Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:42 pm
Quote:
Auckland... Was admittedly a bit surprised by the little voice that greeted her. The mare had been taking a walk to investigate the area she was travelling into with her daughyters, honestly, and the sudden voice had interrupted her thoughts, the mare blinking as she watched the kind little bird flit away, one ear flicking before she looked around.

"I'm sorry, what was--" She then paused, and looked down, surprised by the tangling, treacherous plants she had nearly wandered through unknowingly, and froze, pinning her ears.

"Oh.. Oh dear. This is... Oh dear." Sure, she wasn't panicking, but it was still unpleasant to see!.... How.. Did one navigate these anyhow?

Quote:
Augury heard a voice in the woods and looked up from where he nearly blended in with some still-hanging-on fall foliage, his tree swaying with his motion. Another had entered the area, quietly enough that he hadn't noticed... And then he saw where she stood. Eyes widening, Augury cleared his throat and hesitantly approached the mare, who had set foot in a place he avoided like the plague.

"I see you know what you've landed in," he said slowly, reading her ear posture and frown. "I'm afraid your only way out is through, as you've walked through more than lies ahead." Augury dipped his head. "I'm Augury, and if you would like, I can try to help free you, and hopefully also remedy some of the unpleasantness soon to follow."

Quote:
Auckland was so disappointed in herself for not [p[aying attention. She'd tried to encourage her daughters toi use caution, but she was just too happy seeing their smiles to be too strict. And even then, she suspected of her daughters whom stayed by her, Cher Ami would've been the observant one. It was quite the problem, and as much as the mare wanted to say it was a simple accident... Poison ivy itched so much. And then someone greeted her -- a male's voice 00 and the mare raised her head a bit, one ear flicking forward before she nodded, visibly embarressed by her own mistake.

"Ah, thank you!" At least, for the advice, and the mare moved forward... Carefully, talking in her calm, patient voice -- no sense panicking over plants, even itchy nasty ones - and offered a smile, if embarressed. "My name's Auckland. I'm very delighted to meet you, albeit I'm sorry it was in such... Well, embarressing conditions." She paused, trying to carefully free one leg from an especially tanled vine. It wasn't the plant's fault she wasn't paying attention!

Quote:
"I'm glad to meet you too. Not embarrassing," Augury said. "They blend in with everything else." Glancing around, Augury's eyes lighted on a couple of long sticks. "Hang on for just a moment," he said, turning toward them. His tail flicked a bit with determination. No one should have to suffer this particular plant's wrath. He picked up one stick, which was probably about five feet long, and gingerly laid it across the plants which lay ahead of Auckland. "Normally, I wouldn't want to damage them," he said, "but I'd rather they not damage you! Just one more second here." Going back for the second stick, he laid it down a few feet away, parallel to the first, attempting to make a flatter path for her to navigate. "How's that?"

Quote:
Auckland could watch patiently. Augery was helping, and Auckland was grateful, taking the time watching to untangle her leg with poraqcticed effort, mindful of the plant's itchy attack as she waited, visibly impressed by his skill before smiling again. Such a gentleman!

"I think so, thank you." Auckland raised a hoof, placing it on the path before raising herself onto it, moving carefully towards the kind stallion, mindful not to risk falling before sighing as she stepped down.

"Goodness, I hope the woods aren't carpeted in those. My younger daughter might be well, but my older daughter -- Finny would be in a similar predicament." Auckland wasn't ashamed of her children, sons gone off on their own -- she simply worried. Auckland loved her daughters -- and everyone she met. But she also worried all the same, before smiling to the other soquili brightly.

"Is this your home? I'm not intyruding am I?"

Quote:
Augury smiled as Auckland stepped free of the poison ivy, then his ears stood at attention when she mentioned her family. "The woods are somewhat under control," Augury said, giving her a little slanted grin. "I try to keep the local plants under control. I'm a gardener; my home is in a meadow nearby. If you follow me, I can give you a salve to apply to your legs." Inclining his head to a place where the trees thinned to the east, Augury started that way. "How old are your daughters, if you don't mind me asking? I don't have any young ones of my own, but foals always seem to be a delight when I have a chance to meet one. Their curiosity and joy is infectious."

Quote:
"Oh, thank goiodness." Auckland relaxed, following Augury carefully. She was perfectly content accepting help, and made a mental note of things before shyly ducking her head. Some -- didn't understand her love of others, but she would do herself ill not to be honest.

"Finny and Cher Ami? They're both full grown. They just like to be close, although Cher Ami is quite an adventurer aNd recently brought home a lovely little friend." And the wolf was a wonderful help! "I'm afraid I never -- chose to remain with either of their fathers. They had different lives, but I'm grateful for the time. They were very charming. But I..." A blush. "I suppose everyone has charms of their own. My girls just don't like the idea of letting me alone." And she didn't blame them. After Finny and her brother, Auckland liked the world far more -- being by herself just never sat well, nor did burdening her parents.

Quote:
Augury smiled and looked back at Auckland encouragingly. "It's good to be close to family, though I suppose some benefit from it more than others. Some need a little space, some need constant stimulation... There's something out there for everybody." Stepping through a thinner strip of trees, Augury stood to the side to introduce Auckland to his home. "This is my meadow." The field before him had wildflowers and medicinal plants growing in his planned, organized chaos, with a stream running through it to a small pond, from which it left the meadow on the other side. "Let's go over here, I've got a few medicinal things..." And he was lucky he did - the woods witch he frequented kept him stocked up on salves, ointments, potions, tinctures, whatever could be made from the plants he grew. He kept them all in a little wicker basket off to one side of the meadow, where he could access it in a hurry if needed. Leading the way to it, he flipped the top off and looked for a particular jar filled with mint paste. "This should soothe your legs for a decent length of time, but may need to be reapplied a few times. My suggestion would be to "paint" it on with your tail - you'll smell minty for quite a while."

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:51 pm
Quote:
Oh! Oh, it was lovely here! Auckland, momentarily, forgot her itchiness, eyes wide as she took things in with a smile -- the kind that really didn't fade as she looked to Augury, beaming.

"This place is so beautiful!" She complimented, happy to follow him. She took in his advice readily, nodding brightly as she listyened before chuckling warmly, the corners of her eyes twinkling with her natural hoy. "Well there's nothing wrong with mint. it's a lovely plant." And a treat to enjoy at times!

Quote:
Augury laughed gently, scooting the jar filled with deep green paste toward her. He also dug out one of the slings he kept in the basket, so he could carry supplies. "Thank you, I've worked hard to keep everything working in sync, though it may not look it. Do you mind if I put this over your head?" He indicated the sling, and while he was at it, rolled the jar into the widest part of the fabric. "That way, you can take this home without feeling like your jaw is going to drop off by the time you get there. And you have an excuse to come back and visit." He couldn't help himself - he liked this mare; she seemed kind and genuine. It was nice to meet someone who didn't want to smash wits with him at every chance (he willfully pushed the images of some of his more lively "friends" from his mind, such as the one stallion who liked to get people lost in the woods).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:56 pm
Quote:
"Ah, by all means!" Auckland ducked her head with the smile still present, the mare allowing him yo wotrk carefully.

"I'd love to visit -- might I bring my daughters? They may like to see and hopefully ask questions." She loved her girls, but she worried! And she did want to see him again... Maybe she'd come close and live nearby? She'd like that... "Maybe we can settle nearby..."

Quote:
Augury carefully lifted the sling over her head, brushing her neck with his muzzle just a little - accidentally or on purpose, he wasn't really sure, if he was honest. "I'd love to meet them!" he said. "Especially if you have any interest in the local flora and fauna. I try to make this some place that people will enjoy." Giving her an earnest smile, Augury realized the position of the sun. "You may want to head out now, though - depending on where you're staying at the moment, the effects may be wearing off before you get there. It lasts about half an hour."

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:59 pm
Quote:
"Alright." Auckland nodded. It was only sensible, and she leaned, nuzzling him in a semblance of a hug before beaming. "I'll be sure to bring them as soon as the itching stops, then! So I can return your jar and sling. Thank you again." And Auckland turned with a smile, moving to retuern to her daughters. After all -- she needed to tell them about the woods - and Augury -- and that meant getting home. Specifically, now.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games