Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
People, please....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:30 pm
Whenever I look at the threads in this guild, almost every single one seems to be a quote and/or complaint about illiterates in the outside forums. Now, we all share these complaints. We all came here to get away from it. So why are you all dragging it into here? We've already established that we don't like these txt-tlking idiots, so can we please stop wasting time and threads with near-identical quotes from the forums? Please, you're all supposed to be intelligent, literate people. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:19 pm
Hmm... True. But hey, it's always fun to make fun of people who can't spell with people who can, ne?  

Jolly Rotten

Chocolate Latte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:16 am
'Cause we like to make fun of the posts..?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:27 am
Because we can insult the posts, and no one will try to stop us.  

lola_siannodel

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:46 am
It's all in good fun. I don't have a problem with it. It's nice to have a place to vent and compare notes on the horrors we witness on the forums.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:27 pm
yeah, it's nice to talk to people who actually notice mistakes!  

KiraLight

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:00 am
Hmm... True, but it's kind of fun to butcher up people for being idiotic. twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:31 am
Yes indeed, it is. twisted  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Transiberian Orchestra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:02 am
I don't typically do that, but I do agree that these people can achieve some sort of backbone.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:06 pm
Shinobi 1977
It's all in good fun. I don't have a problem with it. It's nice to have a place to vent and compare notes on the horrors we witness on the forums.
Then we should make one thread for people to rant about illiterate posts, instead of having NOTHING ELSE filling up the entire bloody forum! We're supposed to be the literates here, not grammar Nazi's insulting people behind their back!  

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

WellThen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:29 pm
DarkElf27
Shinobi 1977
Then we should make one thread for people to rant about illiterate posts, instead of having NOTHING ELSE filling up the entire bloody forum! We're supposed to be the literates here, not grammar Nazi's insulting people behind their back!

I actually fully agree. Well, I suppose the best I could do from here is to simply stop posting in those, and that's what I'll do.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:32 pm
Agreed. We shouldn't search for those who slaughter our language, but I still like laughing at horribly written texts.  

Zealot of Insanity

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:43 pm
This thread is actually rather out of date, considering we dedicated a subforum to Txt Tlk complaints. I'll lock it now...  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games