

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces