Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Day of Darkness (Casimir & Lantana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:10 pm
This is a private role-play between Prince Casimir (Calixita) and Lantana (SSBrosB).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:16 pm
Quote:
For as long as you or your ancestors can remember there has never been a day like this one. Something is sliding ominously across the sun in what should be full daylight. But as the hours pass, the darkness and the horror it brings grows. What’s wrong? Is this some prophecy coming to pass? Is this an omen? Did you or your herd know this was coming or were you caught completely unaware?

Eventually, something blocks out the sun entirely and all the sounds of the little creatures who live on this planet ominously stop. It’s as if the world is collectively holding it’s breath. Will the sun come out again? What are you thinking? Are you afraid?

Tell us what happens during the hours of the first full solar eclipse in memory.

While most others might have been scared of the darkness that was occurring, Lantana couldn't help but watch in amazement and what was all going on. It was the middle of the day, yet there was darkness! And everything was silent! It was as though everyone had paused their breaths waiting for the sun to come out again! Except she was still breathing. So she knew that nothing bad had to have happened yet. Though nothing like this had ever happened before either.

She looked around at the land, observing the landscape from the rock the rock that was sticking out that she decided to climb to get a little more height. Was everyone just going to act like they should stay still forever? She was a bit confused. Just because it was dark didn't mean things had to stop! She was so lost in her musings that she didn't even realize that there was another nearby...

Calixita

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

While he hasn't been alive to see one himself, Casimir's family had their own legends about a day when the sun was swallowed by darkness. Like most of his family's myths, it was about power and strength leading them to glory, and not much else. Casimir wasn't sure he believed an event like that was even possible, let alone grant his family unimaginable strength in order to succeed in their conquests. As much as he'd tried to run from his past, it certainly has a way of continuing to follow him wherever he went. Today was no exception. The sky was dark -- unnaturally dark, and much earlier than it should be. Thinking at first it could simply be a storm, Casimir looked up to the sky to search for dark clouds. He was confused for only a brief moment when all he could see where typical white, fluffy clouds -- and then he noticed the sun. Or lack thereof. A dark shape was sitting in its place, light bleeding out from the edges as if attempting to escape. His heart sank, and he felt a lump in his throat. Casimir had the sudden urge to hide. It couldn't be true, could it?

He backed up one step, then another, but when Casimir turned away from the blackened sun he realized he wasn't alone. A small winged minicorn stood atop a rock not far from him, and... she didn't seem to be afraid. Did she know something he didn't? Of course she would. The world didn't revolve around his family. That, at the very least, had to be true. "Excuse me?" he called out, keeping his voice soft. He was a little afraid to break the silence that surrounded them. Maybe everything was being quiet for a reason. He carefully made his way over to the mare and her perch, offering a nervous smile. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but do you... I mean..." Casimir glanced back at the sun again. "What's happening..?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:42 pm
Lantana couldn't help but jump and flutter her wings in surprise at the voice and she turned around to see the one who had addressed her. She let out a sigh of relief when they didn't appear to be mean or evil looking! "Wow! That was a surprise! Didn't even notice you there!" She said with a smile and looking back at what used to be the sun.

She made a sort of thinking face. "Hmm... I think something is blocking the sun. Don't think it should be too long. But it does seem a bit slow." She said, twisting her head and trying to get another look at it. She moved her head back into the right position and turned around to speak to her new acquaintance. "I don't think it's anything bad. It is a bit scary. I mean, blocking out the sun is pretty crazy right? And everything is so quiet now! Probably because they think it's night time. I kind of like it. Makes me wonder what's going to happen next!" She said with a little jump for emphasis. "I'm Lantana by the way. What about you? Haven't seen you around here before!"  

