For as long as you or your ancestors can remember there has never been a day like this one. Something is sliding ominously across the sun in what should be full daylight. But as the hours pass, the darkness and the horror it brings grows. What’s wrong? Is this some prophecy coming to pass? Is this an omen? Did you or your herd know this was coming or were you caught completely unaware?

Eventually, something blocks out the sun entirely and all the sounds of the little creatures who live on this planet ominously stop. It’s as if the world is collectively holding it’s breath. Will the sun come out again? What are you thinking? Are you afraid?

Tell us what happens during the hours of the first full solar eclipse in memory.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Cruncher was enjoying the cool breeze near the water when the wind began to shift. It felt different, almost stagnant like it was not fresh.

Shaking his head, he began to look around and noticed things were not normal. The small animals that usually were at the edge of the water opposite of him for their safety were scurrying back to their homes.

Looking to the left of him, he peered into the woods and saw nothing. No movement, no sound absolute stillness and it was eerie. The sounds that annoyed him some days were nonexistent. He pondered why but something urged him to move and head home. He felt the sudden urgent need to be there and off he went.

As he began his journey to his home his mind began to race as to why he felt the need to leave his sanctuary. There he felt at peace as if he can just be himself without the worry of another seeing him and becoming afraid of his appearance.

His mates accepted him as he was, they never belittled him not once. Both cared for him in the same way, but it was different with each one. His fear of losing them began to overwhelm him to the point of him not being able to move, he just stopped and stood completely still. His nostrils flared and he became highly agitated, which for him used to be the norm but since finding his mates he calmed considerably.

Rearing his head back he let out a screech and began to stomp the hard, cold clay beneath his hooves. He began to feel very out of sorts as if something was around him was not right.

Forcing himself to calm he looked around him and it was eerily quiet, no movement. The breeze was at a standstill and the smell of it was pungent to his nose. It was as if the air here had been closed up for centuries, then suddenly let out.

A feeling of being watched began to consume him. His mane began to stand up on the back of his neck and he felt odd. His senses became less sharp, and his legs felt really heavy.

He began to stumble as he tried to walk, each step he took was more difficult than the one before. His breathing became labored, his eyes losing focus. The smell about him was intense, each breath felt like it burned his lungs. He knew that something was terribly wrong, but his only instinct was to move away from where he was. The urgency he felt was overwhelming, his mates were safe at home, and he wanted to be there with them.

His mates! He must not give up, they need him, and he would not let them down. Whatever was coming was just going to have to have him in the way. He was not going to go down easily, and his lips pulled back into a sinister smile. He relished the thought of a battle, even though it felt like he was walking through muck and mud, his body felt heavy, and his eyes were not able to see correctly he would fight.

He was concentrating on his movements when suddenly he sensed he was not alone. Raising his head, he narrowed his eyes and focused on the side of him, and he saw something White then blue spots seemed to dance in front of his eyes. He laughed to himself, "Blue spots are floating!" and his laugh became loud.

Snorting he tried to pick up his leg to move and he heard a voice "You find my Blue Spots hilarious? I could say the same about your face!" venom dripping from the voice. Turning his head sharply to the right he focused his eyes again and there stood a male. The White and Blue Spots he saw was him!

Stunned he stood still, his leg halfway in the air just staring at the male who appeared out of nowhere.

The male spoke again, "Since my markings are such an affront to you, I will be gone as soon as I ask you if you have seen a male who has the same patterns as me but in Purple? My twin is missing, and I am trying to find him." he snorted. His stance was rigid, and he was snorting. The audacity of the other male! His anger was quick, but he needed to keep a level head to find out if this male has seen his twin.

They got separated a while ago when suddenly everything went black, no sound nothing. He called out to Feck who had answered but sounded far away. He panicked and started to walk towards the voice then suddenly it was gone. The darkness dissipated and it was so bright it hurt his eyes. It took a few minutes to become accustomed to the light again and he looked around and Feck was gone. He called out his name several times and began to panic.

Realizing he was not paying attention he turned his attention back to this male who had angered him. He narrowed his eyes and watched as he seemed to struggle with his movements. "Odd, that is how I was about a hour ago!' he waited a few moments before calling out.

"Are you having issues moving? You seem to be very sluggish as if your legs won't work correctly" "I am not being rude about a hour ago not to far from here it became dark, as if the all the light was blocked out. I felt a heavy pressure, the air was stagnant and hard to breathe. I was unable to move or speak. I tried to call to my twin, but I couldn't."

"It felt like an eternity" he said in a voice that held fear. He shook his head trying to dispel the thought and turned back to the male.

Cruncher heard the other speak and realized he had encountered something similar to his experience. As he listened to the male speak, he felt a sudden urge to tell him about what happened within the last few minutes.

"I had a similar experience, the air became stagnant, and I couldn't breathe, and my body felt heavy. My eyes, I am having a very difficult time seeing anything, trying to focus." "My name is Cruncher; I will say I have not seen any others in this area" he awaited a response.

FIck carefully weighed his options, he could continue to look for Feck by himself or he could team up with this male who seemed to have a way about him that irritated the stuffings out of him but alas he needed help.

"I will make a bargain with you, I will help you until you are able to function on your own in return, I want your help locating my twin." "I must locate him; I am worried something has happened to him. He seems to find trouble and always ends up in a bind, which I am always there to bail him out of"

Trotting down slowly keeping the male in his line of sight, he stopped just a few steps away from the male who said his name was Cruncher.

He looked at him closely and realized this male truly was in trouble. His entire body was shaking as if trying to keep itself upright, his breathing was labored, his eye had a weird glaze to them, and he kept swaying his head back and forth as if to clear something.

"I will walk behind you, if you are in trouble, I will nudge you and get you upright" "I know this is difficult the farther you move from this area the better you will feel. "Honestly, I am feeling off just standing here, there is something brewing here, and I don't want to be here when it finally arrives!" with that he nudged Cruncher in the back to move forward.

Cruncher snorted at the contact, but Fick said sternly "You need to move, you are barely able to stand as is. The longer you stay here the more you will become affected, now MOVE!" he nudged him harder, and Cruncher had no choice but to go forward.

Taking the necessary steps to move, he did so. Each step felt easier than the one before and suddenly once he crested the small hill that Fick came down, he was able to breathe normally. His body no longer felt heavy, and his vision cleared all the way.

Turning back to the male who was nudging him he narrowed his eyes and in a very grumpy voice said, "You nudge me one more time and you will regret it!" "I am not in the mood to have anyone treat me like a foal!"

Standing still, Fick laughed. "Maybe if you were able to move like an adult, I wouldn't have to treat you like a foal who can't walk!" "I could have continued on and left you to struggle by yourself" "You honestly think you could have traveled that distance without help? You delude yourself. I have wasted time helping you when I could have been looking for my twin!"

Cruncher hit his limit he pawed at the ground in agitation. His breathing became faster, and he snorted loudly. "You are pissing me off, and I suggest you leave my sight before I lose the little bit of control I do have! I will thank you for your help since you gave it unasked for."

This male had the audacity to be agitated at him for the help he gave? Stunned Fick took a rigid stance and snorted. "I should have not helped you, the time I have wasted would have been better spent looking for my twin you ungrateful jackass!" he was starting to charge Cruncher when something was in his path. "How dare you interfere!" he shouted.

The one in his way laughed and said "Dear brother why should you have all the fun? When the darkness cleared you were nowhere to be found. I have been looking for you!"

"Now what is this nonsense of you getting into a fight? That is what I DO! Don't try to become me it is most unbecoming you pompous jerk"

Turing to the one who was about to get his rear handed to him. he introduced himself. "I am Feck, this jackass over here is my twin Fick. I am sure his manners have not improved since I have been gone" "I do thank you for the entertainment you have gave to me. My brother getting agitated is a treat for me to see, usually I am the only one who can get him to that point" he laughed.

Fick was getting very angry, "FECK KNOCK IT OFF BEFORE I KNOCK YOUR BLOCK OFF! he screamed. Feck kept on laughing.

Cruncher was at a loss as to what to say or do so he just silently walked off as the brothers bickered.