Submit

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:04 pm
This RP is only for Kesmi and me. Please ask before posting.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
🎵 Baby, there's a Shark in the Water.🎶

People do a lot of things in the name of love. Is it wrong to protect someone you love from a horrible truth or should they be given all the information even if it's terrible? That's for you to decide. But once you know, ...well you can't take it back

This RP is between platonic friends (no secret feelings here!). Think your best friend, your person, your ride or die.... They've kept something from you and you've just found out. Your friend says it was to protect you. It wasn't something you had to know, but once you know it changes things. It can be a secret as big or small as you want. But how do you feel about it? Are you glad they kept it from you? Did they do the right thing? Do you understand their intentions and does that make it okay? Or are you pissed?

And what happens next?

Title: Rainbows & Secrets?!
Players: Inspiration & Mikhail
Word Count: ???  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:10 pm
User Image

"Another Beautiful Day" spoke a voice not lyrical but, imaginative in a sense. As winter was preparing to move on, Spring was setting up shop for its time in the sunshine. Even the budding branches along with miniature stems of grass were awakening. Birds flew past her, their chirps seeking out others. A perfect day! A mare stood basking in the sunshine feeling everything around her. A brief shake of her head, let her mane swirl, falling downwards. Her forelock rested playfully as if a breeze had upswept, releasing it afterward. The mare mused for a moment wondering what her best friend was up to at the moment. Digging through some boxes next to the teepee foundation, she revealed something colorful, as her mouth around a curved end pole pulled outward. She laughed with a smile happily, "Wonder if it still works", she thought to herself. Shaking her head up and down with the colorful fabric catching the passing breeze, the creation opened into a contoured wonder. Each of the colors reminded her of a rainbow as she danced playfully with this marvel she'd fallen in love with when her hooves were much tinnier. Laughing she bobbed her head again, but it started to close unexpectedly. Frowning she sought to keep it open till the maiden came to her aid. Strange appendages moved upward clicking the rainbow in place. Inspiration whinnied in joy! Now she could go check in on her best friend, and cheer him up if need be in case he was feeling down.

So, she set off to the riverbank where they played as foals. Today she wanted to have an adventure with Mikhail like they used to as kids. Holding the rainbow creation known as an umbrella in her muzzle, she set off to find her bestie. "I shall bring the rainbow to you!" she laughed, then continued onward.

WC: 313

Kesmi

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:09 pm
Winter was indeed leaving and it was causing the ground beneath the evergreens to turn to mud. It splashed up his legs and speckled at his underbelly as he continued to pace back and forth. His days had been dull and gray, even with the sun that shown brightly over head in the blue sky. Shaking out his lavender colored coat, Mikhail stopped his pacing and glanced upwards towards the branches that reached over head. Their needle covered limbs scratched against each other raining those that were dried down upon anything beneath. "Tch" He muttered shaking himself again, his lion like tail flicking behind him as something stared down from above.

"What are you thinking about, Mikhail?" Asked a dark feathered owl as it perched on the branch above his head.

"Something that seems to not want to be found." He huffed hanging his head a bit.

He was indeed searching for someone that he had heard tale of. Someone that his aunt Neva, mother in her own right, had spoken of. Someone that would answer all his questions and make his wishes come true. But the cursed one was elusive and hard to find. Mikhail huffed again before looking at himself. "I am going to the river to wash this off. Perhaps I can clear my head as well."

Without even waiting for the owl to answer, he was already walking off. Soot, the owl fluffed her feathers before dropping from the branch to follow behind Mikhail. The trek seemed long, but he lived close to the river where he had played as a kid. There had always been a small filly here too, her lavender mane was something that attracted him to her back then. He liked the color, even if his whole body was of varying shades. As he reached the riverside, he wondered what the filly, now mare was up to...

[[ WC: 315 ]]
Rein_Carnation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:37 pm
User Image

Inspiration moved like a gentle breeze imagining she was lyrical, loved by all like Muse. Why not, Inspiration thought to herself letting the breeze carry her like a grounded flutter. Muse was everything and more that Inspiration wanted to be. As she walked deep in contemplation, Inspiration's longing to be special soon cleared her mind, as grew closer to the meeting place she last saw her best foal friend, Mikhail. Smiling she trotted toward the riverside, her head turning in both directions, ears swiveling for clarification he was there. "Mikhail?" she spoke looking around "Are you here?"

Sure, Inspiration had drifted a little bit away from Foalhood, but she never forgot her playmate. As a songbird rested on the branch above her in the tree, Inspiration decided to lie down and rest till he arrived. Spring was an exciting time in its arrival even if the leaves were just stretching slowly after a long winter's sleep. The patch, Inspiration decided to rest upon, had grown in with hints of soft moss to cushion her. It seemed magical how the snow never invaded this lush spot. It was of course her favorite place since she met Mikhail years ago. "Maybe, just a little nap" she murmured closing her eyes as the birds and breeze sang a soft lullaby in her head. When she would awake, Mikhail would be standing over her like the moment they met as foals.

WC: 237

Kesmi

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:05 pm
Stepping through the last stand of trees that fenced the river's edge. He stopped a moment and looked around, he could sense that someone else was there. Ears forward and head lowered a little he walked along the edge of the river. He was on the opposing side of the river, but he wouldn't take long for him to make a path across. Huffing softly he noticed a familiar cream colored body laying beneath a tree. It was bigger then the last time he had seen her, but the cascading dark lavender hair was something that caught his eye.

"So, this is where she is at." He grinned, looking around he nosed at what little snow was on the ground into a half hearted ball.

He was a foal again making snowballs just to throw them at trees. But he did have memories of having fun with the mare as well. Looking the snowball at his hooves, Mikhail squinted across the river. It was a little bit of a distance, but a sly grin crossed his face. Turning slightly, he swung his tail to throw the ball towards Inspiration.

"In coming!" He shouted as he watched the arc of the ball. He wasn't sure if it would completely make it to the mare, but it would hit close enough.

Over head, the dark colored owl had her sights on one of the songbirds that were twittering. Drifting whisper quiet, she extended her claws. Soot caught one of the birds before it could flee with the rest. Its shrilled shriek cut off as Soot did what owls do best. Eat.

WC: 269
Rein_Carnation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:38 pm
User Image

Inspiration turned into singing as the songbirds were gathering. in the tree above her. Such a sweet melody that soon sounded like something had squeezed the life out of it. Slowly, her eyes allowed the filtered light to open followed by a yawn. Then she heard a shout as water splashed not too far from her. Stumbling she rose to her feet looking around to see who made a commotion. The first thing capturing her attention was the flapping wings of a rather large avian. An owl? She squinted her eyes finally seeing what she was suspected of, Soot! Now, fully awoke she knew who threw that darn snowball. Shaking herself from head to tail, Inspiration laughed, "You missed" She laughed remembering how much he pranked her as foals. "Two can play at that game" she whispered to herself heading out where the snow was still lingering spatially.

From there, she began rolling a snowball till it was a rather nice size. Then she looked around carefully for her target flicking an ear she heard someone moving around by the riverbank, "There you are" she grinned tossing her head, mane swirling around her. Making her way toward him, Inspiration hid not too far from her target. Turning herself around, Inspiration prepared to launch her outgoing attack. Right rear foot poised she stood idle then kicked the snowball shouting, "Incoming! Right back at you"! Then she trotted behind a tree waiting for him to start searching for her.

WC: 247

Kesmi

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:31 pm
The snowball had missed, but it had gotten the effect he had been wanting, the sleepy head was awake. Chuckling to himself, Mikhail wove this way and that as to try and make himself a harder target to hit. Though his efforts weren't that successful as his rump was struck with the snowball. Dramatically reared up and flopping to one side into a thicket he lets out, "Oh you wound me!"

It was of course just an act, but it might have been a convincing on as he didn't exit the thicket that he had fallen and vanished within. In fact Mikhail had slipped out the back of the thicket and behind a stand of trees. It was here he stood watching to see if Inspiration would cross the river to see where he had gone. Tail flicking to the side Mikhail would wait.

Where as Soot was occupied with eating the songbird she had caught, letting the adult foals have their fun. She might have made a quip against the two, but food was food. But she was also used to the antics of the Mare and Stallion. Having watched them both more or less grow up together, she was well aware of what mat be happening.

wc: 208

Rein_Carnation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:08 pm
User Image

Inspiration grinned knowing he was up to his usual tactics again. Returning to her umbrella she picked up the handle in her teeth and then hurried to cross the river. Moving downstream from her fallen adversary, She trotted through the shallow water making her entry on the other side of the river. Cautiously, she moved toward her target ready to scare the wits out of him. The snow was still deep in some spots letting her use her hooves to make a rather large snowball that moved smoothly till it got to be just right. "All you have to do is make a noise. Then I got you" She laughed silently so no one could hear her. Head swaying in different directions, she tried picking up movement. Gripping the umbrella securely in her teeth, she moved stealthily trying not to be too ambitious in wanting to see him again. Then she saw hoof prints ahead. "There you are" she whispered her hooves pushing the snowball with her hooves till it remained stuck in place. Tilting her head she sighed and then called out to Mikhail, "Days don't last as long as they did when we were foals. Haven't seen you in ages. Come out so I can show you my rainbow" she mused.

WC: 213

Kesmi

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:38 pm
Mikhail had shifted through the trees, his steps as quiet as they could be. The thickets scratched against his hide, but barely rustled a leaf. Whisper quiet he followed Inspiration as she crossed the river where it was more shallow. Grinning to himself he continued moving through the shadows, as much as his lavender coat would allow him. Stopping a moment as he heard the mare say something before moving on. He edged ever closer to the tree line making sure that he was going to exit out behind her.

Hoping to sneak up behind her, his head coming up close to her ear. "But I thought you were the rainbow." He whispered, a grin twisting his muzzle. Backing up a step he continued, "And I was the shadow who could only look on from a distance."

wc: 137
Rein_Carnation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:16 pm
User Image

Inspiration wasn't expecting him to move that close to her, that fast. She couldn't have lied to anyone when Inspiration spooked a tad. Heart beating out of her chest, Inspiration stamped a hoof. "About time you crawl out from the shadows", she laughed swinging her umbrella to shoo him back a bit.
Then she turned to look at the rowdy colt she had befriended when she was just a filly. He'd grown so tall and handsome in her eyes. Devious as anything but, still saw her as his cherished rainbow. They had met when Muse was playing with her imaginary friend. Inspiration remembered that incoming snowball from Mikhail accompanied by a small owlet named Soot. From that moment on they were inseparable till the heavy winters sent them in different directions. Now, they were together yet again, much larger in life and dare she say magical. "Look at you calling me a rainbow. I'm more Inspiration". She laughed tossing her head, the soft forelock moving from her eyes. Her defense being a fly buzzed in her ear when the truth was a better look at Mikhai. "It's been forever. How have you been Bestie of the Shadows? What have you been up to? " she mused moving in closer to play n** his strong neck. "I've been just finding things of interest to build up my stories and projects". Turning her head she smiled, "I see Soot has grown as we both have".

WC" 242

Kesmi

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:45 pm
Mikhail could only chuckle at the antics of the mare as she nipped at him. Soot sat, still in the tree, watching the two as she had finished her meal. Setting to pruning her feathers she continued to ignore the pair.

"Me? I still hunt for that which is cursed. The one who bestowed those who wish the means of being cursed." He spoke vaguely, his wish to be like his mother still strong as ever.

He had looked up to Neva when she had found his basket alone that chilly day. Neva, the cursed bat shifter was a ruthless parent. It caused his defiant personality. He wanted to be just like her, but then meeting Inspiration, wanted to stay as he was. As he had grown, Mikhail sought out the human who carried the cursed powder that could grant him a pelt.

"What about you? Found any other stallion so sweet you off your hooves?" he asks, a hint of a possessiveness in his voice.

wc: 166

Rein_Carnation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:30 pm
User Image

Inspiration had been entranced in his presence slightly hearing his words. As if the light were entwined in the darkness, her heart wasn't much different for him. As foals, they would've of done anything to be with one another. Now, standing in his presence she felt herself shimmer like a glorious rainbow as it neared the looming shadows. Her ears picked up on his final question first before his current life search would kick in. Immediately, she blushed turning away from Mikail feeling sadness no other stallion wanted to court her. Yet, she smiled, "You know me Mikail. I'm just a free spirit just living life". she mused. "To tell you the truth though" she began, "I always hoped it would be you to ask me. I know we met as foals but, well...." she sighed then her mind skidded back to what he previously said.

Eyes widening, Inspiration shivered realizing what Mikhail responded to her. Suddenly, she grew afraid as if the birds, the sun, and the breeze just dissipated into nothingness. "Mikhail" she spoke softly, tilting her head, "How long have you been keeping such a dark ambitious secret from me?" Inspiration had heard of shifters and the terror they befell on the Soquili in their nightmares "If you become cursed... you'll forget who I am. I... love you....as you are!" Her usual happiness was solemn now, tears in her eyes. Once he was cursed to wear the pelt, he would become a monster. She couldn't lose him for good! "Mikhail, Is that what you desire? To lose me to madness? Such a vile secret for Inspiration to fathom. Tears began forming in her eyes, "Tell me... is this what you truly want?"

WC: 285

Kesmi

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:44 pm
Mikhail couldn't look Inspiration in the eyes as tears formed within her own. He knew this was something he always kept to himself, the burden that he would shoulder even after he was truly cast to shadow and nightmare. But there were those who survived the madness and came back to those they loved. He would hope that this was something that could happen to himself as well. Ears pinning backwards his sides heaved as he sighed looking back at the mare.

"It is something that I have wanted since I was a foal. My mother, Neva, is a bat shifter. She raised me to become something like herself." He absently glanced towards Soot who was perched above, her dull eyes watching them. "You are my friend, the one I do wish to be with, but this is a burden for myself to bear." He turned away a bit, his gaze looking skywards. "We had drifted apart for many seasons. I always feared that someone else might come and win your heart, that the other stallions would stop pining for your sister and see you for the beauty that you are."

His gaze shifted back to Inspiration as he wandered closer to her, wrapping his head over her shoulders in a way to try and hug her. "I do wish for you to be by my side. My friend. My love. There are just some things I need to do before I can commit to these feelings. These needs that tie us together." He pulled away from her, his nose hovering close to her as he stared into her watery eyes. "If I do fall into madness. Seek an Angeni, they will know what to do."

WC:286

Rein_Carnation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:57 pm
User Image

His words were hard to swallow as Inspiration felt betrayed at the moment, hurt even. She had never known that he was raised by a bat shifter all these years. Why hadn't he told her this... Ever?! They were best friends, they had done everything together till the storms sent them to different areas. Inspiration couldn't deny that Ishe was hurt, Angry, Scared even. But, his heart was still functioning as he laid his head over her shoulder expressing his love for her. It was comforting but, she still was afraid of a secret this dark lurking for him like a wolf stalking its prey. She sighed as his deep-shadowed eyes looked into her confused, hurt orbs.

"Muse always had suitors, she was just too naive to realize how pretty she was. Later, that imaginary friend turned out to be an actual Angeni. A very rude, vain one that had hurt my sister time after time. Eventually, Muse wished for a star, being granted someone who saw her as a gem, not a play toy" She spoke solemnly, 'I've always been her shadow till you showed me, I was much more than that. Pushing her head toward him, she moved in for her hug as if his words were consoling. She indeed loved him, as he loved her which made her heart beat once more. His dark secret could mean death but, Inspiration knew that she was his rock, a rainbow that lit up the darkness.

"I can't stop you from pursuing what you desire, but, if you are truthful in saying you want to be with me..." she paused sniffling as her tears stopped sliding down her cheeks, "Then I shall be your rainbow in this dark time. I forgive you for never telling me about your mother. Perhaps it was for the best, for both of us". Inspiration looked upward as the rain began to slowly fall downward as if even the clouds felt her emotions, "I will do what I can to help you through this. As long as you will always keep your promise..." she paused, " that even if you get what you want, you won't ever forget me".

WC: 363

Kesmi

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:07 pm
"I plan to prove to my mother that I can be strong like her. Perhaps even better, time will tell." Mikhail said grimly, feeling that when he has become cursed, things might go the wrong way. "I also do this so that I can be a more fearsome protector. Even if I bear the skin of another, who would really triffle with a shifter?" He asked with a bit of a grin.

Shaking his head, the rain started to fall and soak into his mane. Shaking his head, his light colored mane clung to his coat as he stepped closer to Inspiration, wishing he had wings to protect her from the rain. Sure she had her small colorful thing, but that didn't seem to be big enough to cover her as a whole. "For now and until I find the one who is cursed, we shall be together. I don't plan on leaving you behind, not to the cruelties of this world. I will be forever yours, no matter what happens."

wc: 171

Rein_Carnation

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces