Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:21 pm
A thick, white, blanket of snow covered the island, including the lean-to which Ravenna and Atheron had taken shelter in the night prior. While the storm had moved on, it had left feet of snow in its wake. The winds, thankfully, were calm, and the sun was shining, which reflected off the white of wonderland the two centaurs now found themselves in.

It was cold out there...but the lean-to was warm. The fire of the night prior had dimmed to a small crackle, but even the embers of the fire elemental continued to provide warmth in the small enclosure. But perhaps what was providing the greatest warmth and comfort to Ravenna, were the pair of arms she found herself in.

Blinking the last of sleep away, the green eyed mare remained still, not wanting to disturb Atheron or the peace of the lea-to. Everything that happened the night prior played over in her mind, and the ebony-haired mare could only hope that her purple-haired companion didn't wake up with regrets. She herself felt euphoric -- and the temptation to lean up and press a few more kisses against those lips was high. But she knew, despite everything which happened, they would need to talk...

Or at least, sort things out.

Would his feelings be changed now that they had given in to their passion? What were his feelings? Hers ran deeper than she could have known until she finally let herself be swept away by their currents... but that didn't mean Atheron felt the same. Was it a one night affair or would he want something more?

Right now, in the quiet, she could just enjoy the two of them. They would need to continue their journey sooner than later, as they needed the faerie kissed herbs and plants for the herd... but there was time yet. She might need to pick her way out under the sunshine and sunlight, but that was fine -- right now, she was too happy, too content, too comfortable, to feel any concern about the Sun gods.

Heaving a content sigh, she relaxed again in his hold, resting against him in a light doze while she waited for him to stir.
EvilSilverDragon
A new start. ;3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:26 pm
A slow as the sun rise, Atheron began to wake up. For several comfortable breaths, he kept his eyes closed. There wasn't a moment he could remember that he ever felt so comfortable. The world just felt like a warm, well loved blanket had settled around them.

That small, disbelieving part of his mind feared the evening was nothing but a blissful dream.

Shifting his arm, letting his hand slide against her side, reality was settling in. Blinking out the sleep as his companion had done not too long ago. Turning his head, the purple haired stallion looked down into her gorgeous green eyes. One look made it abundantly clear he hadn't dreamed that night.

Breaking into a wide smile, he reached down to encourage her to tilt her head up, leaning his own down to greet her with a good morning kiss. He didn't get enough of the taste of her lips the evening before. That would remain true to his last breath.

By the moon he loved her.

Uta
May it go as well as the evening before ^.~

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:03 pm
The movement of the arm around her side had her eyes flutter open once more. Thankfully, he hadn't pulled away, and she peeked up at him from where she cuddled against him. Their eyes connected, only for him to break out into the broadest of smiles--and the relief she felt was immediate.

Surely, he had no regrets.

Of course, when he tilted her head up, and leaned down to kiss hers, another wave of excitement washed over her. His warm lips pressed against her, and she couldn't help but smile into that kiss. She wanted to appreciate him anew, and couldn't resist stealing a few more kisses. Goodness, but her stomach felt aflutter, and a happiness she hadn't ever known gripped her.

Pressing her hands against his chest, she savored the kiss. When it did finally end, she didn't move far -- instead, she let her arms slip loosely about his waist. "Night's blessing," she greeted. Did it matter that it was daylight surrounded them? No. Even the morning and sun gods couldn't distract or upset her -- not after her night with him. Hopefully, the first of many.

"Are you cozy?" She finally asked, realizing that he might be feeling squished in the lean-to, or eager for his own space. She'd never done any of this, so it was rather new ground for her to tread.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:19 pm
Parting that sweet kiss was almost an effort too much for the moon struck stallion. They had to eventually move. Her journey wasn't over and their herd would be lost without them.

By the Moon it had been so easy the night before to forget everything. Every responsibility, every single soul. The world was just the two of them. Pure perfect world.

Echoing her greeting, he remarked, "Night's blessings to you, my Guiding Light." The hand not currently on her side raised to brush her luscious hair from her gorgeous face. "Did you rest well?" There was definitely not the hit of a grin on his face. Nope. Well, maybe a little.

"I've never been more comfortable in my life."
He had her by his side, everything else was a far of thought. Except, duty and stomachs called.

With a heavy, full body sigh, he looks out of their lean-to, the landscape deceptively placid after the roaring night the spirits gifted them to chase the two of them into the lean-to in the first place. "As much as I would deeply love to just stay in here with you for eternity. Probably need to continue on. I can't be too selfish...all the time." Much sacrifice, and a cheeky grin at the end. Surely there was never a more aggrieved stallion in all the land. The playful side to side shifting of his tail would have killed the act, if the warm humor of his tone didn't already.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:44 am
Ravenna savored the kiss like it might well be the last time she got to experience it. Everything felt too good to be true. This new feeling, this reciprocated desire and affection... She was almost afraid it would be stripped from her. So, she would cherish every moment she had with him... every kiss, every touch, every intimate moment...

As Atheron brushed the hair from her face, Ravenna did turn her head slightly, so she might softly grant his wrist a soft kiss. The smile that crossed her features, as well as the slight flush of her cheeks, followed suit at his query. Oh, the thought of their night together...well. She wouldn't be forgetting it. "I did," she assured. Gods knew Atheron could wear a mare out...but she loved it. Between their run, and their evening, by the time they were ready to for sleep, Ravenna crashed hard. "It was nice to fall asleep in your arms. Sleep came very easy." She hoped this was the first of many nights together... though she didn't want to force herself on him, if he needed or desired space.

In fact, she didn't even know how felt about this change. While he seemed pleased, she didn't know if it meant anything to him. For Ravenna, it was testament of her feelings, of her desire for something more... but now that she thought about everything that happened. She never had gotten much of an answer out of him, regarding what he wanted.

Of course, so far, every sign pointed to a longer term interest. Maybe they didn't need to talk about it. But, then again, maybe they should. Well...there was time. Gods knew they had to make it to the faerie gardens, and then head all the way back. All she needed was patience, and time. The phases of the moon didn't rush...and neither should she.

Atheron's assurance that he was comfortable, and eager to stay, pleased her great. Leaning against him once more, she let herself rest her head against his shoulder, taking one last moment to enjoy their closeness. Just in case he felt differently by the time they made it back to the herd. "I do agree," she confessed. "The herd waits--and while I trust Aiolos to guide them well in my absence, I don't want any of them to worry." Though the Nightstalker's which had so traumatized and hurt Qoaha had not found them, there were still other threats which well could. No, the sooner they returned, the better...

Carefully, she extricated herself from his arms, and with great effort, carefully got to her hooves. She did take a moment to give a long, languid stretch. Thankfully, the heat of the lean-to and elemental fire, meant her cloak was no longer frozen. In fact, it was dried out and warm, despite one side of it being used to help block out snow and wind the night prior. She pulled it down, tying it back around her shoulders. A quick prayer of thanks to the fire elemental whose breath had offered them warmth, before she put out the last of the dying embers with her hooves.

"Shall we? I've some provisions to share while we're on the road, if you're hungry." Gods knew she'd worked up a bit of an appetite... perhaps he had, as well.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:51 pm
There was awe at how one press of the lips against his wrist could send a tingle of warmth through his whole body. The power she had over him was one he never wanted to lose. Sure there was male pride, but also that tender pride brought on by affection and concern for another.

Was it pushing his luck to comment that he'd make sure she slept well from now on? By his own herd's courting rituals, they were bonded. Not that she knew that first part. At least he didn't think she had.

For a few, he just enjoyed their time together. Encouraging her to lean on him, Atheron remained still. Some of the peace did shift. She reminded him of their duties to their herd. "Right, can't have the search party find us yet." Those nightstalkers earned many a weary night following their newest join.

A lingering touch followed as she got up and started to prepare for their departure. Transfixed, he remained still watching her stretch and put out the fire. By the Moon, did she know how stunning she was?

He finally had to get up himself, stretching out his back took some doing. Twisting left and right then pulling his arms out and up. Everything felt back in place, if not yelling at him for the day before.

He'd take the scolding, it was beautifully earned. Her question earned a grinning answer, "Starving." The day earned a few blinks to fully adjust the the world around them again. Everything looked so calm compared to the storms that drove them in.

"Lets not wake the spirits that seemed to be so keen to have a party last night."
They really took his 'shouting lessons' comment as a taunt, it seemed.

Testing the waters with far too much confidence, Atheron draped an arm around her waist as he was able. "Spirits willing you'll sleep very easily in your own home by moon rise." There was an ever so playful eyebrow rise. Echoing her words was very much intentional.

Putting that one more hoof into the metaphorical waters, he suggested, "Maybe while we walk we can share the customs of where we came from? Nox Lunae must have been shaped a lot from what you knew and what the Moon guided?" Probably as smooth as he was going to manage into explaining himself more.

Uta
Tag!

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:49 pm
If Ravenna stole a sidelong look at Atheron as he stretched, it couldn't be helped. He was very handsome, after all, and was quite a strong stallion--more than she'd realized. Of course, she let her eyes slide off him quickly lest he catch her staring--or see the slightest flush of her cheeks which followed. Ravenna wouldn't so quickly be forgetting the night they'd shared together, and hoped... well, she hoped that it might be the first of many together.

Of course, what happened next regarding the two of them was a bit of a mystery to her. Did he want something more, like she did? Well. There would be time to talk about it. Thankfully, Atheron didn't seem particularly shy or coy, and when he came up to slip an arm around her waist, she couldn't stop the smile that crossed her features. A small flutter tickled her stomach before she leaned against him, glad for his close proximity.

A good sign, to be sure.

In fact, she was so focused on him that she hardly flinched at the light of day reflected on the white snows surrounding them. While she much preferred to be awake during the long hours of night, sometimes she had no choice but to face the day--but it did allow her to see Atheron all the more clearly, with his thick purple hair, and his grey and black body. Indeed, her green eyes were more than happy to linger in a way she would have never before...

"Well then--we've quite a journey ahead of us then if we're to be back by tonight on Nox Lunae's lands." Perhaps the travel would do them both good. It would give them time to themselves, and that was something she desperately wanted. She'd sleep better to be home... but she also would sleep better if Atheron were there. A bold sentiment, but one that was no less true... even if it was a new revelation.

Stepping into the snows, keeping pace with Atheron, Ravenna only turned away once to rummaged through her pack. She offered him a small pouch of dried nuts, seeds, and some fresh winterberries; half a wedge of cheese; and a small crusty roll. She had packed for a few nights away, but it would be perfect for two. She took out a small bunch of the winterberries to start with, pleased with their punchy flavor.

Atheron's question surprised her, and she gave a little laugh and shake of her head. "I could certainly tell you all about my prior herd's customs--though I left plenty of those behind soon as I crossed the border and fled." Something she didn't and couldn't regret. Had she stayed, her life would been awful--assume she survived the trial of her heresy. "I wanted this place to be as different from the Sunlands as possible--a literal night and day," she teased with a smile, making light of the situation. It was true though. She didn't want anything that reminded her of that place if she could help it. "However, I did base the Calling of the Moon on my own experience -- I had been waiting for the Dawn but it was the Moon who granted me peace, blessed my path, and is who calls to me when I pray. Devoting myself to the night was as easy as breathing..." But that wasn't what Atheron had asked about, was it? "The Sun Lands were so different. It was practically a living metropolis -- but they were as severe as the harshest light of day. Everything was structured. There was no room for others thoughts or opinions; no room for creativity, unless you were lucky enough to be born in the right family. They gave little regard for nature, and instead simply wished to grow. They are powerful, strong, fierce, full of fire, militant. Nox Lunae is none of those things and I'm grateful for it," she confessed with a grin.

It was perfect, is what it was. It might be small, but it was growing naturally, with love and commitment. It was quiet, subdued, gentle--at least compared to the Sun Herd. They had warriors, guards, fighters--but they had dancers, caretakers, artists, crafters.

She glanced over at him and offered him a warm smile. "What about you? Are there any customs or traditions you carry with you? Any you might like the herd to adopt?" Ravenna knew they were a bit sparse as far as traditions went... but that was something the herd could take on in time, as new members shared their own celebrations and triumphs, some might well stick or become something Ravenna would implement.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:40 pm
All felt right with the world in that very moment. Ravenna wrapped close in one arm, the comforting 'weight' of her body against his, there was nothing more he could need. The grumble in his stomach reminded him that food was still necessary.

Stallion pride very much hoped she didn't hear it.

When she spoke, that was all he could ever hear. The world fell silent as her gorgeous voice carried. "We can make it, safely." Lessons were learned yesterday. Even if the outcome had been amazing. Already looking at her with his full attention after she started speaking, Atheron scanned her flawless black coat for signs of stiffness or pain.

Only after being currently convinced that she seemed to be none the worse for wear did he enjoy the moment of just admiring her. By moon light or sun light, Ravenna was radiant.

Also extremely intelligent. He offered a warm chuckle while reaching over for the cheese with his free hand, "I don't know where I'd be without you. Skeleton ice block, probably." Her foresight was unmatched and he was so grateful for it. This wasn't the trip she had planned yet even still she was ready.

All the more proof she was the perfect leader of their herd.

As she spoke, he trusted his hooves to keep him out of trouble. His whole attention was entirely on her. Silently, he listened to her story. Mentioning fleeing, the centaur tightened his hold briefly. Protective over an event that was long past. The hold transitioned to a gentle rub along her back as a comforting gesture.

He'd hoped to hear of her old herd's courtship and happier traditions. Even so, he was endlessly grateful for what she did impart. The word 'metropolis' wasn't one he was familiar with, but it didn't sound preferable by her tone.

He gave a moment, tilting his head up and too the left. His eyes were to the sky but he was seeing the past. "I don't know about adopting for the most part. My herd and band were centered around migrating, flora and fauna spirits. We didn't exactly have a central spirit that we worshiped. Our landscape always changed so to did the spirits we looked to." Not like the Sun or Moon though the concept was easy enough to adopt. The old matron would have scolded him and said something about not listening enough. Ears full of wool tended to be the common complaint.

"We had a main herd, Ly Herd. From there family and close friends formed smaller bands with our second name telling each other who are family were. The 'c' in Lycone, for instance identified, my band. Anyone in my herd would know my little brother, Ryker was close family because he has the same second name, Lycone. My uncle Galades Lycare, for example, would be known that we are close in relation. My herd was so large and the bands so spread out, it really cuts down on the confusion." Uncle Galades traveled away from the herd, he might eventually make his way there. His brother probably was still running with the herd, lost without him.

Speaking everything being less confusing made perfect sense to him. The concept known since birth. Their herd wasn't so big that members wouldn't see each other frequently.

"Matrons ran the herd, each band had one. Supposedly they are our teachers and guides. I think they were just there the to scold and pinch ears." Oh his grin was cheeky as all can be, the very look of someone who knew they couldn't get in trouble for breaking such a taboo. Somewhere out there his old Matron was probably sneezing and cursing him.

He had the high step of a foal for a me minutes, that short bobbed tail of his flying high. Not once did he lose step with her. "Running, especially together was part of everything we did. Once a foal could stand on their own, the herd 'ran' with them. Everything that followed involved that to some degree." Since he didn't know how to show her in her own past traditions, he used his. In his own full speed ahead way, "Courting, for example, the pair would confirm they weren't of the same band. They'd run off together, breaking with the herd, usually the stallion driving the run but not always." Couples and families came in so many shapes, certain 'roles' were more guidelines than rules. "If they stayed away at least a night and returned together, well, the herd knew a new band had formed or one grew larger." Would she want to return with him? Or break apart before they got back to the herdlands?

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:29 pm
Ravenna listened eagerly as Atheron spoke of his Herd and its many bands. While she had known that he had always enjoyed running and being on the move, and he had mentioned its importance to her herd, she'd never known just how important it was! Nox Lunae was not migratory but there were plenty of roles and positions which required movement. She hoped he didn't feel stifled... but surely, he wouldn't have wanted to stay if he had.

And oh, how Ravenna was glad to know he wanted to stay.... and after the previous night, she hoped he might want to stay with her.

While she listened, the back of her mind still wondered what it all meant. She wasn't sure how to bring up the conversation, and was perhaps a little concerned about the answer. Thankfully, his close proximity this morning gave her some hope. "Would you want to keep your naming traditions here in Nox Lunae?" She asked, trying to sound casual. Of course, she always knew him as just Atheron, but the knowledge that his second name was Lycone ... would he wish for that to remain?

"Ah, well, at least you don't mind following a female leader then," she smiled, nudging him gently with her shoulder, using it as an excuse to lean against him again. "I haven't really thought about what comes next with the herd, or rather, who might someday succeed me." A daughter, perhaps, or even a son, if the spirits decided to someday grant her such a blessing. She was open mind and the next leader need not follow her hoofsteps entirely.... "I suppose it's something I'll need consider eventually, but I don't even have a--" she stopped, feeling a flush come to her cheeks. A what? A partner? A lover? A mate?

That Atheron was right there, she suddenly worried he might think she was pushing him into something he might not even want. Or perhaps hadn't considered.

Then again, his explanation of their courtship ritual did have her wonder. They had left together, just the two of them -- they had even run together, side by side, until ice had caused her to all-but-faceplant into a snowbank. Not a very auspicious start...but the night had ended beautifully, and they would certainly be returning to Nox Lunae together. "....would our time together count as such a dedication?" She asked, her words soft, perhaps a little hopeful. She liked him....okay, perhaps liked wasn't the right word. She was quite sure she was in love with him, but she ... was a little afraid of admitting it.

Ravenna had never been in love before, but she was certain this had to be it. He haunted her thoughts, and she thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him. He had proven reliable, and seemed to love the herd as much as she did -- anytime she needed something, Atheron was there. He truly was a pillar of Nox Lunae, and she was certain the herd, and her own life, would be empty without him in it.

She wanted him to stay with her, to build a life with her... not just for Nox Lunae, but with one another. The question was whether he wanted or was interested in the same?

"I'm afraid we don't have many courtship rituals," she added softly, tucking some hair behind her ear as they walked. "Even in my previous herd, most individuals were set up based on their positions -- with those with little name or power often trying to make matches that would elevate them. And for those who were higher up, they would often have arrangements made for them, to strengthen a bloodline, or make some alliance. Love, or attraction, rarely played into it... " Thankfully, Ravenna and Aiolos had left before they'd been sanctioned to marry, and she'd been so busy she had given little thought of the matter until now.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:38 pm
She asked a good question. Did he want to keep his second name traditions? Had he chosen a partner from another band within the herd and followed that partner, his name would have changed. This isn't that much different. "I.." he honestly wasn't sure about it. "I don't quite know. A merge of the traditions possibly." Noxcone?

That was interesting to think about. A real possibility of needing to think about that existed. For a brief moment, the poor stallion almost choked on air as that little thought hit him out of left field.

Blessed Ravenna intervened and distracted that line of thinking. Her timing was always perfect. This one made him laugh, he raised his arm up to rub the back of his head. A memory of many an injury over his foalhood. "Oh, not at all. The Matron would be very proud." He gave a small saucy grin at that one. Hints to a history of mischief, at least many stories of misadventures.

Would that old battlemare even believe he actually behaved himself? That was a good 50/50 chance. He'd probably still end up getting the staff to the back of the head again. She was just grouchy like that.

Dropping that hand as the phantom pangs faded, the arm naturally fell around Ravenna again. Muscles tensed just a little when she talked of succession, "Thats an eternity away," he rumbled out. That was probably an assumption on his part about how Nox Lunae would handle change of leadership.

Would it be by death? Would Ravenna just eventually decide to step down? A battle of the strongest didn't fit this herd. It was softer and more gentle. Not weak, but certainly not trail by combat set. Maybe the Moon Herself would decide to change the leadership?

He was probably thinking about that too much. Any potential threat to Ravenna warranted thinking about.

This next part came with an unusual calmness. Describing what he knew to be courtship, it wasn't unexpected she'd make the connection. In his normal fashion, he barreled ahead, "If you returned with me, it would." Probably a little underhanded not talk about its meaning before....yet introspection didn't keep up with him.

There was still the 'out', returning alone might not mean much to Nox Lunae. It would mean everything to him. Little more than a kick to the chest could be more clear.

Everything she had told him about her old herd, he absolutely did not like it. To put it mildly. "Both of our past herds saw the sun in completely different ways. Ran their societies so different" Seemed strange, the same objects yet far different interpretations.

His wasn't all sweetness and light, he shared a bit of their dark side, "Life as a nomadic herd, most of the time it was the strongest and fastest that tended to match. Attraction was always there, love.. I am not sure love matches were exactly common but respect for one another was a cornerstone as I understood it." Little hard to speak of any experience in the matter. He certainly never returned back to the herd with anyone. Much to the ribbing of members of his band. Especially his little brother who forgot that big brother was bigger then he was.

"To the herd as a whole, so long as you didn't try to match within your family band." There as shudder and a face made at that one. Taboo around that one was firmly ingrained in him. "All that mattered was keeping up. Those that could not keep up would be left behind, even by their band." There wasn't a story he could recall of a band braking off from the herd to stay behind with a member that was no longer able to follow.

Any stories of such always painted the one unable to run as negative. It would never have been a romantic story for a lover to stay with them rather than follow the herd and band.

'Fall behind, stay behind, the herd moves forward stronger.' Rationalizations of the actions followed lessons. Threats to the band or herd as a whole could catch them if they stayed behind, the whole herd slower due to a member. New mothers and old matrons did set the pace, most of the time. Even so, memories of his youngest days were of a grandmother getting left behind. His own mother, her daughter had chided him for showing any distress. None of the others in the band seemed phased. That impact would be with him for all of his days.

No longer could he see the memory as a sad thing, the loss not one to be mourned or horrified over.

Perhaps to soften the last bit, or just being a bit playful about it, Atheron deliberately swished his tail again his companion and 'bump' his flank against hers, "Nox Lunea definitely needs courtship traditions." The grin on his face landed directly into suggestive.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:56 pm
Ravenna was pleased to learning more of Atheron, and found the entire conversation captivating. With the herd growing and changing, there were plenty of gaps in tradition -- from courtship to marriage, and everything in between. Even the thought of succession had never really crossed Ravenna's mind. She was so focused on getting the herd to be a place of peace and prosperity for its members that she hardly had time to wonder about the future.

But she would need to.

From finding a partner who might both support her and potentially help lead, to needing to find someone to succeed her... Certainly, she knew Aiolos would help lead the herd but would he even want to? He had his hands full helping keep the herd protected. Would she choose someone she thought capable? Or would it be a future blessing of children?

Oh, there was much to think about.... and she appreciated Atheron questioning it. Helpful as always, even if unintentionally. "Well, I'm glad the spirits lead me to you. The Matron should be proud--I don't know where the herd would be without your support so early on," she confirmed with a warm, fond smile. And where might she be now? With Atheron's arm back around her, she enjoyed the sensation of it looped around her -- even though he'd only pulled away for a moment, she'd grown accustomed to the touch, eager for it.

At his confirmation of what their time together might have meant in his old herd, she bit her lower lip in consideration. Peeking up at him from beneath her ebon locks, she she gave a little smile. "Would you like me to return with you,Atheron? ....because I... I quite like the idea of what it means, very much." Maybe it was too soon. Maybe he didn't want to be together in the long term. But Ravenna was more and more certain this was what she wanted -- that he was who she wanted. But she didn't want him to be stuck, or feel obligated....

She wanted to be his choice, too.

Ravenna did frown slightly at the confession of others being left behind. While she understood the importance of staying on the move, the idea of abandoning those who couldn't keep up, of leaving them to their own fates. That no matter the devotion and time and energy one gave, inevitably they would be left behind. Alone. "What a sad end," she finally spoke, "To have no family to rally around you, to have no familiar faces to comfort you. To be so alone in the world." Perhaps it hit a nerve because Ravenna had to choose to leave the comfort of her herd. Her parents, her siblings, besides Aiolos, her friends, her mentors....

She had left almost everything behind by choice-- to serve the Moon and Night gods who called to her. That had been hard enough -- but to lose everything simply because you slowed down.

Would Atheron leave her behind if she ever became a burden?

.... he wouldn't, would he?

"Every herd has its own traditions, its own way," she quickly added, not wanting Atheron to think she was judging his old herd's tradition. But that was one she would not be including in Nox Lunae, not that she had expected Atheron to request it. The ill, the infirm, the young, the weak, the dying -- they would not turn their backs on them, at least not for such reasons as they could not keep up. But then again, Nox Lunae was not a migratory herd....

"I suppose that's what makes the world what it is," she added with a lighter tone. "My previous herd, and yours, were so different... and yet, look at how the spirits brought us together. From our experiences, good and bad, we can help make something different, something new. The herd will be all the stronger for it."

As for courtship....well...

She gave a little flick of her tail, letting it brush against Atheron's flank. "Mmm, I suppose we will need to think of something to signify important life changes, from courtship, to mates, and children.... I suppose I was just going to see how they developed over time," she admitted with a smile. How did they want to signify life events? Surely, the herd should have something.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:35 pm
With a little hop to his prance, Atheron mentioned joyfully, "If she ever crosses our path, do remind her of that, would you?" There was little doubt in his mind he'd get another wack with that staff. Blamed for prompting Ravenna to state that. There was absolutely zero regrets just see the look on that old mare's face. "May the spirits be kind enough for that meeting." Nothing but pure mischief in his tone. The smallest glimpse into the yearling he once was.

Growing old was a mandatory, growing out of the yearling stage seemed optional.

Zero hesitation, not even moment to even act like he needed to think about, "I can think of little else I could ever want then to proudly return to the herd with you. From now til we are running among the stars." Poor stallion didn't know if he should jump at the notion she wanted to return with him. That she knew now what that meant in his herd and still wished to do the same. There was also that overwhelming desire to kiss her again.

That would probably delay them again. There was incentive to get her back to herd that should out weigh that call. For the moment, he reached out and just gently brushed her bangs out of her eyes, his looking into hers. May the Moon forgive him, but nothing on this plane or the next could ever compare to the wordless beauty that was Ravanna.

Physically certainly, but her heart, her wisdom, her very spirit outshines everything in creation. In his mind, he'd shown her. Explained it what it meant to him. Even so, if it wasn't written all over his face, he spoke lowly, "I love you, Ravenna, my Guiding light." It seemed like he always had, from the very moment they met.

This trip through action and words, reflected she felt the same. That encouraged a boldness probably best waiting til they got back.

At least talking about his herd's tradition was able to pull that hot blood back just a little bit. Better then things getting awkward.

"It was never seen as a sad thing. Those left behind seemed to leave on their own accord or stood back and watched everyone leave. We have stories of them finding an endless, safe pasture or other herds." Her view was as valid, conceptually he could understand it. It wasn't one anyone in his herd would share, but that heart and empathy were just some of the many reasons he loved her.

"For a herd that movement was life, it was seen as necessary. For one where migrating isn't needed, its cruel and intolerable." Much like with Qoaha, the idea of abandoning someone was not even an option. Nox Lunae lived a different life.

That was for certain, "We have the chance to meld the best of what we left, and avoid the worst. Thank the spirits for guiding us. May we avoid the curses of our pasts." He didn't view his as such, but they didn't match the future. The future she'd build would be worth absolutely everything.

There was the briefest moment his arm around her tightened, a quick side hug with a playful hand ghosting along her abdomen and falling comfortably at the juncture where soft skin became luxurious pelt. "I mean I could just shout everything at everyone in the herd." A call back to the beginning of their journey. And the spirits taking his challenge. Tactile flirting because how could he help himself?

"Encouraging the best and happiest traditions to grow will help the herd." No rush for it. Even if none of them knew what it meant for the two of them to return together. He knew, she knew, both choosing that path meant everything.

Making it more clear was always an option. There were many ways to accomplish that one! If Aiolos didn't try to trample him for it!

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:52 pm
Atheron was as sweet and endearing as ever -- and his playful outlook on life often left her smiling. He reminded her not to take everything so seriously, and brought fun into her life. She was, admittedly, a very serious, very practical mare -- but Atheron could always get her to laugh and smile. She couldn't imagine how hollow her life would be without him.

Between his confession of wanting to run with her from now until they were among the stars, as well as his love, Ravenna almost melted. She leaned just a bit closer to him, feeling her cheeks flush with warmth, and her chest fill with great feeling. "Then it's settled," she finally spoke, her words low, soft, full of affection. "We shall return to together, and stay together--for as long as you'll have me," she stated, nuzzling her cheek against his hand which brushed back some of her bangs.

Her green eyes looked up at him, and she could not hide the feeling, the love, the care within them. "I love you, too, Atheron. More than you could ever know." She wanted to share Nox Lunae with him, wanted him by her side when he wasn't busy with his duties. She wanted to share a life with him, perhaps even someday start a family. He'd warmed her heart almost from the very first -- she just hadn't known it.

Thank the gods that he felt the same.

Ravenna slipped her hand into his, twining her fingers within his own as they continued their walk. "I suppose their lives would continue, even if they could no longer keep up. I suppose change eventually finds everyone, inevitably," she added thoughtfully. "And though the change might be challenging, or even frightening, it can lead to new opportunities." If she had renounced the Moon and stayed within the Sun Herd as a heretic, where would Aiolos and she be? Surely, she would have never met Atheron.

And if Atheron had not lost his band, what might he be up to now, as opposed to accompanying her on her journey? No. Change was difficult, but it didn't always lead to despair or unhappier endings.

At his proclamation of shouting everything, Ravenna laughed. "Mmm, that would be effective, but I'm not sure it would be popular." She leaned further into his hold, more than happy to be there, letting her tail periodically twine with his. She certainly didn't mind the flirtation, or the touching -- and did her best to ensure he knew his attentions were more than welcome. "At least we've time to consider it... Maybe another hour or two's trot, and we should just be nearing the grove." Then they could lay a quick offering to the faeries and gods who blessed it, and pick ample plants and herbs needed for Nox Lunae.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:26 pm
Running full force ahead didn't always work in his favor. Every once in a while, every once in a while, it really got him where he needed to go. Ravenna by his side, admitting she felt the same about him. There was not a single place in this realm or the next he needed to be more.

His fingers twined with hers, Athreon brought their hands up together to place a small kiss on her fingers. For a while, he just listened to her speak. That was one of those things he could do forever, just bask in her presences and listen to her wisdom.

While very much flesh and blood, the mare at his side always seemed ethereal. Wisdom and grace personified and draped in a cloak of the night sky.

She had a point about change, leading to new opportunities. Going from a migratory herd to a settled one pulled a huge change. A much as the desire to run until he couldn't anymore, she reminded him that he didn't have to run.

"Change is great, like the horizon, always a promise of adventure and wonder." Even when things are bad, that horizon was right there becoming to a change of fortune.

Atheron joined her laughter, very much understanding what she was referring. "Maybe not for the rest of the herd. I can probably come up with a few more effective options." Some were probably not appropriate for young foals. It was only her proximity that kept down the hitched-up prancing. Sure, showing off was fun, but this, this settled him in a way he'd never knew possible.

Enjoying their closeness, the feel of their tails twining, the warmth of her so close to him. They could go like this forever. He had to chuckle and playfully add, "Oh right, we were going somewhere specific." As if he had forgotten. Partly true, when Ravenna is around everything else goes from the brain.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas