User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. x User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Total word count is 2,786
Quote:
KaraAsumie — 03/22/2023 6:14 PM
Fawn was spending some time with her Terence when something happened to them. They both wake up deep inside a dark forest. Confused and annoyed she sighs only to start hearing a voice that has no body with it. Well this was just great. Fawn sighs even more already annoyed by all of this. She hates being the play thing for anything or anyone else. She shouts at the voice and then looks towards her Terence that is with her. Shaking her head as the tick tock is echoing in her head. Gir this is just making her angry. Scanning the area she sees a puzzle. It needs one round rock, an oak leaf, and a hoof print. Hoof print they have. But they are going to need to find the other two things. But what does this puzzle unlock? How many obstacles will they have to put up with until they are free of this forest? Breathing out slowly as she starts to speak. "We need a small round rock and an oak leaf." They are surrounded by walls made of thick brush like plants. But in their small area there are all kinds of rocks and leaves. Now to find the right ones.

Natelie — 03/22/2023 6:23 PM
Terence had stepped away from his father's side, which was rare but when with certain family he felt safe enough. The stallion had wandered over to his mother and niece who were conversing about every day things when all of a sudden the world went dark. He wasn't sure how long he was out for but when awoken he jumped with a start, backing into Fawn with a loud gasp. "Who.. wha.." He kept backing up in confusion and panic which pushed Fawn with his movement. "Aaaahh" he jumped away and darted all around while his niece more calmly took in the situation and the creepy voice they both heard in their heads. "Stop talking!" He came back to realization when hearing Fawn speak. Standing still with his tongue hanging to one side from his muzzle. "Wha? Why a rock and leaf? Which one was oak again? There's so many trees here!" His eyes still darted around in a constant state of panic.

KaraAsumie — 03/22/2023 6:28 PM
Fawn took a deep breath in and slowly let it out. She knows Terence and even though he is her uncle. He can be a scaredy cat at times. This made her sigh a bit and then butt bump him to make him focus on her. Using her nuzzle she touches the puzzle. "The leaf we need will have to fit here. So Uncle which do you want to find the rock or leaf?" She is taking the lead and keeping a calm about herself. Then she tilts her head while looking at him and smiles waiting for him to answer. She showed him the puzzle board which had pictures of what they need to find. Not knowing what else is to follow she knows that she needs to be calm even if she is freaking out in her head. She can't show that or it would freak out her uncle and that is something she doesn't want to happen.

Natelie — 03/22/2023 6:46 PM
Gave her a look for a moment before his tongue pulled in where it belonged. "Leaf. No.. rock. So many rocks though." He usually paced back and forth when faced with any sort of decision. His family tried to avoid such things with him because he was indecisive. "Leaf might be easier. Oh, who wants a rock and leaf anyway when flowers are prettier. Especially ours. Maybe a lily or dandelion would be better choices." He wondered aloud, showing he was in his own way focusing on the puzzle. Whether he understood it was a puzzle and things had to be specific was questionable. The way he goes off topic would make anyone question his intelligence. "Oh or maybe we can make a bracelet or a ring of flowers for your mane would be so cute! We can even add a few leaves since you are looking for some anyway" He smiled then. "Oh but not sure if rocks are suitable for a makeover." His head shook, clearly thinking of making her prettier and dolled up then their situation. It helped him cope with stress.

KaraAsumie — 03/22/2023 7:22 PM
Fawn giggles a bit as she listens to her uncle. "Ok then tell me about all the flowers you can. Yes Uncle there are flowers. Make something for my mane. I would love that." She is just trying to keep him calm as she finds the rock after ten minutes. Then puts it into the place holder in the puzzle board and starts to look for the leaf. Finding it within minutes. She places the leaf where it needed to go as she places her hoof in the hoof print spot. The ground felt like it shook as there is now a door into what looks like a brush Maze. "Come on Uncle stay close to me." She starts to enter this maze as she sighs. This was going to be annoying. More so then she wants to deal with. But she smiles and looks at Terence. "Please stay super close. I don't wish to be parted from you." Deep breath as she is fully inside of the maze now.

