The history of FF Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mariku -- Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:51 am
I watched it, actually. I wanted to play, but my friends brother denied me XD

I need to get ahold of it >_< I adore Nero.

The taste of sexy....hmmm....I'm not entirely sure what it tasted like either XD

Well, I imagine that fruit tasted more of pickles than sexy.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:00 am
your friend's brother sucks!! scream

I think Nero's a dork... blaugh he's so angsty....

fruit tasted more of pickles?? ... I think I'm a little lost...  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Mariku -- Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:41 am
Indeed >O

Aaaagh, I left out a word. I meant I imagine that THE fruit tasted more of pickles than sexy. Because it's Sephirothic Fruit, and Sephy is pickles, yes?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:59 am
OH!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

yeah, that makes more sense! LOl!! I totally can bet that Sephirothic fruit tastes pickled! xd  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Glein

O.G. Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:42 pm
hell, alot of that s**t on sepheroth is compiled by many fans trying to make sense of the gaps that gemers inadvertantly leave... but you think Sepheroth is one tough SOB? Guess again... Kefka, Crica. Final Fantasy 6, (3 in the orignal US translation for the super nintendo) was not only a confirmed nutcase, but he was a smart nutcase. The entire time in the world of balance, you think it's Emperor Geshtal who is running the show, but in fact, Kefka's running it behind the scenes, all to gain the ulitmate power of the Warring Traid, who is composed of Goddess, Demon, and Fiend, the creators of both Magic and the Espers (summons/beings made entirely from magicite). Well when he does, the World of Balance is wrecked, and ends up becoming the World of Ruin. Your party, which comprises of Terra , the Half-Esper, Locke, the protective theif, Cyan, the Samurai of the Kingdom of Doma, Shadow, the Assassin, Edward, King of Figaro, Sabin, Edward's brother and the Monk, Celes the Rune Knight, formerly of the Empire of Gesthal, Strago the Blue Mage

(will be finished, dad is setting up wireless router and i'll be offline for a short period...)  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:26 am
I've mentioned Kefka on numerous occasions. To me, the biggest factor in favor of Kefka being a better villain is that Sephiroth sort of tried to become a god, but Kefka succeeded. He destroyed the world, and ruled over the ashes. Sephiroth was killed by a punk kid with an adrenaline surge throwing him into a reactor.

Alright, that didn't quite kill him, but Kefka would never have put himself into a situation like that, because he's not overconfident. He ran away from battles he knew he couldn't win, used trickery, treachery, poison, and illusion to fight his enemies, and generally was an evil SoB you loved to hate.

Sephiroth was almost too cool to hate, plus he's completely insane, and out of touch with reality, so it's hard to hold him completely responsible for his actions. He thought he was killing 'the enemy' when he turned on humanity.  

The demon Angel
Crew

Glein

O.G. Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:05 pm
I agree entirely, i mean, Kefka is so much better, he's also one of hte few FINAL BOSSES in the Final Fantasy games that his whole combat list is comprise ONLY of over the top magic... Heartless Angel? yea, instant drop to 1 HP and 0 MP along with resetting your action timer... that hurt like hell, not to mention he also the most number of forms in combat... you fight him twice in the World of Balance, and then you go though about 5 forms towered ontop of one another, the final one being himself in GODMODE... Hate to say it Seph, but compared to Kefka, your just some angesty teen who acts more emo then ya look... Hence one of hte many reasons I prefare the old sprite based games over the 3-D ones... better stories, and look at what 6 crammed in... it had nearly twice the story, almost as many side-quests, as Final Fantasy 7 did, and it did it on one cartrage, other then 3-4 disks...

Also, to finish what I started, Strago the Blue Mage, watches over Relm, the Painter, who happens to be the daugther of Shadow, Sezter the Gambler, (who they did s**t poor on in KH II), Mog the Moogle, Gau the Feral Youth, Gogo the Mime (my guess is as a tribute to FF V), then Umaro the Yeti... They are all fighting for differing reasons, and come from all walks of life. Although, the line Kefka gives at the start of the final fight is just plain hilarius: "GAH! You all sound like qoutes from a self-help book!" This was said to what the 12 people you had fighting him in the final series of fights were willing to fight and die for.... Also, the story behind each of the characters was better done, well thought out, while in 7, they were so full of holes, and the story made me more lost then a Chocobo wants to run...

Personally, I feel SquareSoft/Enix has lost their touch with what made their games great... Deep story's, realistic characters, and a willingness to push the boundries of the imagination... Nowadays, it just feels like pretty carbon copies of the same old used story, characters, and a lack of true invovation, though I won't give that to FF XII... but the combat in that one did in fact suck...  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:01 am
Well, I agree with some of that, but also feel compelled to point out a few things. Firstly, the final boss was not multiple forms of Kefka. They were a group of powerful espers, and deities followed by the Warring Triad, and topped off by Kefka's god form, which you fight only once during that progression. The other times you fight Kefka in the world of balance, you're actually fighting an illusion. So you only ever fight Kefka once in the whole game, but it IS one heck of a fight.

Gogo was a tribute to FFV, the boss Gilgamesh, and the 'Clash on the Big Bridge'. You can also see a return appearance of Gilgamesh in final fantasy 8 if you have Odin before you fight Seiffer in the Lunatic Pandora.

Some of the characters in 6 were really well written, with really deep back stories, but not all of them. Setzer was kind of plain (even if he was very cool), as were Mog, Umaro, and Gogo. Of the rest some were done better than the others as well. But 6 did have the highest total count of playable characters of any final fantasy game to date, so I guess it's understandable if they didn't have time to flesh them all out superbly well.

Lastly, gaps in the story does not necessarily mean a bad story. Afterall, it was those gaps, and loose ends in Final Fantasy 7 which made that story perfect for revisiting in Last Order, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis, and Crisis Core (with possibly more to come). So in the end, those difficult to understand aspects of the story gave rise to some of the greatest side stories, sequels, and characters in Final Fantasy history.

6 was awesome, but 6 didn't create Vincent Valentine, or Materia, or SOLDIER, or the First Tsurugi, or JENOVA. Seven may have had it's down points, but it gave us some truly awesome things as well. I still think the Materia system was the coolest, and funnest RPG game mechanic I've ever seen. It's a shame DoC, and CC don't really do materia justice.  

The demon Angel
Crew

JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas