Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[Event SRP] Ten'i Shinbi's Fear ( Ten'i Shinbi )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:50 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:23 pm
Ten'i Shinbi was scared about the snakes that were out and about for their last chances for food before the winter takes over the lands. Snakes have always creeped out Ten'i. She wasn't sure why but they did. The fear of them was getting bad the more she saw them. Something about seeing one eat when she was younger. A family member then telling her that snakes could grow so large that they could even eat the great giant Mers of the oceans. This didn't make things better for her at all. Growing up this fear would take over her to the point that seeing a snake would freeze her in place out of fear. But she is an adult now and her kids are adults as well. So she now wants to over come this fear. Snakes leave her alone for the most part. So what was there to fear? Maybe this is just all in her head. Now to take the steps to get over this fear. Ten'i had a plan in order to get over this. Part one of this plan is to go out and find a snake. After that to watch them. Study them and maybe get closer to them. Her goal was to touch one and get over the fear. She will watch one eat if she can and learn more about them in order to become fearless of them.

Thinking about how to do this Ten'i looks about on her morning walk. Keeping a look out on the ground to see if a snake was close. She shivered at this whole idea but she knows that if she does nothing then this fear will get worse and will control her. That isn't something that she wants to happen to her. So with a deep breath she continues on her walk. Her eyes scanning the area for a snake. Maybe she can talk to it and tell it her plan. Maybe there is a snake out there somewhere that would listen to her and help her with her plan. But she wasn't sure if there are snakes out there that would even listen to her. With a sigh she knows that one will never know if they do not try. So that is what she will do. Try and try again. Now first is so far a bit harder then she thought. Just where are they? Was it too close to winter? It shouldn't be. She heard her lover talking about seeing a few out and about. Her kids also been talking about seeing snakes as well... So why was she having no luck finding one? Sighing more as she stops and then goes off the trail. Maybe that was the problem. Maybe staying on the trail was the reason she could not find one. So off trail was something she was going to do now. This is not something she is normally comfy with. After all she was a stay to the trails and clearings kind of mare.

After walking about for about an hour off the trials she finally found a snake. Tilting her head a bit as she watches from afar for now. It was a pretty colored snake. About ready to get closer she sees the snake strike out and catch a rat. Shocked as she softly steps back but never looking away. Not frozen this time. Maybe that was because of how pretty this one snake was. The beauty of the colors and markings made it so she wasn't thinking about her fear at all. The only thoughts on her mind where how pretty this snake looked. Watching it eat brought her back to her mission as she blinks a few times. Staying where she is but not out of fear this time. She just did not want to bother the snake while it was eating. Ten'i knows that if a snake is bothered when eating that it will vomit and that can cause harm to the point that they can not eat again until their insides are healed which can be up to a month and that is shocking. How can something go without eating for so long. Maybe for winter because she knows bears and other animals can do that but snakes can do that without eating for up to a year and being ok. She could not wrap her head around that and did not want to bother this snake while it ate.

So Ten'i stays silent as she continues to watch the snake. Maybe once it is done eating then she can step closer and try to talk to it. But who knew that snakes could be so pretty. Such markings and colors. She is in awe of it. Fear is not taking over her this time. Is it because she went out to find the snake and that this is all of her own design. Maybe that is the true first step in over coming a fear. Now maybe she can take the rest of the steps with more ease. That is only something that she can hope for right now. With a soft deep breath and release she can only wait right now. So that is what she will do. Wait. Just to wait. Once she believes that the snake has had enough time to eat and the food to settle then she would go up to the snake and softly speak to it. She shivers a bit as fear still has her but not as it use to before seeing this pretty snake. All the rest she has ever seen where colored in ways that they looked evil. But not this one. It didn't so scary. It looked like a critter just trying to live it's life. Nothing more and nothing less.

Still watching the snake as she waits there for what feels like forever but was only a few hours. The snake started to move so she slowly and softly steps closer to the snake and starts to speak. "Hmm can I ask you something?" She wonders as the snake looks at back at her. It nods yes as Ten'i then smiles but a little scared. "Can you help me get over my fear of your kind? I find you very pretty looking and do not want to fear snakes. I would like to just get to know you better and maybe enjoy your company." Watching the snake tilt it's head as it listened. It seems to smile and nod to her. They then had a chat about Ten'i Shinbi's plans and steps to over come her fear. The snake points out that some steps are silly and that Ten'i has already made great progress in her mission and some of those steps in her plan would have her going backwards. The snake also let her know that some snakes should be feared and for good reasons.

It is only a matter of which ones. The snake let her know which kinds of signs to look for in order to tell if a snake was venomous that could do her harm. And then the non-venomous ones like what this snake was. Ten'i sat and listened to what the snake had to say and it was something to learn. She liked learning so the fear was fading. Who knew that the power of learning and taking the time to understand something could take the fear and ease it away. This was nice. Listening and learning from this snake was calming and it was nice to know that she should worry and keep an eye out on some snakes because they can do harm to her. So her fear was never baseless. That made her feel better. Most of her fear is gone and replaced with knowledge and knowing that even if it isn't fear, that she should still leave her guard up around some types of snakes. For now Ten'i Shinbi was having more fun learning and getting to know this snake then she ever thought would happen.

They stayed there just chatting the rest of the day away. Once both noticed that it was about to get dark they wrapped up their chat and Ten'i Shinbi made sure that the snake got to it's home safe and sound before she bowed and headed to her home as well. It was a nice day of learning and it over come her fear to a point. Now she needs to keep up with that and she doesn't feel fear when she thinks about snakes anymore. But she knows that she needs to keep her guard up around those that can hurt her and those that she loves. But she can't wait to meet up with her new snake friend and learn even more within the next few days. They had made plans to meet within a few days. This will give the snake time to digest it's food. Then they will meet in the same area and chat more about all the things that Ten'i Shinbi wishes to know.

The next few days past and the two meet up again. They chat more and more. Ten'i isn't fearful anymore. But now she has the power of knowledge and that over writes her fear.

FIN

WC :: 1,550  

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items