Natelie — 03/22/2023 7:39 PM
Terence started rambling off names of various flowers. At least he knew an extensive collection of them or it would have been a short list. He plucked a few flowers that were in the area of the puzzle. "Hm just daisey and violets. Both are considered a weed or pest plant but they will look cute all the same" He had tried to keep as much of the stems as possible in order to make something for his niece's mane. Occasionally he would glance over while she searched for the rock. "Too bolbous on the right side" he chimed but then seemed oblivious again, weaving flowers together. By the time she found the rock and leaf, he had finished a white and purple chain to sit atop her head. He gave it to her then reared as the ground shook. He pranced in place, not sure where to run off too. Either way he chose, he didn't want to leave his family behind. "Okay. Okay we are good. I am good. Good boy" he chanted quietly as he nodded and followed very very close to Fawn. He was so used to being in close proximity that he had learned when to step to shadow the other's steps and not contantly bump harshly into their backside. "What if we can't find a way out?"
As if a cue, a soft rustling was heard. He thought nothing of it as he followed Fawn around a corner. Then the rustling sounded like several somethings rustling in the grass and leaves at their hooves. "Uh.. Fawn, are you making extra noises?" He tilted his head and noticed lots of little somethings, bugs, crawling all around beneath them. And a step from a hoof was apparently unphased by each insect. "Bu... bugs" He stuttered, bumping into her in his new found panic. "They are crawling everywhere! Heeelp, heeelp there's bugs" his head turned and he spotted a large beetle on Fawn's rump. "It's on you!!" He whinied and darted forward past her, wildly picking directions to go. Backtracking when he came to dead ends. His whinies heard all the while that helped her track him down again.

KaraAsumie — 03/22/2023 8:15 PM
Fawn sighs as she shakes the bug off of her. "Hmm well there goes the stay close to me." She prances to catch him and butt bumps him into the brush of a wall. "Calm down." Though the pace was nice and they have clear a lot of the maze. She was hoping that a few more turns and they would be out of this area. "Breath Uncle. The bugs are smaller than you are. They can't really do a lot to you. Hell you can lay down and roll on them and well that would be the end of them." She points out taking the lead again. Turning a corner as she can see something sparkle like moonlight hitting water. Closing her eyes and listens. "Water is near by. We are almost out." She isn't sure how long it has been. Maybe 30 minutes or so. This was indeed tiring.

Natelie — 03/23/2023 11:49 AM
Terence slowed but he kept moving his legs in some vain effort to not have the creepy crawlies on him. The amount of bugs kept growing like they were pouring in from some unknown source. He practically yelped in a shrill noise when he squished one under hoof. His eyes were like huge saucers, staring at his niece. "But.. they are gross. And they crawl all over" his whole body shuddered when he mentioned them crawling. His tail flicking back and forth at the mere thought of them on his hide. "Ew. Ew ew ew" He followed behind Fawn, trying to avoid squishing another one though it was becoming impossible with the blanket of them at their hooves. This was a mini nightmare already. "I hope so! I can't handle much more" As he said that he felt something on his own rump. Slowly turning his head to look away, he spotted a large spider sitting just above his tail. "Spi.. spid.. spid.. SPIDER!!!" Terrence bucked and reared wildly before running again past the more calm sensible of the pair. He ran straight for the water source with a plan to dunk his butt in effort to drown the horrible creepiest insect if it was still on him.

KaraAsumie — 03/23/2023 6:49 PM
Fawn laughing at this point as she follows Terence to the water. "Well at least we are outta the maze. Oh and the spider fell off of you at the first buck." She points out as she prances towards the water. "Hmm this looks deep in the center. So we will have to find a way to cross to the other side. I can see the light showing that the outside of the forest isn't far off from the other side of this river." She looks about as she sighs. "Hmm Terence.. Uncle dear lets find a crossing. If we can't find one then we are going to need to make one ourselves." Pointing this out as she is scanning the banks of the river on their side for any logs or big rocks to cross at. But not finding anything really that is near them. Sighing as she knows that if something else happens to spook Terence that he is just going to swim across. Which could be dangerous but if that spider is nearby he would do it.

Natelie — 03/23/2023 11:06 PM
He sighed with relief, his whole body still trembling from the ordeal. Instead of plopping in the water he had plopped down ungracefully on the ground by the water. He glanced over to her then to the water. "Yep can't see bottom from here" he agreed, the water darker towards the center. The sun glimmered enough still that any long staring hurt his eyes. "Alright" he moved his legs to push himself back up then took a deep inhale of breath that in turn sounded like a horn. Maybe that was too deep. He huffed it all out. "I can do this. I mean we. We can do this." He trotted along the shoreline then away from it. In short time he was shoving a large log with his shoulder and neck. It was given a final shove to roll down into the water. Where it sunk. "That.. was unexpected." After a minute it breeched the surface of the water like a whale coming up for air. One side bobbing up before slapping against the surface and bobbing in place. "Ooh look, one down. Think we can find others? Or that it might hold our weight.." he trailed off in thought. "Might have to swim it if I am honest. And I am always honest niece." His curly mane whuch usually had pretty tight curls, was looser almost sagging against his neck and back end like he had already taken a swim recently.

KaraAsumie — 03/24/2023 4:10 PM
Fawn looking at Terence and watched him. "Hmm Uncle.. That won't hold us. I am pretty sure we can find something better." She trots past him and keeping her eyes on the shoreline as she spots something and stops. Looking back. "Uncle over here." She shouts at him and then slowly walks up to these large boulders making stepping stones across the river as she smiled. "This should be what we are looking for." She steps onto the first boulder. It holds her and doesn't move under her at all. So she steps onto the next one. All good there. Just four more to go. The third one needed a bit of a jump to step onto. She readies herself and makes the little leap onto it. A sigh as she hops across the last three with ease and lands her hooves onto the shoreline on the other side as she looks at Terence. "Come on Uncle. It is super easy and I am pretty sure I see your friend the spider coming back and with friends." She jokes in order to get him to move.

Natelie — 03/25/2023 2:59 PM
Follows her with his gaze as she trotted past to look for another way across. "I looked over there already" he commented. He was sure she wouldn't find anything but when she called him over, he looked on flaberghasted. "How? Those rocks weren't there before" He said still in bewilderment as he walked over and watched her cross the last three boulders. "Well.. they look.. simple." He huffed a breath and hopped onto the first. His back hoof slipping off and into the water. High enough that now he just looked awkward as he tried to climb back on and fit his hooves. He wiggled his rump like a cat to jump over to the next. Only his front legs seemed to cooperate while his back stayed behind. "I'm not a goat! This is hard" he called out hearing her snickering. He was stuck on two boulders, looking around while he contemplated a silution. With her mention of the spider and 'friends' he knickered loudly, kicked off with his back legs and hobble jumped across, flailing to keep from falling again since the next mistake might end with him fully submerged. He looked akin to a new foal on legs as he made it across. When he finally got there he nipped at the air near her neck "Did your mom teach hou such teasing?" He huffed again and motioned with his head "Lets go before something else comes up"

KaraAsumie — 03/25/2023 3:22 PM
Fawn giggling as she watches her uncle cross the river. "Maybe I did. My mother is just that kind of pony." She points out as she heads towards the lead next to her uncle. "Yes we shall leave now before something else happens. Let us move with haste." She starts to trot and soon they find themselves out of the forest. Her sigh of relief heavy with sound as she lets her legs give out under her. They are free. Free of the puzzles. Free of the forest. They are back to where they started before all of this happened. As if what happened was only a dream. Did this all take place in the dream world? But her uncle was there with her. She looks over at him. "If it wasn't a dream. I want you to know. I was so scared but stayed strong to keep you calm so we could get free again." She smiles. She was so glad that it was all over now.

Natelie — 03/25/2023 10:58 PM
He wasn't surprised by her response. He actually expected it since a lot of their family tree liked playful jokes and teasing. He just shook off the small annoyance like a bug. Quickly trotted along side her, leaving behind the puzzles that were already becoming just a memory for him. There was a risidual sinister laugh that rung in their heads like when this had started. It echoed until it became clear. The voice spoke one last "Next time will not be so easy." Terence turned around, looking for this voice only to find nothing but the two of them alone. He stopped moving and looked over at her. "You handled it well. No need for both of us to be scaredy foals." He smirked and nuzzled against her affectionately like a hug. There was a voice in the distance, feminine and familiar calling out to them. "Come on, sounds like your mom." They both returned to their family and back to their normal lives.

FIN