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:40 pm

Quiet because the world thought it was night time -- that would make sense. He could agree with the scary part, though it made him feel cowardly that someone so small could be so much braver than him when the sun was missing from the sky. That wasn't a very kind thought either, though, and he felt guilty for thinking such a rude thing about his new acquaintance. "Ah, my name is Casimir. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss. I apologize for startling you! I can't help but worry that something bad will happen... or maybe that nothing will change at all; what if the sun doesn't come back out again?" he wondered aloud. "Or... maybe the sun and moon have switched places?" That would be strange, but... not so bad, would it? All he'd have to do was change his sleeping schedule. He could handle that. Just being near someone who felt more comfortable during this helped, though. At least he wasn't alone to stew in his thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:30 pm
While she had figured that he probably hadn't meant to startle her, she was appreciative of the apology anyway. She nodded. "Thank you! I just wasn't expecting to be talked to! Though I don't mind the company!" She said with a smile. She looked around at the landscape again. "That is a possibility." She said in response to his wondering if the sun would come back out again. That would be bad, but what would the world be without the sun? Would they only be able to live by moonlight?

She was surprised at his second suggestion though. "Ooh! Now that would be interesting! The sun and moon switching places? I wonder how that would work out!" She fluttered her wings in excitement. She couldn't help but let out a giggle. "That would be nice anyway if something were to change. But I'll bet we'll see the sun again!" She said, giving him a nod with conviction behind it. "It may be different and something we've never experienced before," She assumed he hadn't at least, "but I think it will work out in the end! And besides! I made a new acquaintance out of it at least!" She said hopping down next to him. "Why don't we go around and explore a bit while it's still dark out?"  

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:21 am

It was difficult to hold back a smile in the face of Lantana's excitement. Her optimistic attitude was a bit infectious. Maybe it would work out. Casimir was often pessimistic, with good reason -- things didn't usually work out for him. But these days, his luck was changing more and more. He was meeting kind soquili instead of shifters, walking away with a full heart instead of new scars. "That is true," he agreed. "I'm glad to have met someone new, too. It would be lovely to explore. Perhaps there are other things that have changed we haven't seen yet. I've heard stories about a day when the sun would be gone from the sky, but nothing about what would happen after. None of them were good stories... but I think, maybe, none of them were true."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:49 pm
"All right! Yay for getting an exploration buddy!" She said, a bit too loudly and startling some of the insects that had been hidden in the grass around them. "Oops. Sorry, got a little loud there. I'm just so excited! And also you are a lot taller than me so you'll have an easier time seeing what's above me." She said with a giggle.

She nodded her head again. "Yeah, I mean if the sun was gone and didn't come back, how would we know about that day in the first place? I think it will all be fine. And it's nice to have a break from the sun during the day. Makes things more interesting." She said fluttering her wings a bit to spend some of the energy that she was feeling. "You can look out for things that are taller than me, and I can look for things on the ground! This is perfect!" She said, starting to wander into the grass and looking around as she attempted to find anything that was different.  

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:57 pm

That... made sense, actually. If something like this happened once before, then the sun must have come back out at some point. Casimir isn't sure how he didn't think of it sooner. Head too clouded over by negative thoughts, he supposed. He laughed, and his smile was a lot more genuine now, his fears soothed -- at least for the most part. He was still a little nervous, but it felt like a much more manageable amount of anxiety than he was feeling before. "Good thinking," he said, following along beside her. "You know, I have a friend named Melody who is a kelpi. I bet she could tell us if anything changed underwater, too. Would you like to go meet her? We can keep exploring on our way to the beach."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:28 pm
Lantana beamed! "That would be amazing! And I haven't talked to a Kelpie before! I bet it looks interesting under the water! I'll follow your lead then!" She said with a swish of her tail, wondering just what it was currently like under water. Was it any different? Had those that lived under the waves noticed? What was it like to live in the ocean!

So many questions and she wondered if she would be able to ask them all, but she was glad that they had a solid plan! She hummed happily as she kept an eye around her, glad that she had made a new friend!

Calixita
End post from me! Thank you for the rp!

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out