Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Grammar Nazis Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we?
  Yes
  No
  Whatever.
View Results

The Eff

Dapper Browser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:38 am
My friends and I always burn people who can't spell right. Maybe I could push it to the nest level.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:06 pm
Nebel Rabenschwarz
Jill_Frost

A firm hand should be applied as a grammar tyrant, but Bittersweet_3 is
right; there is nothing to be gained by being malicious or cruel.

I can't agree with you, since by being a b***h when it comes to grammar I've "taught" friends to spell correctly. While being nice, they can't seem to understand.

I've discovered the opposite is true- When I ask people nicely and explain why they should attempt proper grammar and spelling they're more likely to consistently do it. (ex: Sound more intelligent, far more legible, gets the proper point across, etc.)  

Aelia TKC

x-Sadistic_Angel-x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:55 am
I've earned the status of 'nerd' in my form class, because I generally try to correct anyone who makes a spelling mistake/mistake in general, but then again, they are just a bunch of stupid, non-cultured, unintelligent bogans with no common sense, so I have to say that tyranny and malice are the answer. There are different ways to deal with different people.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:28 am
When many hear the word Nazi they think of pure evil and that is not the message we want to convey. We need to be firm and strict about using correct grammar but we shouldn't radiate evil. However, tyranny may be the answer since we have to make people listen to our cause.  

Gindy Ann

Ayria Black

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:47 am
I say we inform anyone we notice doing it that it is bothersome and yes, correct them gently. However, if that doesn't work, I simply ignore their statements because it becomes too difficult and time consuming to figure out what it is they're trying to say.

That is why I ignore them.

If they really, really have something that they want you to read (say it is a friend or something) then tell them you refuse to read it unless it is written out correctly. If they want you to read it that badly then they'll do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:39 am
"Okay, yes. Confession: I'm a Grammar Nazi too...But I don't try to harass people unless they type like: 'H3ll0, h0w !s 3vry0n3 d0!ng?'. Oh man, I hate that." ((Note: I had a hard time trying to spell that shiznicks!!)) "I kind of have mixed feelings. I partly think they should be destroyed for that but I also think if we talk them to it nicely, then they'll actually grow some brains and type RIGHT. I'm not sure, but I do know that all I want is for the brainless HUMANS to type right." Nods head.

Chthonic Catnip

Bloodsucker

Chthonic Catnip

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:41 am
Amitai Cohen
I say we inform anyone we notice doing it that it is bothersome and yes, correct them gently. However, if that doesn't work, I simply ignore their statements because it becomes too difficult and time consuming to figure out what it is they're trying to say.

That is why I ignore them.

If they really, really have something that they want you to read (say it is a friend or something) then tell them you refuse to read it unless it is written out correctly. If they want you to read it that badly then they'll do it.

Sticks my hand up in the air like I'm Batman or something. "I agree all the way! I'll refuse to read stuff from my friends unless it is written correctly!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:42 am
Amaya the Shadow
When many hear the word Nazi they think of pure evil and that is not the message we want to convey. We need to be firm and strict about using correct grammar but we shouldn't radiate evil. However, tyranny may be the answer since we have to make people listen to our cause.

Stands up once again like I'm Batman or something. "YES!! I agree with that too!!"

Chthonic Catnip

Bloodsucker

Chthonic Catnip

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:44 am
The_Eff
My friends and I always burn people who can't spell right. Maybe I could push it to the nest level.

"You mean 'next'?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:21 pm
I don't like being mean to people.  

dragon-lizard

Chthonic Catnip

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:12 pm
dragon-lizard
I don't like being mean to people.

"Well you're weird." : D "I love being mean to the filthy human wormbabies!"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:41 pm
I do believe that we've said before that this is NOT a grammar Nazi guild. I'm tempted to lock this before it festers further. confused  

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers