Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
The English dub of Seisouhen made me cry.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer?
  English dub
  Subbed
View Results

LustrousJade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:00 am
Let us not include the fact that I cry everytime I watch the cursed oav.

I heart Shanon Weaver's voice.

Earlier today, I watched the english dubbed version of Sei~ for the first time. Kenshin's voice was smexy and all but Kaoru's the rest were a bit off (le gasp!) Especially Enishi's. Megumi's voice was just too sweet for the role.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:22 pm
Just thinking about See Sow Hen makes me want to cry, but I digress.

The dubbing job of both OVAs was awful. They pronounced Tomoe as to-moh. Ugh! It's to-mo-ay! There are no silent vowels in Japanese, people! Baka dubbers!  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:38 pm
yeah... i have it on DVD and i havent been able to watch all of it and not cry yet, it's just too dam sad, and i've only seen the english dubbed so i cant really say anything  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:59 am
Rargh! Need to get those! gonk I really want to see how they did dubbing it!  

Miwaslover

LustrousJade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:35 am
Don't even think of spending money on the dubbed version..soo not worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:49 am
I prefer just about everything but Cowboy Bebop subbed. Though I guess oce you really get used to something dubbed its kinda hard to like the subbed... and visa versa... #_#  

Sky~Samurai

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:05 pm
Subtitled is ALWAYS better to watch. Look what the baka dubbers did to Sailor Moon...it wasn't that dumb in Japan!! domokun  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:47 pm
I'm confused what was the seishousen or whatever I'm confused... can someone explain it to me...  

NkGuy

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:24 pm
Seisouhen is Sony's version of the end of RuroKen. It consists of a bunch of recaps of the series (Kaoru meeting Kenshin, Kenshin fighting Jinei, Shishio, etc.). After they return from Kyoto, Enishi strikes. Kenshin tells Kaoru about Tomoe and Kaoru runs away crying. Later on, Enishi swoops in and takes Kaoru hostage, leaving a note on the dojo gate that says "Jinchuu". Kenshin goes alone to Enishi's island and beats him in a sword fight. Then he prostrates himself before Enishi and offers his life in exchange for Kaoru's. Kaoru shields Kenshin with her body and Enishi sees a spectral Tomoe floating over Kenshin, which indicates to him that Neesan doesn't want Battousai killed.

Not long after, Megumi informs Kensin that he must give up HMR or he'll die. Kensin marries Kaoru and they have Kenji a year later. When Kenji is two or three, he gives the Sakabatou to Yahiko for his genpuku (coming of age ceremony at 15 years old). Not long after that, Kenshin feels the urge to wander again so he can "walk the spiritual path and suffer as he made others suffer". Kaoru tells him to go ahead and she'll be waiting patiently for him.

Thus begins a decade or more of wandering. Kenshin is gone for months at a time. Kaoru goes every day to the docks to see if he comes back. When he does come back, he's only home for a few days before leaving again to help the sick, quell uprisings, etc. (all without a sword or even a bokken for defense). During this time, little Kenji grows to resent his father's absence and the heartbreak it causes his mother.

When Kenji is about 12 or 13, Kenshin returns, infected with a lethal disease that he picked up while "atoning". Kaoru asks him to sleep with her so she can "share his pain". Kenshin resists at first, but eventually gives in. They sleep together and he infects her with the disease. He also asks Kaoru not to call him Kenshin anymore, but his childhood name Shinta since he's no longer a swordsman. Kenji, seeing that he's soon going to be an orphan runs away to Kyoto train in HMR under Hiko so he can "surpass his father".

Kenshin leaves again, this time for China, to assist in the Sino-Japanese War. While enroute to his destination, there's a storm at sea and Kenshin falls overboard. He washes up on shore (miraculously, he's alive!) and is found by our old buddy Sanosuke. Sano can't believe the bad shape his best friend is in. He nurses Kenshin back to health by feeding him a tiger's liver, then sets him on a boat back home so he can spend his last days with Kaoru.

Meanwhile, Yahiko (now in his 30s) goes to Kyoto to try and convince Kenji to come home because Kaoru is alone and dying. Kenji doesn't want to because he knows it's not he that Kaoru is waiting for at home. Yahiko and Kenji then duel. Yahiko wins, but gives Kenji the Sakabatou in the hopes that it'll let him understand his dad better.

Kenji does return home and patches things up with his mom. I can't remember if he ever sees his dad again or not. At the end, Kaoru is lying in bed on her last legs. Suddenly she gets this feeling. She jumps out of bed and goes hobbling down the path from the dojo. She meets up with a clearly dying Kenshin, right at the very place that he said "sayonara" to her when he left for Kyoto 20 years earlier.

Kenshin says, "Tadaima" (I'm home) and collapses in Kaoru's arms. Kaoru says, "Okerinasai, Shinta". (Welcome home, Shinta). She looks down and realizes that he has died. Also, the cruciform scar is completely closed up. She dies then too.

A few years later, we see a now grown Kenji and a girl who looks suspiciously like Kaoru walking by the place where his parents died. Kenji smiles and says that today will be a beautiful day.

That's Sony's version of things. The manga version simply ends with them all having a picnic together and getting a letter from Sano saying that he'll be home soon. No mention is made of Kenshin leaving to wander again, going to China, dying or anything else. I stick with the manga version of events. Believe whatever you prefer.  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games