Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:35 pm
User Image

User Image

Private, solo rp involving Josiah and Orella.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:36 pm
A silent and gentle giant, Josiah was used to spending his days alone. He yearned for company but was fearful of seeking others. He lived in a series of caves with the only company being the dear chicken he had found all alone, malnourished and weak. Josiah had nursed the chicken back to health and she decided to stay with him. Orella tried many times to persuade him to go near others rather than observing all the time and staying hidden under the safety of trees, behind bushes or lurking behind great boulders that shielded his bulky size. Orella was a dear friend and she meant well but, Josiah found it difficult to follow her advice.

Josiah, after all knew he was frightening to behold. Those he had encountered previously had told him so. Josiah didn't see it at first but he supposed they must be right, for why would their eyes widen so, or their mouths drop open in surprise before their expressions shifted to ones of fear or apprehension. Some would back away slowly before rushing or flying away. A few might stay for a moment, gasping before they vanished before Josiah's eyes. The ones that were braver, those were the ones that would spew words such as "freak" or "monster" at Josiah.

Orella was the only one who stayed by his side.

Josiah walked slowly along the side of a mountain, his sturdy hooves used to the terrain despite his limp. The pathway leading to his caves was well-used for he often walked it. He would pause here and there, thoughtfully peering over the ledge, down to the trees that covered the surrounding land. Sometimes his bright blue eyes would peer up at the sky, his ears perked up to the sounds of the twittering and chirping birds. He was so used to listening and watching that Josiah was rather good with identifying the different birds to the sounds they made. The trees they lived in were changing in colour - their green shades were quickly turning to vibrant reds, golden yellows, and rich oranges.

Autumn - he admired the colours but Josiah also was saddened by it for many birds started to fly away around this time, migrating to warmer areas. Soon, winter would be upon them, and Josiah would be forced to stay in his caves for many weeks it would grow too cold for him to venture out, to his immense disappointment. He and Orella had already started gathering food, mostly at night when the rest of the land slept, for they needed to be prepared.

Josiah passed through a rippling stream, the water cool against his legs. He glanced down at his reflection, seeing his black sclera, jagged smile, and golden body. His body was golden for the most part, except for the one darkened leg. When he was a foal his front right leg had gotten infected or perhaps it was poison, his mom didn't fully specify. However, she did require the presence of a healer, a traveling herbalist that sold her herbs that she had later administered to her only son. Josiah had recovered but his leg didn't fully recover, developing a limp. Although his appearance was odd, Josiah didn't think much of it but he supposed he looked frightening as he didn't exactly look like the others he encountered from before. Perhaps that was why his mom and he lived alone or why the herbalist didn't come into their dwellings. Josiah sighed, leaving the stream and drawing ever close to the caves he called home.

"Josiah! Josiah!" a ringing voice called out to him.

Josiah paused. He waited.

The white and golden chicken with the blue beads weaved carefully into her feathers approached him quickly. Josiah leaned down, taking care to not stumble. Orella nuzzled his muzzle sweetly with her beak. The chicken appeared to him a little nervous as her wings trembled. He looked away from her, muscles taut. But, nothing seemed amiss. He calmed himself by counting down from 10.

"Orella, you came from the forest?" Josiah inquired, his blue eyes carefully searching her face.

Orella nodded, her wings continued to tremble. Out of fear or was it excitement? "I......I need your help Josiah." She stumbled at first over her words which only heightened Josiah's worry.  

Rita Zyon

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:24 pm
Josiah gulped but regardless, asked, "what is it, Orella?"

"I was searching for food, gathering it just like I told you I would this morning. Well, there was this squirrel and I thought it wanted some food so I nudged some nuts his way to be polite. It wouldn't be good to let a squirrel go hungry." Josiah nodded in response to her words, Orella was a kind soul and it was just like her to share her goods with others. Josiah was ever grateful for having her in his life. Orella paused for a breather before continuing, "But I was wrong. The squirrel, be begged for my help. His friend is hurt, he left her side in search of someone to help her. I went with him, and his friend....well she's not a squirrel. She's a horse, like you." Orella nudged his leg, waiting for his response.

Josiah shook his head, no he couldn't help her. He thought of the others and shivered. It was too nerve-racking to go down there, particularly in daylight and encounter another horse again, after so many years of avoiding them. Observing them was one thing but having to talk to one again? No, he could not. He looked away from Orella, his heart thumped guiltily as he looked towards his caves. He started to head that way again but Orella squawked indignantly and scurried in front of him. "Josiah, please. There's wolves in those woods and bears! We must help her and her dear squirrel friend. Stay with them and protect them until she feels better and can set again." Orella pleaded with him.

Josiah couldn't say anything, his throat felt as if there was an apple lodged inside of it. Josiah tried to walk around her but back and forth Orella met him again and again. Josiah backed up, fearful of stepping on her. Orella tapped her beak in warning at his lower legs and Josiah paused, looking down at her as she looked up angrily at him. "Josiah, I am not going to back down. Not this time." Orella sternly said. Her expression froze when she noticed that he was breathing out with harsh sounds. "Josiah.....I......I'm sorry." Orella apologized. She had pushed him too far, but she knew the mare would die if left alone with only her familiar for protection.

"Josiah, I'm sorry for my harsh words. I shouldn't have pushed you so but, I worry about you too. I worry that one day I might not be here and you'll be alone. I just want you to have others in your life." Orella explained, speaking soothingly. Although she was hurt by her mother's abandonment which led to her finding Josiah, his hurt was of a different kind. "She wasn't conscious when I was there but her squirrel friend spoke fondly of her."

"Orella, I can't." He choked out, at last.

Orella looked up at him with sad, blue eyes. She nodded slowly. "I....I understand." She walked past him, Josiah couldn't even turn his head to look at her. He continued onwards and into his caves. Time passed and Josiah paced relentlessly. He wasn't sure how
much time had passed, so lost in thought he was. His mind racing, images appeared at once within his head - growling wolves, a grumbling bear and even Orella herself, shivering against a squirrel and this unknown mare as they clung to any warmth they could. "I can't, I can't." He mumbled as he continued to pace. She would be like the others, he was sure of it.

But, he couldn't lose Orella. She was his friend, she was his family for his mom had passed on long ago. He couldn't bear it if she died. Josiah knew he needed to find her. Josiah could do this, he could. He and Orella did leave after all, to find food and though they always went when no one else was around, he supposed he could pretend this journey he was about to embark on was just like one of those trips. However, this time he walked alone. Josiah walked down towards the forest, apprehension clear in the way he walked and held himself. He chanted to himself, saying words of encouragement under his breath as he searched for any signs of Orella, this squirrel and this mare.

He passed deeper into the forest until he started to hear a familiar voice. Orella! His body jolted and he trotted towards the sound, momentarily forgetting his fear. He passed an oak tree and stopped, as he came upon Orella, the squirrel, and the mare. The squirrel was unique in colouring, no squirrel around here looked like this one. The squirrel was curled up on the shoulder of a white mare, her body coated with golden swirls. Her hair pooled around her, her body prone on the ground. Josiah approached warily. The squirrel noticed him at first, perking up. Orella noticed and turned her head, her eyes widened. "Josiah. You came." Her voice was soft.

"Yes." He murmured in response. He would help this mare, though frightened still he would do it, for Orella.

This rp is complete.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff