Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[[PRP] Tales in Darkness (Tullikettu & Big Mama)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:48 pm
This RP is for Kesmi and Rein_Carnation. Please do not post unless you have permission. Thanks

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:24 am
As a creature made its way up the mountain, its eyes firmly on the sky. It seemed as if the mon were a shifter as she slid towards her prey. Tail swaying back and forth, the creature could not remove his gaze from the sky. His blackened fur seemed to shine as the moon covered the sun creating an eerie silence across the land. It was a strange somber silence till a single hoot of an owl echoed through the ominous night. He moved stealthily cautiously as eyes still lingered transfixed upon this unnatural display. Moving toward a fast-running stream, he noticed that the water hadn't ceased in the slightest bit. Realizing things were untouched by the ominous event, he drank from the effervescent brook. Ears swiveled as a breeze echoed through this stillness. Taking only a moment, it peered into the water, noting the gaze upon them. There, looking back, was a rather large Fox brushed in bits of starlight under this strange occurrence. As many times as he had peered upon his reflection, this fox had never seen his fur glow like it was. Swishing his long furry tail, the Reynard admired himself for gaining more ideas of trickery for the natives.

He hadn't carried a name growing up; instead, he earned his namesake from the visitors from far-off lands. Still two-leggers but perpetually the same creatures as those that lived in this land. He was given the name Tullikettu "the Foxfire," because of his dusted fur in an enchanting display. He rather fancied that namesake calling himself just that. So, when he met another, his name was always Tullikettu. With this strange omen tonight, his fur glowed like fire which Tullikettu used to play tricks on the natives and other creatures. He is a mischievous fix, thrilled in the unexpected. Sensitive hearing picked up upon an owl calling out in the distance. It still seemed unphased by the resuming darkness. Finishing his drink, Tullikettu moved onward up the mountain as if seeking a solution to reaching the darkness. Perhaps if he could fly, he'd use his fur to paint the sky in hues that would amaze anyone within the range of his splendor. He chuckled to himself as limber paws carried him over the placement of slippery rocks. Kicking up his heels, he moved deeper into the forest on the way to the outlook which extended from the mountain. There he'd see about this surreal occurrence and why it happened. Swaying his rather bushy tail, he chuckled, "What if I could put fire in the skies?"

While Tullikettu was a shifter, he found his fox form was more uncomplicated and tolerable to accept. He also found the joy of mousing in this form with little concern from others. He was just a fox enjoying a snack, after all. Climbing even higher, he leaped upon the last rock till sturdy paws were firm upon the ledge. Now he moved toward the edge as Tullikettu's long tail curled around him. Head tilted upward; he watched the strange ring around the darkened circle.

WC: 513

Kesmi

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:45 pm
Star speckled paws stepped carefully through the brush and undergrowth. Pale colored eyes glanced upwards towards the moon as it slipped into darkness. Raising her head up a bit, Big Mama's bear ears twitched as the trees around her started to quiet. Shaking her head, her wings flicking slightly as the feathers fluff out. "This all reminds me of a tale my mother told me... So many years ago." She says openly, not really to any, but to just the air and whatever creatures were perhaps near by.

Higher she went towards the snow crested peak of the mountain. There she would get a better look at what what going on. Stopping a moment, Big Mama listened to the air around her, there was someone else here? Perhaps this effected others? Turning her bear shaped head from side to side, she caught a glimpse of someone else in the darkness given off by the hidden moon. This one seemed to have a fox like body, her own wings flicked as she settled back on her haunches. "Interesting evening we are having. Has the faceless moon draw you too to this mountain peak to get a closer look?" Big Mama asked this Fox creature, not quite realizing they too were a shifter.

"My mother did have a tale for times like this, always said that this was the time our kind first came to these lands." There was amused look on her features, almost like she were lost in thought of times gone by. Times when things weren't so kind...

[[ WC: 256 ]]

Rein_Carnation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:19 pm
Tullikettu, enamored by the strangeness, blinked out of his illusion as a winged bear joined him on the ledge, and his place he knew without a doubt would bring him face-to-face with the Sun and Mother m on. For a few moments, he soaked in the luminosity of the darkened sun while only a sliver of the moon remained. For that moment, though, it seemed this occurrence was moving slowly. Was it perhaps reversing that ominous phase? Indeed, his eyes were not playing tricks on him to the point of this Bear's are al. Perhaps; something was missing; his mind queried as he lost his gaze upon the silhouetted creations in the sky. He felt enlightened, letting his tail sway back and forth; another walker had come to join him here at this very spot. It took perhaps a few more thoughts laced with breath he couldn't see like the winter months.

Ears were perking toward her words; the fox shifter finally turned to gaze upon her. Her coat like glowing like the night sky,[ "Stories?" he queried, eyes seeking perhaps something of prevalence with her words. "As a pup, I've heard many stories—those of kindness, betrayal, and those of a mind's beginning. I have heard stories of the first fox that shifted to fire and painted the skies in colors that radiated into the native's memoir. A tail such as this". Shaking his long bushy tail, the shifter believed he could someday turn into fire and paint the skies. "Do you hear it? There is nothing yet a hoot from an owl. A strange yet mesmerizing feeling in this faceless time".

Sitting there pondering, he spoke again, "Have you heard the legend of Tullike too? I took that namesake because, as a pup, I had no family. I was ousted from the den and reared myself. In my travels, though, I heard of a great Fox God that could paint the skies using his til. " he motioned toward his tail, "We are magical. Our tails are long with stardust from the have ns. If these tails brush against the right rock, we can turn into the fire, painting the sky". Standing proudly, he showed off his tail to the other shifter. Walking over to the wall holding the outlook, Tullikettu brushed his seat as it began to sparkle in the slowly reemerging light. "Once our tails are alight with flame, we can traverse the heavens and paint the skies. This, of course, is not the right type of rock, but you get the idea. I know deep down my ancestor was the great foxfire in the sky." He turned to look out over the mountain's foliage. Then he turned to face the She-Bear, "Enough of my stories, though. What about yours?" he queried, seating himself next to her with perking ears. If there was anything this fox shifter loved, it was a mesmerizing story. This ominous occurrence seemed like a stage for telling stories between two shifters. (WC: 499)

Kesmi

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:32 pm
"I have heard snip-its of the tale of the firefox and their artistic tails." She commented as she settled her bulk to the ground and glanced upwards once more. Her wings unfolding slightly at her sides and across the ground. "I am from the far north where the sun hides its face when the weather turns its coldest."

Settling her paws one over another Big Mama turned her head slightly, half tilted towards the fox as he mentioned that there was not a sound but the hoot of a lone owl. It was surely quiet and the animals around were mostly hid up in their homes and burrows. "Nature does not like it when the moon hides behind our shadow." An almost dream like expression slipped over Big Mama's face as her mind went back to the time when she was a cub.

"My mother always told me a tale. One that puts our ancestors in a darker light. It was a long time ago the moon hid her face from the world beneath." She paused a moment. "Gates from another world opened unleashing horrors unto the plain. Most were looking for new hunting grounds, homes for their families and much more. Once the moon started to move once again and the shadow slipped away. The gates closed and were sealed." Big Mama's bear head tipped to the other side as it did seem that the shadow started to perhaps slip away.

"If Ma's tale was more then just a story. Somewhere out there a gate or two had opened unleashing creatures from another realm of existence." Her attention turned to Tullike "Perhaps even your tale is also stemmed from mine. It is at times hard to tell as things get muddled and meshed together over the seasons." She shook her head before pulling herself back to her paws and shaking all over to get the dead leaves off her fur. "Also name's Big Mama." She said with a small bear grin played across her muzzle.

[[WC: 336 ]]
Rein_Carnation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:47 pm
Tullikettu settled in for her story since she seemed the sort to share such a gem. The darkness seemed to change slowly, if only by a few integrated seconds. Still, the curious Shifter wanted to hear her tale, as most Shifters had some interesting ones that weren't trying to rip your throat out. "I'm all ears," Tullikettu mused, his large vulpine ears swiveling toward her as the air remained silent, dormant during this phenomenon. She had heard the Fofire's tale, which made him giddy with respect and an underlying joy. Most feared the shifters who had not been visited by a higher calling to quell the bloodlust. He was charmed very young, so no bloodlust filled his mind. Instead, the diligent fox played tricks on others rather than tearing out their spines or helpless lifeblood. No, he was different, wanting not to feel the call of the bloodlust like most of his kind. This winged she-bear seemed to have the same presence as he. Perhaps after this meeting, they would seek one another out for more stories.

As her tale spun, Tullikettu let himself submersed as a great owl's hoot echoed from the grand mountain they settled within. Tail swishing like a giant feather duster, he allowed himself to travel within the story, feeling the ominous presence of the darkened moon that housed creatures of darkening natures. He shuddered to think that the strange pull of evil lies beyond their reality. The Tullikettu and the overtaken moon had a connection driven deep into both creatures' lore.

As she finished her tale, he spoke, "Well then, Big Mama. If our stories coincide with one another, It seems that gate is closing. Look, the moon and sun are escaping the darkness, its luster returning". Tullikettu started pondering, hoping evil wouldn't overtake the land. Kalona and Shifters were a considerable problem as so as it was to deal with sometimes. As the darkness let the light breathe, he stretched, ]"I've enjoyed this time with you," he spoke, clearing his throat a little. It seemed the moon was again growing more substantially away from the sun. He also noted that the forest was coming alive as a creature hurried past him. While he was growing hungry, the large black fox moved to his feet. ]"I thank you for this tale you have woven, Mama Bear, but I must return to my den. Perhaps sometime again, we can exchange stories, Yes?" He smiled genuinely toward her, then bolted off into the resuming light that was filtering around him. (WC: 423)

Kesmi

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:46 am
Big Mama glanced back towards the moon and sun that started to move once more. The edges that were so thing began to widen on one side, as she looked there was almost a red tinge of a glow to her eyes. Shaking her head, clearing the past from her mind she glanced back to the fox. It seemed that he was already on the move to head back to his own dealings. "I thank you for yours, maybe our paths will cross again in the future." She commented bowing her head ever so slightly. Big Mama herself had settled once more to her spot and looked skywards. It seemed that she was content on remaining there for the rest of the night.

[[ wc: 123 ]]  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff