Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:01 pm
Calliope's words sunk in and a small amount of relief washed over her. It was the fear of the unknown that made her so weary. All they knew at present was that the light had already started to fade. She wondered how long it would take before it was completely dark. "It seems that our visions are coming true," she whispered.

Her attention went to Flora as she passed out her tea cups. She welcomed the small distraction and sipped the floral tea. "Thank you, Flora." She smiled warmly and finished the tea. "I would be interested to find out if this is something that has happened before, or if it's happened in other places. I also wonder what it will bring...after." She paused at her last words because she couldn't know how long it would last or if it would only be temporary. She could only hope along with the others.

Mystique had always respected how Nightshade was so perceptive and protective. She admired her for her bravery and skill. "I know you'll keep us safe, Nightshade. I have no doubt."

The light grew dimmer. Mystique looked up at the sky, squinting her eyes at the bright sun. She could see that half of it looked to be covered by something. From her and her sisters' dreams, she could surmise that it must be the moon. "It looks like the moon has moved in front of the sun, covering half of it now. Maybe we should light some candles so that when it is fully covered, the darkness will not envelope us completely. Flora, do you have any candles with you?"

wc: 272

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:22 pm
Flora perks up at her being asked. She loves to be helpful to her sisters and sometimes feels like that there is very little she can really help with. So when asked for something she lights up as she nods. "Oh yes I have a lot. I love keeping them in my garden for night viewings. I will go get one big one for each of us." She prances into her gardens as she collects six huge candles and soon returns giving each sister a candle so that once it gets night dark that they will have light. She even brought things to help light the candles with her. Again one for each sister so no one would have to wait. These candles would be able to keep them well lit for a long time if only one is lit at a time.

Flora loved that her love for midnight garden viewings which led to her having a lot of candles was of use to her sisters in this odd time. Her happiness pushed the unease feeling fully out of her mind. Sometimes it is the smallest of things that can turn the tides in one's mind set. She hasn't forgotten that the shadows are consuming the world around them at all.

WC :: 212  

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:12 pm
Even as Flora brought over a tea for her did Calli shield her eyes to give a quick glance towards the sky. Only a fool would look directly at the sun and she only kept her head up for a short second or two before watching as the day slowly turned to night once more. She listened to Mystique explain what was most likely happening above them in the sky and she gave a soft sound of dismay before thinking on what had been said.

"If the moon is indeed covering the sun then that would make it seem like this won't be a permanent thing. The moon wouldn't be able to remain in front of the sun given it's history of different phases. No, I think we'll be alright and who knows, maybe I can find a way to compose a song afterwards about our experience."

Even as she drew her cloak back on to ward off the chill in the air as the darkness continued to grow did Calliope stare down at her instrument before trying to gauge what was needed to be done next. As the sun continued to disappear behind the moon did she glance to each of her sisters. At least with whatever was going on, they were together and safe. That was what mattered the most. The sounds of the animals that had been nearby to their circle had quieted as the sunlight continued to fade and Calli frowned. It would be fine, everything was fine. The sun would return. And with the return would life go on as it had before.

WC: 268  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:17 pm
The moon had moved to completely block the sun now and their small world had been brought to darkness. It wasn't a complete darkness as her dream had made her believe, but it was still dark enough that the she could hear a few crickets chirping nearby, but otherwise the earth was still and quiet. The dim candlelight flickering gave all the sisters an almost ethereal glow. What started as an ominous foretelling had become an almost ritualistic experience.

It didn't take very long before the moon started to move away from the sun, bringing with it the light of day again. At that time it felt like the world let out a collectively held breath, and she herself let out a sigh of relief. "You were right Calliope," she smiled at her. "I knew if we all came together we could get through this. It appears there really wasn't anything to worry about. I would love to hear whatever song you come up with." She went to each of her sisters, giving a slight nuzzle. "Thank you all for joining together here. I'm so happy to have been together to witness this celestial event." She blew out the candles as the light of the day had now gone back to normal. "I do wonder if this will happen again, but only time will tell."

wc: 225
[fin]

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers