Submit

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:24 pm
This is a private RP with my Soquili, Orin. Please DO NOT post without permission!

User Image

Kaya Wolf Moon's Teepee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:29 pm
Orin was not having a good day. To start things off, he woke up later than he intended. Not such an issue, correct? Absolutely wrong. Waking up later meant that his day started later, which subsequently meant that he was late tending to the orchards. Being late tending to the orchards meant that the order of apples and oranges he was supposed to deliver to a neighboring merchant would have to wait until he was finished, as he also still needed to fill said order. And THAT meant the merchant might reduce the payment since Orin had guaranteed delivery by the appointed time- a time which was drawing closer by the second. It was one big, giant mess! As if it was not bad enough, it was pouring down rain. “I really should learn to keep my mouth shut,” the stallion chided himself, glowering as offending drops of precipitation splashed his cheek. “If I had not made that promise…” He sighed heavily as he carefully plucked an orange from the closest branch.

Taryn- his familiar- had tried to warn him about making promises so freely, especially when it came to delivery. One never knew what the weather held in store from one day to the next. What had started out all rainbows and sunshine earlier that week had slowly dipped into stormy gloom. Orin prided himself on his word. If he made a promise, he felt honor bound to keep it no matter what the circumstance. Taryn always liked to joke that the only way Orin would not keep a promise was if he were dead. Not injured, not sick, not even dying but actually dead…as the small bird liked to put it. Sadly, and as much as he hated to admit it, it was the truth. Once he gave his word, there would be no preventing him from keeping it. “Be it rain or shine, snow or wind, I will always follow through.” The pink-toned stallion grunted and shook his head. “Saying it now, it sounds so foolhardy and pompous.” He tugged another orange from its branch. “I have got to listen to Taryn more.” Not that I will ever tell him such a thing…

A crack of lightning broke across the blackened sky, lighting up the gloom with brilliant white light. A resounding boom shook the heavens. Orin jumped with fright. The action caused him to knock over the basket of apples and oranges he had been collecting. They rolled in every direction. Some rolled down the row a little ways. Some bounced down into the small ravine running beside the tree. Others found their way straight into puddles of mud. “Argh!” He stamped his hooves in frustration. Flinging his head back, he shouted at the sky, “Give me a break here!” Another tumultuous peel of thunder answered, turning his angry shouts into tremulous whimpers. Orin’s head drooped. All of his work, all of those oranges and apples were either gone or damaged. There was certainly no way he could meet the deadline now. Not with needing to find the undamaged fruit and pick fresh ones to replace the damaged pieces. His heart sank into his stomach. He sunk down onto his haunches in defeat. Never had he ever broken a promise…until today. All because he overslept by twenty minutes. Twenty minutes! I am never going to live this down. Taryn would be gracious about it at least, but a few of his family members would happily tease him about it forever.

He stared dejectedly at the ground. Little streams of rainwater were flowing along the orchard’s rows, swirling around the fruit and forming slightly larger streams at times. After a few minutes, Orin drew in a deep breath and let it out in a weary sigh. He slowly stretched out and clasped the basket handle between his teeth, righting it before swaying to his hooves again. Rain continued to pelt him, though he barely felt it anymore. “Might as well salvage what I can and finish up. Just because I will not make the appointment on time, does not mean I should not go at all.” It was a notion of little comfort. For someone who held so much pride in who he was, in his words and honor, it hurt to know he had failed and at something he did everyday. If he were being truthful, Orin did not know if he would ever get over this moment. He was going to try, yes, but still…the wound to his pride would be deep. Stupid thunderstorms… Orin cast a final glare to the sky then began recovering what fruits he could. His day was far from over, yet he was going to do what he could to see it through. Maybe, if his luck changed, he could salvage more than just the apples and oranges.

FIN

WC: 808  

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash