Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:59 pm
User Image

Mere moments took everything from her. More than mere moments would be required to fight back. Thanks to help offered along the way, her outer wounds healed to the point they were less noticeable. She still favored her right rear leg but other wise movement became easier.

With the slight ease, her range extended.

This day she found herself working on endurance. With a sturdy hemp rope tied around a log near ten percent her own body weight, Shadowstar pulled with her might. Each step felt like it added another ten percent. Her limp got worse as she moved.

Her own mind provided the lash to keep going. The events of that dark day, Night of Earth and Water, provided her mantra 'never again, never fail again, must get stronger'. With gritted teeth, she made another step.

Uta
training montage go! Birth of the Tank!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:22 pm
User Image

Theseus found himself trotting through unfamiliar territory, though that was little surprise, given his nomadic lifestyle. He was the sort of stallion who had yet to put down roots, and had little desire to do so. He was married to his work, and that often meant seeking out those that needed a helping hand (or sword) ... provided they had a bit of coin to spare. Sometimes he rooted out trouble on his own, while other times he stumbled upon it most haphazardly --but such was his way of life, and what a life it was. A life dedicated solely to service

Life had never been easy for Theseus, who had grown up as a small colt in a band of rugged mercenaries. For much of his life, he was pitted against others in the band, and either praised or mocked based on his success or failure. There was little love to go around, but he quickly learned that the best way for him to be comfortable and accepted was to fight hard, and most importantly, to win. He had once been a sensitive colt but time had long-since hardened him--especially when he lost his eye to his own father's sword.

But life wasn't fair, and he was reminded of that every day. Only the strong survived, and of the strong, only the truly great thrived. So it was, Theseus did whatever he could to be capable and strong. He was a fearless creature, and eager to prove his worth and mettle. He had long since broken off from the toxic mercenary band he had grown up with--instead, he moved from group-to-group, village-to-village, band-to-band, taking whatever odd jobs paid the best coin, or were of greatest interest.

It wasn't, perhaps, his dream life--but Theseus had long since given up any dream besides being a great warrior. He was nothing but a tool, meant to serve, and little else. It didn't occur to him that there could be more to living than simply survival.

So it was, Theseus found himself pausing at the sound of something, and someone, unfamiliar. Something was being pulled against the earth... and with both curiosity and caution, he found himself approaching a draft mare. At first he thought she might have caught herself on some sort of bramble or rope. Then again, as he neared, the rope looked more purposefully placed--and she didn't seem to be in any sort of panic or duress.

Whoever she was, she certainly seemed mighty strong. Her tail was of a peculiar design, but he'd seen his fair share of interesting sorts. "Need a hand?" He asked, deciding it best to not assume anything.

EvilSilverDragon

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:06 pm
One more hoof down. Deep breath. Gritting her teeth, Shadowstar began the effort of lifting her hoof again when the concentration was shocked. Letting out a yelp, she backed up right into what she was pulling. Trotting forward as far as the rope allowed, she had to take a moment to collect herself before addressing the offender.

The tip of her tail thrashed behind her as she looked at the stallion better. Irritation and aggression started to fade as she took in the look of him. He appeared to be a stallion who knew his way around a fight.

Her hand went up to her own shining necklace as she took in that detail of his own figure.

"I am training. I need to get stronger." Probably flat out telling him 'no' would have been quicker. A stallion who knew his way around a fight might have better ideas. Or he'd be on his way. Either way, the arrow was in his court.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:49 pm
Theseus hadn't expected to startle the mare so, and he pawed at the ground a bit sheepishly. Clearly, she had been purposeful in her entanglement with the log. "Ah, I see," he stated, though part of him was curious.

She certainly looked capable and strong; her size alone spoke of strength, but he could appreciate a need to continue ones work. No matter how natural one might be at the sword or shield, one had to keep their sense sharp -- and that meant training. The same with physical strength. Even his own daily routine required a commitment to move and keep himself in good shape.

"Forgive my intrusion then," he beseeched with a grin, "You look like you're winning the fight," he complimented. The log was, admittedly, quite large and sturdy.

He doubted the stranger would want to stay and chit-chat. Still, it wasn't everyday he ran upon another so focused and dedicated. What was she training for? Perhaps she was a fellow merc? Perhaps she was some warrior or guard to some local herd or village? At minimum, he might get some information about where he was, or whether there was any neighboring herds worth his while.

EvilSilverDragon

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:38 pm
Trying to get moving again was going to take time. The twinge on her hind right hock told her the time would be a little longer than expected. With a sigh, she relaxed and accepted this was a break.

Offering a smile, Shadowstar offered a wave off of any offense, "This is a new training method , I am sure it looks strange." Yes, method. That sounds like she knew what she was doing.

With a chuckle, she gave the log a small kick. "Working on it." The log did nothing to deserve this abuse. But it received the abuse all the same.

At least she was able to fully recover her breath, and fully un-recover her muscles. Not a word but mental griping didn't need proper words. If he was going to hang around then maybe she could get some information. "I am Shadowstar, by the way, well met!' Whatever he said, it probably wouldn't be a name familiar to her ears.

Another reminder how different the world was outside her band. She was smiling through pre-disappointed all the same.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:13 pm
Theseus peered curiously back at the log which she had been dragging, and though he would admit it was a curious sight to behold, now that he understood the purpose, it made much more sense. "My old band used to carry logs and branches for a challenge, but I admit we never thought of dragging them." Quite singular, really, but very creative -- and it would certainly help increase strength and stamina.

Something for him to try someday, at any rate -- should he find the right log and materials.

Now that he wasn't with his band, he was less obsessive about staying in peak shape. He, of course, wanted to be strong and capable, but his old mercenary group was absolutely obsessed with power. It cost him his eye, at any rate. Now that he was free to seek his own jobs and do what he wanted to do, he found a bit of freedom in choosing when and how he battled or exercised. "I'll have to keep this in mind in future," he commended.

As the mare introduced himself, he gave a small smile, "Well met, Shadowstar. The name's Theseus. Nice to see another strong spirit out there." She certainly had gumption, and the more he looked at her, the more he could tell she was not a mare to trifle with. Though she had no weaponry or armor that he could see, that didn't mean she wasn't fully capable.

"Pass any villages during your travels?" He asked, deciding he might as well take stock of what information she might have. Villages meant centaurs and centaurs meant jobs, and jobs meant coin... and though he wasn't a materialistic sort, armor and weaponry didn't come cheap -- especially if he ever wished to upgrade.
EvilSilverDragon

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:48 pm
Shadowstar glanced back at her log as he first started speaking. With a bit of a head tilt, she mimed curling her arms up and down. Muscle math indicated that this was not possible. Pride was working out just how she was going to give it a try.

Maybe lift one end up and flip it end on end? Right after she tried curling it.

A tail flick and small smirk followed what she took as a great compliment, "Always something to learn from other warriors." He gave her ideas and she gave him one. It was a fair trade.

Far more restraint then should be needed, she resisted flexing when he complimented her. "The same. A fateful Gathering. My band were all Warriors. Meeting different strengths has been an..adventure." She had sense enough to call the others foalhoof. Not that she expected to hear that term again.

Villages? Ah, she new that term. Foalhoof nests. "Just past where the sunrises. Huge pumpkin field just before." Probably still a few around them, a hoof print in one if it hasn't turned into crowfood already. To help, she gestured with her right hand in the general direct of east.

Uta
Foalhoof was my attempt to adapt the term kittypet. Didn't quite work. Safe to say that'll never be spoke XD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:17 pm
Theseus wasn't surprised when she admitted that her band was a group of warriors. He understood that sort of lifestyle, though he wouldn't call his band warriors so much as mercenaries and, perhaps, trouble. "A warrior's lifestyle isn't easy, but you look like you took to the part. My band was a mercenary troupe, though I'd like to think I'm more than a sell-sword these days," he mused. He had a sword, a shield, and some experience -- but coin was needed for upgrades, or at least, for potions and concoctions to tend to more severe injuries.

Just because he was strong didn't mean he hadn't seen his fair-share of harm. His missing eye was proof of that.

But Theseus wasn't just experienced with the sword. He had learned how to fight with only hoof, fist, and physical strength. One might not always have a weapon handy, or could be caught off-guard or unawares. "There are all kinds and stripes on these islands, and not all are what they seem. Been a fair bit since I saw someone competent enough to hold their own. Are your fellows here or are you alone?" She certainly seemed alone -- be it from choice or circumstance, but that didn't mean she would remain that way.

As she gestured the way she had come, he made note. Pumpkin patch, village, east of here. He'd certainly be sure to check it out, see if anyone there was in some need or his service. He was eager have some purpose that wasn't just roaming. Too many thoughts, too many memories, too many regrets -- at least when he was hunting someone down, or toiling for another, he didn't have to think.

EvilSilverDragon
Bahaha, I think it works! Reminds me of milk-drinker from Skyrim, haha. I don't know anything about Warriors so it's interesting to see how you'll adapt it to the setting. biggrin

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:11 pm
Mercenary? Sell-swords? Those words filtered through a translator to equate to rogues that join other clan's fights. Not the worse job in the world. In another life she wouldn't trust him, chase him from her clan's lands. Now, now she found herself in a distressingly similar position.

He certainly looked like he had his share of fights. The scars spoke of the cost of that experience. Learning from mistakes proved to be the most expensive scars ever earned. Not all of the visible.

Alone. Her tail swished behind her as that word settled as a heavier blanket. The log looked light in comparison. "I am. The Great Spirits of Earth and Water look my clan to the Sky Blanket." She looked up, even with the sun up, her eyes went beyond it. To the stars her clan now lived with their ancestors. Watching her. Calling for vengeance.

Her eyes went from soft, wishful, to harden with furrowed brows. "I'll get their revenge. One day." Her tears were cried out. Her screams of agony long exhausted. Now, now it was time for war.

Maybe this stranger would have ideas. She'd take any he could offer.

Uta
I loved the series, a fun take on cats and the world form their perspective.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:22 pm
Something changed in the others expression, and Theseus had his tail give a small flick in response. Her words confirmed the change, and he recognized the fellow warrioress as someone who had been hardened by their experiences-- or at least, who suffered much loss. Perhaps they weren't so different, strangers though they might be.

Of course, he could not truly imagine the pain, because he'd never been so attached to his band and had chosen to separate. While he'd experienced loss and death, and been the cause of it among others, his heart had been hardened from a young age. But he wasn't completely a cold or callous being, and he knew pain enough to know the touch of true grief, and eternal loss.

"A mighty burden to carry," he mused, words softening out of respect for the dead. It was not a physical shackle, but one that weighed down the spirit and the heart. A great battle that few could overcome.

Revenge, of course, was perhaps one way to cope--and one Theseus was perhaps most familiar. How many did he help seek out revenge? How many did he defend against another's wrath? He rarely questioned the coin given to him, but there were stories enough he'd found out, or been told. Jealousy, grief, greed -- these things all kept him a well fed sell-sword. "And who might you be seeking?" He asked, pawing at the ground curiously. Perhaps he'd bumped into a lead?

He'd only know if she wished to share. And if not... well, such was her choice. "I hope you find your peace in blood," he spoke, sincerely. It didn't bother him that she might well seek vengeance or seek an eye for an eye -- what did it matter to him? Sometimes, it was simply the price that needed to be paid--at least as far as Theseus was concerned.

EvilSilverDragon
Perhaps someday I'll check it out! I do love cats, after all. x3

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:13 pm
He wasn't offering platitudes, the respect almost caught her off guard. He pulled a grim but genuine smile. It wasn't uncommon for others to jump to 'sorries' and other empty words. For those that never experienced great loss, they can't be blamed. Even so, the discomfort and misguided attempts at sympathy never sat well.

Theseus showed his comfort around the subject by his words alone. Body language backed up the assessment. Even in a world without her band, there were those that were band even if they were bandless. There was some small comfort in that.

With an easy sway of her tail, Shadowstar restated, "I am seeking the spirits, gods or whatever else they are called. The heavens shook when the spirits ended my band. It will shake again when I go to war." Her expression never changed, not even the hint of a waiver or doubt.

"As it should be." Her words echoed along with his comment of her peace. Did the spirits bleed? She'd find out.

Battle was always a good teacher. She offered him, "If you find yourself in need of a hand or hoof, I know my way around a fight." He might prefer a well armed battle companion but hardly seemed the type to be foolish enough to dismiss her based on something as minor as arms.

Uta
Its well worth! A fun read and most the books aren't too - too long. There are even graphic novels!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:29 pm
Theseus might have been surprised by the power behind the stranger's words -- though he understood the need for vengeance. How often had he been called upon to raise sword against another in the name of revenge or honor? How often did others pay him to strike down those to settle a debt or pay for some crime or grievance? Theseus was never one to ask too many questions, but it sounded like this stranger already had every intention of following through with her task.

"I have no doubt you'll see it through," he quietly stated, giving a dip of his head in acknowledgment. He did not mock her desires, nor scoff at her intentions -- surely, if she wished to wage war, then she would do so. He would note her name though, and would be sure to remember it. Who knew what he'd hear about her in future?

Giving a brighter smiler at her words, he stomped the ground with a hoof. "I wouldn't have questioned it," he noted. "You certainly look grounded and capable, and I'll be wise to stay clear of your ire." He did not say it in jest, though his smile never faltered. She would be quite a character to contend with, especially if they were to ever go head to head. "However, should I come upon any need for fellow warriors, I'll keep you in mind." Who knew what his next job would be? Some jobs required the assistance of others, or were too great for him alone. "I'd say the same to you, of course," he added. Provided the coin was decent, he'd go anywhere a paying customer wished.

Unlike Shadowstar, Theseus had no war to wage, or vengeance to seek. He was simply a sellsword and traveler, with little else to his name.

EvilSilverDragon

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:51 pm
There was a stiff nod to his acknowledge and no small dose of pride. There was no small measure of weight behind having a seasoned warrior acknowledge her battle. Even unshakable conviction can use allies.

The earth quaked the night her clan was destroyed. The heavens can quake with her response.

He earned a chuckle with his compliment, and a flex of a bicep. "You would be very wise to avoid that." Her words were warm and with an upward trill. Flattered, she added, "Unless the Gods hire sellswords, I don't think there is any risks of crossing hooves. Other than to spar." Another time, he had too much of an unfair advantage at the moment. Not that she would admit it.

Her muscles did all the admitting for her. Silently as they needed to be.

Uta
About ready to wrap up, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:10 pm
Theseus gave a small bark of a laugh, and stomped his hoof in amusement. High ambitions, indeed. "The spirits work in mysterious ways -- maybe we'll meet again. Either crossing swords, or swapping stories. Until then -- best of luck throwing down the gods." He didn't jest -- he saw too much in his life to think that it would be impossible to go after those higher up in the great scheme of things.

She had gumption and drive, and most importantly, she had good cause. Let the gods seep in the beds they made... He could only hope she was equally prepared for the consequence.

But, whatever the case, he'd keep an eye out for when the stars began to fall.

"Best of luck to you, stranger." He dipped his head, before continuing on his way. He'd stalled her long enough from her training.

[-fin-]

EvilSilverDragon
Sounds good to me! Thanks for letting me dust him off! :3 I'm still figuring out his purpose and his voice but appreciate the encounter! Let me know if you want any more RP with any of our lot... LOL -claims more-

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas