[FIN] Blood in the Water [Yosha/Aodhfin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Keantha
Painted Moose

[The following rp was conducted through Discord between Keantha and I]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:23 pm
Yosha - 1

A deep rumbling pulled from the shifter’s chest as his pack pressed forward into the evening. As the warmer months drug on and prey shifted down from the mountains so did the wolves. The never-ending hunt brought them further south than they’d ever gone before, but under the shifter’s guard the wolves felt confident in their surroundings. Even when they weren’t in sight of Yosha he knew he could reach them if need be. The pack was everything; their lives depended on him and his depended on them. He’d already been called ‘strange’ for one of his kind, made a spectacle of it even, but Yosha didn’t care. The wolf shifter didn’t have time to ponder ideas like that when there were stomachs to fill.

For the time being Yosha only had two others with him. A pair of solid black wolves flanked the larger shifter who had, for the time being, changed into that of a massive timber wolf. Even with the recent rains making tracing scents harder it was impossible not to notice the smell of blood in the air. It was what had led him to that particular spot in the first place and if he knew the pack they were circling the perimeter around it.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:25 pm
Aod - 1 [Keantha]

The only sound that Aod could hear was the thudding of his own heart as well as his pained panting as he limped onward determined to get back to the safety of his pack, his family. He wouldn't even mind the fact Brig was going to yell herself hoarse at him for being so stupid. He should have known it was a trap, but he let his ego take control and now he didn't know if he'd ever see his family again.

Before he knew what was happening, the paw of his good leg tangled in and exposed tree root causing his weight to come down on his mangled side. A howling yip of agony ripped from his throat as the white kitsune crumpled to the forest floor. His breath wheezed from him as he tried to breathe through the pain of his multiple injuries.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:25 pm
Yosha - 2

Tracking the scent was easy enough, but Yosha knew he had to be careful. They’d already come across a path a few nights ago that carried a few scents, and he wasn’t sure if this land was occupied or not. So far he hadn’t managed to run into any groups, but if he messed this up then there might be bloodshed. That much he wasn’t worried about, though the pups in his group would suffer for it.

As a wolf, Yosha traveled closer, allowing his senses to carry him until a sound caused his ears to stand straight on end. Several things became abundantly clear all at once; his prey was close, they were injured, and if he didn’t strike soon others would come. The wolf didn’t spare a glance at the others at his side before taking off toward the sound, and what he found was quite the sight. A tailed stallion, but not a shifter. His breathing came in harsh, heavy pants as the smell of blood nearly overcame Yosha. There was a curl to the wolves maw, an almost excitable glee, but when the other wolves came in low at his sides he straightened. “You reek of fox blood, but I see no pelt.” Yosha’s voice was a deep, guttural rumble; almost as if the sound were pulled from hell itself.  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:26 pm
Aod - 2 [Keantha]

An angry, threatening sound came from the downed kitsune as fluffy tails swept around to hide his wounds from the predator. The move however bared more of the smaller male showing that the reason he reeked of fox was because he was the fox...even with those longer than normal razor-sharp fangs peeking out. Black rimmed ears pinned flat back into his brown mane as eerie white eyes locked onto Yosha. Aod puffed up his fur trying to make himself seem larger than he was, "Who are you? What do you want?!" He knew he was in no condition to fight this shifter, all he could do is bluff and pray to the goddesses that his end would be a quick, clean death.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:27 pm
Yosha - 3

Ah, so he needed to watch himself here. The two wolves at Yosha’s side slowly spread to either side of the little area; keen on keeping their bellies to the ground and eyes on the fox. Step by step, paw by paw, Yosha’s wolf like form began to grow. As he shifted into his more equine physicality, he seemed to stretch out to the moon itself until his golden gaze bore down on the kitsune. If the other male chose to fight him or bite his legs with those massive fangs then so be it; he was prepared for a fight. Welcomed it, even.

“Yours isn’t the only scent I’ve found; how many of you are there? And don’t lie; I know your kind and their tricks.” He was keen enough to make sure there was distance between the two, but not so much as to appear weak.  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:28 pm
Aod - 3 [Keantha]

Hisses trying to keep his eyes on all of the wolves as they circled. Aod didn't doubt they could smell his pain and fear but he was a guardian to the end. "Go ******** yourself," He sneered, head striking out like a snake when a wolf got too close, narrowly missing the lupine. The move cost him as the scent of fresh blood filled the air, and Yosha could likely hear the kitsune's breath catch for a moment in pain but his rigid posture and wary guard never faltered.

Aod's eyes narrowed as he hissed again almost in a challenge, "You may kill me, but it will cost you dearly."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:29 pm
Yosha - 4

Yosha couldn’t help it; the shifter let out a sharp bite of laughter. The sound itself had the same guttural pull as his voice and didn’t diminish when his maw split into a smirk. Even when one of his pack was nearly bitten, leaping back to avoid the fangs, he couldn’t find it in him to get angry. Defensive? Perhaps, but more curious than anything else.

Until that smell hit him and Yosha’s eyes nearly rolled back into his head. He took a long, deep breath and felt the air settled shakily into his bones. When he ‘settled’, Yosha turned his newly opened eyes back to the kitsune. “I’m not here to kill you. Though, I will if you can’t keep your fangs to yourself; make no mistake in that.” Nodding to the wolf at his left, Yosha continued, “My pack will be settling here for a time. I need to know it’s safe for them and if it’s not I need to make it safe. Get it?”  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:30 pm
Aod - 4 [Keantha]

"Why should I trust you? Everyone knows your kind are liars and killers," Aod sneered trying hard to keep up the dangerous attitude but he could feel himself start to tremble, his vision getting blurry and dark at the edges. He was bleeding out and he knew it, but he had to keep the pack safe and letting a shifter and it's pets find them wasn't safe.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:31 pm
Yosha - 5

“My kind? What about yours?” Yosha lowered his head so he could get a better look at the wound, or as much as he could see anyway. He was also trying to gauge if the other male had paws, if they were of any use or if there were other wounds on him. “Half my pack is dead because of wretches like you. I’m doing what I can to make sure they survive the season, but we won’t get far like this. Neither will you if you don’t cooperate.”

After a moment, the wolf shifter sniffed the air and two more wolves joined their group. The pack was starting to converge, now that they were momentarily ‘safe’. “You can either die here alone with your pride and possibly become food for my pack or help them. Give them someplace to hide until I can take care of the threat that hunts us.”  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:32 pm
Aod - 5 [Keantha]

Snarling, Aod tried to get to his feet not wanting to appear prey to the wolves but it backfired on him as the movement proved his last act of defiance, perhaps forever. Between the pain and blood loss he finally lost the fight against unconsciousness as dark lashes fluttered a second before his pale eyes rolled up in his head and he collapsed into a heap on the ground.

Without him being aware to keep up the charade Yosha would be able to see the puddle of blood that had grown under Aod staining his white fur as well as the fact something or someone had savaged his shoulder and front leg to the point he could glimpse bone in a few spots. Blood was still sluggishly dropping down his leg to his paws. Since he wasn't awake to snarl and snap, to distract the wolf would likely also notice cuts and gashes on the young fox's muzzle and neck, likely defensive wounds from keeping whatever got his shoulder and leg from getting his throat. It was clear above all else though, without aid or some sort the kitsune was going to die.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:32 pm
Yosha - 6 [FIN]

For a moment Yosha thought he might have a ‘fight’ on his paws. He took a halfstep back, if only to give the other male the chance to stand, but didn’t last. The shifter watched the kitsune fall into a heap at his paws. For a moment the wolves didn’t move though when one of the younger ones took a few steps closer a harsh snap from Yosha kept them at bay. He should just let the pack have at him, but what he said was true; something hunted them that Yosha, begrudgingly, couldn’t fight on his own.

Closing the distance between himself and the fox, Yosha angled himself as far down to the ground as possible. Adjusting himself so that the others could help get the injured male onto his back was a task, especially since he didn’t want him to die in the transfer, but once the male was secure Yosha got back to his feet. “You found a trail, didn’t you?” Looking to a few of his scouts, the smaller wolves nodded. “Go, lead the way.”

He may have been leading them into a trap, but what choice did he have? Something had wanted this kitsune dead, possibly the same thing that was attacking them, but those wounds…they didn’t look similar. Or maybe they were? Yosha couldn’t examine them further without wasting time. So, instead of thinking about it, he took off after the pack.  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces