• Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:45 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Quote:
~Welcome to The Chronicles of an Elder's journey. Herein lies tales of a higher calling leading Celendria on an unforgettable journey within her Mountain home where she was born ~

TW/CW

Please note: that this chapter has a parent's death revisited. Mainly a vision for Celendria, but still something she has to face to awaken her subconscious in who she is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:47 pm
As the darkness grew denser, Celendria could feel coldness setting in her joints; a deep set of worries settling within. Soon, the wind howled in her ears as it raced through her mane and tail. Perhaps winter had arrived early within this dense void? That left a contemplation of how long Celendria had been traveling within this nothingness. Another gust of wind chilled her entire frame as snow began falling around her like a contained snow globe. As she squinted, the light was growing more brilliant, blinding those noble eyes as they clenched shut. The wind was bitter as she pushed her way through, a silent, invisible obstacle. The more her strong muscles moved toward the frigid air; the more intense the swirling winds kept her back. Eyes seeking Amadahy, she could be found nowhere in the windy weather. Celendria's eyes reopened once to a familiar terrain; the deep fields of her Mountain home.

Finally, Ears swiveled; she looked over a painted landscape of white snow all around her. Making things more surreal to her was the height of the snow as it brushed under her underbelly. The elder blinked, plowing her strong legs through that thick snow till hooves broke free, separating her from the drift that once held fast.

"Amadahy?!" she called out, only realizing her voice was not hers. Instead, what Celendria heard was a child's voice as it echoed around her in a mocking tone. The cold, being frigid, did not blow through her silken tresses. Instead, her tail was a tiny feather that wisped through the air like a small leaf. Instinctively, her heart sank, for she was but a small filly within a dangerous winter wonderland. Within that mindset, she tried grasping her adult self-feeling it fleet away in a dream. Instead, she began feeling in those hooves, remembering who she was.

"No," she shook her head, "I thought I was..."

"Cele, you crack me up sometimes," he responded with a chuckle.

"Big Bro, you are not right sometimes," she retorted, shaking her head.

"Ha, you put up with me, Lil sis. No idea why but you do," he chuckled, sticking out his tongue.

In the distance, the two siblings heard their parents. It seemed their father was heading out again, never revealing where he was going. Their mother was so pretty standing there, a silken white-ish blue mare bidding her mate safe passage as he sent out again. She was like an angel as Celendria's eyes glistened in tears. Though she was years back, a bit taller than Amadahy, she remembered Isolda, who approached her twins as an elder approached her own.

"My little ones. You remind me so much of your father," Isolda spoke with such love in her eyes.

"Mother," Celendria breathed with exasperation as if she had vanished forever.

"Celendria. I'm here, child. Do not fear; I'm not going anywhere".

All Celendria could do was cry as she nuzzled the warmth of her mother. Her brother looked perplexed as his head circled, capturing a glimpse of Frost, their father. Quickly he was hurrying off to take care of business.

"Why does he leave so much, mama?" Celduin asked with a frown, "He never stays anymore."

"Celeduin, Celendria... My children, your father, has his ideals and always returns. Do not trouble yourself with his motives".

Celendria and her brother noticed a tear as it slid slowly off Isolda's cheek. It was the reason they both agreed not to follow Frost when he headed out again. As they followed their mother up to the cave, settled deep from the wind's tendrils, Celendria closed her eyes next to her mother, feeling her warmth as she dozed off.

WC: 632  

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:47 pm
But Frost hadn't returned till later the next night, covered in scratches. He assured Isolda he was fine; just Briara that snagged him along the way. Placing sweet grasses and berries on the ground, he watched his family eat. Even the smallest, Avalon, was enjoying his gifts. He always assured his family he'd find unique things for them. Then he bided his family farewell and moved off on a completely different path. Once again, Isolda settled in for the evening with her children. As the darkness set in, Celendria opened her eyes; Celenduin wasn't found anywhere. Immediately, her shining hooves carried her out of safety into the wilderness, all alone. It took only a short while before she saw his tracks in the Moonlight. Eyes keeping a vigil, Celendria followed her brother's hoofprints down through the small forest till it exited out into her favorite field, where they all played. Sniffing the wintery air, she found him hiding behind a giant downed tree. In the Moonlight was their Father Frost; he thought he wasn't alone. Celendria gasped as he was speaking with a Feline Walker. Linking a few tears, Celendria saw the Walker scratch his neck with her claws.

"You are mine, Frost. Why do you return to that family? I can kill them, you know. Wipe your mind for happiness that makes you return. You are foolish, Frost," she hissed, scratching Frost deeper as she leaned in, whispering in his ear.

"You are my only love, Lycoia. Yes, they are my children, Isolda, my mate. But, but you are my only love. I would kill for you if you asked of me".

She hissed, lashing her tail, "Kill them then. They are over behind that downed tree. Kill your brood and prove your loyalty to me".

Frost swallowed heavily, "Lycoia, you know I love only you. They mean nothing to me, especially Isolda. She is just a broodmare".

Celendria's eyes widened in fear; her brother bolted around the log to face his father. Tears were in his eyes as he stared down at his father as bravely as he could be, "Take it back, dad. Take it back. You love mom! You love us"!

"Oh, this is so entertaining, Frost. What will you do! Will you kill your brood for me? Or stand there and lie like you always have". Lycoia laughed, her eyes glistening toward Celenduin. "If you don't kill him, perhaps I will. You see, Foolish stallion. You are just that".

"Father, why? Why would you do this?" Why would you hurt mama with a walker?!" Celenduin was yelling now, trying to remain brave. He feared for his sisters, Mother, and everyone dear to him. His father was a cheater etched in stone. Then without warning, Celenduin charged at his father, Lycoia, whoever was closest. At the last second, he stopped short as glistening blue-tinted ice slammed into Lycoia, pushing her back from Frost.

"Why Frost, why?" Isolda faced him with tears in her eyes, "I trusted you. They trusted you!"

"Isolda... I" was all that escaped his muzzle before he screamed, "No!"

Isolda's back had been toward Lycoia, facing her mate. Without warning, Teeth sunk into her neck as blood sprayed the ground. Scattered bits of flesh had also escaped as if they followed the surge of exposed blood poured from the wound. She gasped, her hooves unable to carry her weight, sending the fleeting mare downward as her body twitched in the frozen, disturbed snow. Coughing, she cried out to Celenduin, "Run, son. Runaway and never look back.."

Celenduin started at Frost, who was at a loss for words. As her life force melted into the snow, Frost backed away in fear, perhaps disgust. He couldn't speak; instead, he ran away, leaving his children to watch their Mother succumb to death. Finally, Celenduin turned to run, leaving this place buried in a nightmare. As he tried to forget what happened, his sister Celendria stepped out calmly from the log, eyes streaming in fluid tears; she smelled the heated blood soaking inward toward the frozen ground. Swallowing heavily, she walked out toward Lycoia, her eyes never leaving Walker's gaze.

"Well, Well. I see you are the smartest in the family, Lil one. Let me rip out your throat as I have your Mother's. It can be a mother, daughter moment," the walker sneered, flexing her claws.

"No," Celendria shook her head, staring down her Mother's killer.

"No?" the walker laughed, "Aren't you the cute one? Look how your Mother's blood is so red. I do wonder if yours is as well, little filly."

"No," Celendria replied again, not moving.

"Are you playing with me, child? I will tear your throat like hers. Rip your flesh beneath my claws".

Celendria shook her head again, "No. you won't. Because I understand now".

Lycoia grew confused, "You are making no sense, you silly filly. Are you mocking me?" Now Lycoia kissed her eyes, narrowing.

"No," Celendria responded, "You won't hurt me because you are not real."

Lycoia scoffed, "Not real? Surely your death wish is as deep as that wound your Mother has. Go on; I'll let you talk to her before I kill you."

Celendria shook her head, "I remember mother. I remember everything all of us except Celenduin forgot. I can not change fate. But I can reroute our destiny".

Lycoia was trembling, not with bloodlust but with fear. She backed away, hissing, tail lashing.

Celendria took a deep breath, remembering that which she locked away. As her hooves powered through the snow, she found new-found courage as she charged the walker. It didn't matter how tall or sturdy she was. The small iced filly knew there was always bravery as she slammed into the walker, pushing her back. Turning about, she flailed her hooves, kicking outward, pushing the walker back further and further, "I will protect my herd any way I need to. I will not fear the unknown nor cower from what I can not control. I am an elder by choice. You are nothing but a bad dream!"

Lycoia hissed, scrambling away from Celendria's eyes widened in fear. Forgetting her meal, she moved like lightning, afraid of a filly who had bested her.

Celendria breathed as she made her way to her Mother's slowly dying body. A single tear slid downward as it pinged off her Mother's cheek, "Farewell, Mother. I will always cherish the time I had with you".

Then everything went black as only the sounds of a mare's hooves could be heard echoing in the darkness, revealing a light before her. Something brushed against her legs, leaving her in relief, "Amadahy," she spoke with kindness.

Her companion whimpered in response as she moved ahead to investigate the light. Amadahy saw something in the distance, whimpering, causing Celendria to follow. As the iced elder looked upward, she noticed right away the familiar rock formation as it loomed above them.

Soquili Rock.

"We made it," Celendria breathed with a smile.

"Indeed you have," responded a voice being quite familiar.

"Lady Arendelle," Celendria breathed, "I remember now."

Lady Arendelle smiled, "I'm glad. Come, the Mountain still awaits".

Celendria sighed with a nod, "Thank you, she breathed."

Lady Arendelle then leads Celendria and Amadahy deeper into the Mountain. It was unknown what lay waiting, but, Celendria, who had repressed her memories all those years, was ready once again to face those buried fears. Each time she stepped into yet another dream, she found herself. Soon she'd be whole once more.

WC: 1255  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff