Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] A Horrible Truth (Meret and Ichtacka)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:37 pm
This is a private rp between Twitch and Revel for this month's rp prompt! Sharkbait hoh-ha-ha!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

People do a lot of things in the name of love. Is it wrong to protect someone you love from a horrible truth or should they be given all the information even if it's terrible? That's for you to decide. But once you know, ...well you can't take it back

This RP is between platonic friends (no secret feelings here!). Think your best friend, your person, your ride or die.... They've kept something from you and you've just found out. Your friend says it was to protect you. It wasn't something you had to know, but once you know it changes things. It can be a secret as big or small as you want. But how do you feel about it? Are you glad they kept it from you? Did they do the right thing? Do you understand their intentions and does that make it okay? Or are you pissed?

And what happens next?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:55 pm
Meret took in slow deep breaths as her heart raced. She could feel the sweat forming on her skin. She was so nervous. She had to tell him. Out of everyone she had to tell him. He'd understand surely! He had to. He was the only one left in her life. The only one who could make her laugh and the only one who could get her to whistle a tune. Her last friend. That's why she needed to tell him. What she had found. Something to help her dreams. He'd help her! She knew it.

So why was she so nervous?

She knew she was trying to desperately gaslit herself. That everything would be fine. That he'd accept her idea. She knew he wouldn't. He had told her about his trials, how hard it was to help. His curse.

And yet....

The whispers on the winds say that you could gain wings with such a curse. If she got wings...She could finally fly. Be free of the ground. Taste that true freedom. Finally touch the sky. This. This was her chance. The one chance she had. She had made up her mind! Or not. She had been thinking for so long. Keeping it hidden close to her heart. She didn't want to hurt Ichtacka but...All she could hope for was he'd understand.

She was tired of being broken.

She wanted to fly.

So she waited for her last friend at their meeting place, her nerves shot. She had to tell him. She had to make her choice before the next new moon. Her mind told her it was stupid but her heart and her soul were so set on her dream.

She couldn't keep this to herself anymore.

She had to tell him and let him deiced. Would he stay by her or leave her in the dark like everyone else.

"Ichtacka."

((WC: 314))  

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:04 pm
Ichtacka had been hunting in his fox form, having some trouble too, several of his catches had replied to him when he asked for a name before he tried to eat them, he made a point of eating only those creatures that couldn't reply, didn't have names etc, he hated to kill anything but he had tried other diets like other soquili but he was a born predator... conscience or not, he had to eat meat to survive and he ate only enough to keep himself healthy. If he starved himself or ate only sparingly, he wouldn't be strong enough to protect others from the vicious shifters out there, so while he felt guilty, he didn't deny himself when his body told him it needed sustenance.

"Ichtacka"

The voice brought him out of his over thinking about his kill though he didn't like others to see it. He quickly shifted back into his larger form, shoving the rabbit he had caught moments before, into the hole it had emerged from before he pounced, hiding it from his friend.

He wiped his mouth before turning to face the speaker. "Meret!" he said warmly, padding over to greet her "What brings you here?" he coughed "it's great to see you" he smiled, genuinely happy to see a friend. "i keep telling you, just call me 'Tacka, we're friends aren't we?"

(229 words)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:20 pm
Meret's blood ran cold as she froze. No no. No no no no. She knew she needed to tell him but not here. Not now. What could she do? "I just came out here to think Tacka. Of course the same question could be said to you." She was desperately trying to calm herself. "Yes of course." This did get a smile on her face. "My only friend." Her last words were quiet as she became lost in thought again.

Would any time be good? Was it right to keep this from him?

What happened if it was too late?

She knew the risks. She was hoping to be strong enough to keep part of herself. If she didn't...

Could she live with herself going forward knowing she never said her peace?

"Ichtacka. I need to tell you something." Her voice was quiet yet very serious. "I've made up my mind to reach a dream. But you're not going to like it. You might even hate me after I say what I've been thinking about for a very long time." Her voice was soft, sad though determined. "But it's the only way I can see myself becoming truly happy for the first time in many many moons."

She took a deep breath and exhaled. She couldn't believe she was doing this. "I...I've decided...I'm going to seek out Oyahusa." There wasn't much to say after that. Oyahusa. The dark shaman.

The only one who could create a powder to fix a pelt of a chosen to their body.

The only one who could create a shifter.

To be so unhappy to even think of this path. Meret knew this was a line not many crossed and even fewer recovered from. She had nothing left for her but a dream of wings.

With the right pelt she would gain wings.

That's all she wanted in the world right now.

((WC: 317 BECAUSE MERET IS WORD VOMIT))  

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:47 pm
Ichtacka smiled, until he saw the emotions shift across Meret's face, she wasn't very good at hiding it, and she was definitely struggling with something.

"I could never hate you Meret" he said, with a slight laugh, but as she carried on talking, a dark pit grew in his stomach, cold and heavy.

"No" he said, his voice flat, his eyes bright. "It's called a CURSE for a reason Meret" his voice cracked a little as he tried to hold onto his own emotions. There was only one reason one went to that evil creature....

He tried not to get angry, but he was... he was angry that she hated herself enough to want to change... but also so very very deeply sad. "You don't want to live like this... Meret.... you wouldn't be YOU anymore.. you'd be some soulless killer"

He took a deep breath as he tried not to cry "Meret please, re-think this, ... this is not the way, we can figure something out for whatever it is your'e thinking of.... you wouldn't just be a killer.... like me... you'd be like i was.... blood and murder and out of control... you'd be just like those i keep others SAFE FROM" he couldn't help shout at the end, his whole demeanour was pleading, he was shaking from the very idea of that shaman... he couldn't believe his sweet friend would even THINK if doing what she was going to do...

"It...you won't have control of anything after.... you won't even control what you kill to become like me..... i was born like this at least but you.... please don't do this Meret" he begged, "i couldn't bear to have to stop you from hurting anyone... i couldn't hurt you" he was practically on his knees in front of her, his tails between his legs, his ears as flat against his skull as they could possibly go... to another shifter he would look pretty pathetic right now as he looked up at Meret

(339 words because also word vomit)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:32 pm
Meret closed her eyes tightly as she wished she could turn off her ears as well. Hearing Ichtacka beg her not to do this hurt so so much. She turned her face so only he could see was the gold mask on the side of her face. It helped hide the tears.

"I have nothing. There's nothing to live for most days. Just...Get up. Survive. Sleep. I'm not living...I'm numb. Numb to the world. All I have to show for my life is the dream I've held since I was a filly to reach the sky. I've heard...Everything...So even if I lose myself to the curse...Even if there's nothing of me left...I'd still get that dream"

Her own voice cracked a bit.

"There is no other way...You can't magically grow a pair of wings. This...This way I'd finally have them. I could finally live off of the ground. Finally feels the air beneath my hooves. I'd have...Something."

Though Ichtacka could not see it Meret closed her eyes. "Maybe I want to forget who I am. "

She didn't want to be a murderer. She didn't want to go crazy like he knew all to well.

She was just in so much pain.

She wanted that pain to stop.

"I'm sorry Ichtacka." Her voice loudly cracked this time as she tried to hold back her guilt in her voice. "I can't change my mind. There's nothing left to change." She opened her eye to look out into the woods.

"It's best you forget about me. Then when it came time you could hurt me. It will be easier for everyone that way."

"I'm sorry."

((WC: 272. We're at 903 total so I'm not going to count anymore. WORD VOMITTTTTTTT))  

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:40 pm
Ichtacka couldn't keep the hurt off his face, so when she hid hers, it was almost a relief but even that hurt. To hear her say she had nothing hurt even more "You have me" he said, his throat tight with emotion. "You wouldn't even REMEMBER your dream Meret, please, PLEASE reconsider"

Tears dripped down his face, he was breaking, his heart couldn't take this, how anyone could want the life he led before he got charmed... how could anyone wish for that?

"It wouldn't be fulfilling a dream Meret, you wouldn't know, wouldnt even remember it, i've seen it happen" he stood but his whole posture positively slumped in dejection.

"I would never hurt you, i couldn't.... but i couldn't let you hurt anyone either, please Meret.... please don't make me choose between who i am, and who i care about" he was crying now, his heart breaking into pieces, she was betraying everything he had ever believed in, at least all he believed in since he was able to know his own mind properly. "It wouldn't be easier... not for anyone, you're being selfish Meret" he snaped, he didn't mean to but he was just so hurt she was making this choice and not listening to him. She didn't understand how much the curse destroyed... "If you choose this fine, but don't make me part of it, i won't watch you lose yourself" He turned away from her, hoping she would change her mind, hoping she would chase after him and beg his forgiveness, though he knew she wouldn't... tears dropped to the dirt as he walked away.

(276 words - 844 total)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:42 pm
She knew this was going to happen. She had hopped but she knew it. He had left. Just like everyone else.

Her mom, her dad, her mate, her son, her daughter.

They were all gone.

It was just her, her dream, and the dark path before her.

This was so wrong. She knew it.

But she couldn't stop.

It would be better if she forgot. The pain was too much for her. This...

Was for the best.

Meret turned and headed off into the woods. She had a 'pelt' to find.

Even if she forgot her dream, she'd still have wings in the end.

Finished!  

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers