Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sara Siren Noire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:03 pm
~*Welcome to The Mane Event Salon*~

User Image

A quaint but lovely colored building stands among the others, the arched border of the door painted in swirling golden filigree as a wreath of various colorful flowers that were interwoven with a string of colorful beads hung upon the door itself. Stepping inside one is greeted by the sight of a row of stations lining one wall with polished mirrors, resting stands and various tools of the trade in makeup set upon each station's counter surface. On the other side of the room is a desk, behind it shelves that were lined with bottled products of various sorts for proper hair care.

User Image

Some of the stations you see as you look further towards the middle of the salon are surrounded by various tools for cutting and styling manes and tails; brushes, combs, shears, hairpins and other various decorations to be pinned, clipped or woven into ones mane. Like the area before it, the resting stands here are comfortably cushioned for a 'taur to relax themselves, or even an animal companion, upon while being tended to.

User Image

At the other end of the salon the atmosphere is different; relaxing and comfortable, the soothing scent of warm vanilla laced with gentle lavender clinging to the air from the tall candles that are dotted about sparingly. Brass basins with bottles of various shampoos, conditioners and other such products sitting around them. It would seem here is where 'taurs come to have their mane washed by the gentle, pampering hands of those who were here to help them feel and look their best.

The proprietor, Ziva, greets you with a smile.
"Welcome. Please have a seat and relax."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:04 am
User Image

A soft tune was being hummed as she moved about the salon, replacing the wilting flowers with some fresh ones; winter blooms sitting amidst sprigs of fresh evergreen and branches of vibrant, fragrant berries. It was perfect to help bring in the atmosphere of the season, tied into by the garlands of pinecones, acorns and walnuts that were strung up at each station's mirror. Ziva smiled brightly, taking a step back to appreciate her work; everything was stocked and decorated, two other 'taurs prepping their stations and making sure everything was in order. She looked into one of the mirrors and adjusted some of her long tresses that had gone astray, fingers combing them back into place. There we are; now it felt right. With that in mind she nodded to the other two 'taurs with her, moving her way to flip a sign in the window.

The salon was officially open and ready for the day.  

Sara Siren Noire

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:25 pm
User ImageIt wasn't long before Eos arrived, bundled in a fine, pale white fur to keep the morning cold at bay. The fact that he was here so early could mean only one thing -- he wanted the full treatment, both mane and tail, and had every expectation that it would take some time.

The rainbow-coated, delicate centaur was a regular at The Mane Event, and he adored being pampered like the little princess he was... or rather, soon would be. He wasn't actually a princess or royalty of any stripe, despite his confidence, but today he had news -- good news, great news, the best of news -- and he couldn't wait to share it.

"Bright morning, all," he greeted sweetly, using his traditional Sun Herd greeting. He recognized Ziva and her luxurious blue and purple colors -- how dazzling she was. A pity she hadn't been graced by the sun gods with more pinks and oranges, but then again, he supposed not everyone was so lucky. Given she wasn't part of the Sun Herd, her coat color likely had little bearing on the work she did, or the role she held.

And even if she had been, her talent with tresses would have kept Eos a regular, regardless.

As it was, the bubbly little stallion couldn't wait to settle in and have a da of all the finest treatment. "I do hope you might be able to fit me in?" He asked, clutching one of the crystals dangling from his wrists and playing with it anxiously. "I have the biggest night of my life tonight, and I hope you can help," he explained.

Perhaps it was a little last-minute for Eos -- but he'd made the journey.

The Sun Herd wasn't that far from the village, but it was enough of a journey he would be well disappointed if they couldn't fit him in. And he had such an important showing that evening, surely, the Mane Event would be able to make him the main event for his future outing.

Sara Siren Noire
Hope this okay! LOL I kind of assumed Eos is a known regular.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:25 am
Ziva was cycling through the products on the shelves to make sure the oldest would be up front when she heard the soft sound of the chiming bells on the inside of the door as it was opened, turning her head just in time to see the bright rainbow tresses of the familiar centaur that frequented the salon; Eos of the Sun Herd. It was always a joy when he entered the building, bringing a touch of that light inside with him.

"Eos! Welcome and bright morning to you." The striped 'taur smiled warmly to him as she trotted over to greet him, quickly noticing the way he fidgeted with one of the crystals. He seemed nervous and he was here so early, perhaps in part the reason he was here so soon after they had opened, which seemed to be further confirmed by what he had to say next.

"Oh? The biggest night of your life?" Ziva's lashes fluttered as a rather coy smile crossed her features. "Of course, I can fit you in, Eos. You're more than early enough that I can see you receive the full treatment. Come with me." She motioned for him to follow her further into the salon towards the basins for washing and other treatments. "So then....who's the lucky one you wish to look your best for?"

Of course, it made sense that she would know when someone was trying to make a lasting impression on an individual they had their eyes set upon.

Uta
He definitely would be! XD

Sara Siren Noire

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:29 pm
Eos was pleased when Ziva confirmed she had room to fit him in, and his long tail gave a happy swish of delight. He was always delighted with the Mane Event, but was particular fond of having Ziva herself work on him. She was talented and knew her way around a mane and tail -- and though it was a little bit out of his way to see her, he refused to go anywhere else. "Oh, you're a life saver!" He stated with a small laugh, relieved that his journey had not been for naught. He wanted to look good tonight, and he knew Ziva would make sure of it!

He stepped delicately after her, eager to catch up and spill a little gossip. At her coy smile and query, Eos could feel a little blush cross his dark features, and his smile grew. "Oh, Sun above, I have a date. And not just any date but one with the King, his Royal Sun Majesty Al-Faruq!" Eos could hardly believe his good fortune, and what he'd done to catch the eye of the handsome stallion.

Though he'd grown up as a noble of the Sun Herd, his father had been nothing more than a well-off merchant, though his mother had been part of the Sun's inner circle of nobility. Though it had been a fortuitous marriage for his father, his mother had been all but shamed for such a poor choice -- and the family had left the heart of the town, and moved to the quieter country. Wanting the best for his son, Eos' father had sent the young Eos to the best tutors, and taught him how to be of true noble blood.

While he had always hoped to make his family proud, he had never cared for, or thought much about rising up through the noble circles. He wanted to marry for love, as opposed to wealth -- and yet, of all the stallions to seek out his attention, it had been the King!

"So you can see, I am desperate to make a good impression," he explained, practically breathless from the memory of their meet up. "He seemed so down-to-earth, for such a lofty position. So kind. Not at all like the rumors I'd heard," he confessed. "However, I do want to look dazzling -- I feel so drab compared to him. Do you think you can help?" He asked, looking imploringly up at Ziva.

Sara Siren Noire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:45 am
"Oh nonsense, I'm simply doing what I can." Ziva replied with a smile to the admittedly very high praise that she felt she didn't quite deserve, the centaur a humble being by nature and somewhat in practice to maintain her connection to the natural marvels around her. Being able to do something with a skill that helps others, even in small ways, was fulfilling in ways she couldn't explain but likely didn't need to; seeing the happiness you helped bring about was its own reward.

"A date with the Sun Herd's King?" Her pale amethyst eyes widened as the smile grew. "That's fantastic to hear!" The news was both surprising yet wonderful. Eos was such a charming and bright spirit that she had no doubt he could have captured the attention of anyone he wished if he truly tried...but even she was able to realize the importance and magnitude of such a meeting.

"Well, clearly you've already made a good impression if he's asked to see you," Ziva grinned in a gentle manner as she led Eos to the wash area where she'd just placed a fresh arrangement of the wintery decor. "And how dare you say such a thing about yourself; you are dazzling, dear, and I will help that natural light of yours sparkle. Lets treat your tresses."

She was more than glad to help him to remove whatever accessories and decoration he had in his mane and tail, careful to place it all together in a basket so that it could be retrieved and used later. "Why don't you tell me a bit more about him? What led to him asking you for a date?"

Uta

Sara Siren Noire

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:35 pm
Eos couldn't help but smile. Today was going to be a perfect day, with a perfect date, and perfect hair-- and Ziva was going to help with all the perfection. His tail gave a swish in pleasure, and he was certain his face would split in two for all that he couldn't stop beaming. "Isn't it just marvelous? I would never have imagined such a thing would happen -- especially given my background. But if it doesn't bother the King, than I shan't let it bother me, either!"

Not, of course, that his history was questionable. He simply had come from lower-ranked stock. His father had sent him to a fabulous finishing school, given his mother's noble heritage, but he was not necessarily of such a high rank he would have ever thought royalty would look his way. He thought he'd be lucky to catch the eye of another noble, or if he was really lucky, some sort of duke. But the King?

It was almost too much. Eos truly felt as if he were in some sort of dream. He followed Ziva toward her station, admiring the accessories, and settling in. He knew the routine, mostly -- he certainly was there enough, and his glowing locks were proof of it. He made quick work with his accessories -- the gemstones and flowers changed on the regular, so he was an old hand at removing them -- but Ziva's assistance made it go all the swifter. "Oh, he's just a dream," he gushed readily, little caring at how foolish he may have sounded. "Everything a royal ought to be. He's strong, terribly handsome, and though he can look severe in his countenance, he was nothing but a gentleman to me." Oh, he was certainly gushing far too much, but Eos just couldn't help it.

Who in the Sun Herd hadn't daydreamed about the stallion? He'd only ascended to the throne recently, but it was all the more imperative he chose a mate. "I met him recently at my first Royal Court appearance. He singled me out for a dance, and I thought my heart might near burst with pleasure. I don't even remember what I said to him, as we danced, but oh, it was truly romantic. Of course, his time was precious, and the dance finished far too quickly... I thought, perhaps, that was it and I thought little of it-- until this morning. It was then that I was sent a message by way of royal firebird, that he requested dinner with me--tonight!"

Again, Eos couldn't help but gush. "Oh, I-- I don't really know what to expect, and it's quite possible he does this with plenty of other courtiers. But I can't wait to call upon him." Eos didn't want to get his hopes up, but he also knew none of his other courtiers had heard of such a thing. If anything, the King's interest in him seemed singular as far as he understood--but then again, Eos knew there was plenty of things he didn't know when it came to the Sun Herd and its notorious court. It was possible he was reading too much into the request--but he'd find out in time.

Sara Siren Noire
Ziva's a doll!

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces