Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[GUIDE] Meditation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonlitAquaSoul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:57 pm
I tried the meditation where you are supposed to find your magical symbol and it didn't really work like i though it would. i'm scared that if I try to meet my goddess I will lose my focus and mess it up. Any advice?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:37 pm
I don't think that you need to worry too much about messing it up. Even if you lose focus - the worst thing would be that you will "wake up". If you don't feel comfortable or ready to do the meditation, then the best advice I can give is to wait until you feel ready. Most often our God/Goddess will be revealed when the time is right, while taking a meditation journey is an excellent way to actively seek these revelations - we should always wait until we feel completely comfortable doing so.

Quote:
you can't really 'open' your chakras... if they were closed, you couldn't have any worries nore happiness... it would be like-- lifeless. lol The only two chakras you can actually open are the third eye and the crown.

Chakras are energy centers in our bodies (like a substation). They are responsible for directing the flow of energy to all parts of our bodies. They can and do become blocked and in severe cases can shut down - this is part of what causes illness and disease. Meditation and energy work (like Reiki and Healing Touch) are excellent ways to help keep your Chakras open and the energy flowing freely throughout the body. This applies to all the chakras - not just a couple of them.

Great book to check out for more info: Wheels of Life by Judith Anodea  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Rainbow Holocaust

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:58 pm
I would personally like a little more information on opening your chakras. The suggestion about imagining them as rosebuds would probably help greatly but any other tips or tricks would be great.

I've always had problems with concentrating and meditating, so I'm hoping that this will really send me in the right direction!

Also, what kind of thoughts or feelings are best to focus on?

I'm sorry for all of the questions, but I would really appreciate the help!  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:41 pm
The following is a meditation you can use to help clear any blockages that may be present in your chakras. Your chakras are energy centers in your body that correspond to certain aspect of our physical/mental health. When these centers are blocked illness can occur. There are 7 major chakras centers in the body. Each one has its own color and it’s own purpose (the following is a general list of associations, more details can be found at the following link http://www.sacredcenters.com/chakras.html ):

1. Base (or perineum chakra), its color is red. It controls the legs, feet, bones, large intestine, and adrenal glands.
2. Sacral, its color is orange. It controls the reproductive system, kidneys and lower back.
3. Solar plexus (or stomach chakra), its color is yellow. It controls the digestive system, liver and gall bladder.
4. Heart, its color is green. It controls the lungs, heart, circulatory system, arms and hands.
5. Throat, its color is blue. It controls the throat, ears, mouth, shoulders and neck.
6. Brow, its color is indigo. It controls the eyes, base of the skull and the brow.
7. Crown, its color is violet. It controls the central nervous system and cerebral cortex.

When you are ready - begin:
Sit/lay down in a comfortable position...close your eyes...remember to take slow, deep breaths

Quote:
breath in...and breathe out...and in again...notice the endless cycle...breathing in...and breathing out...and in again... and with every breath that you let out...breathe out all of your stress, your cares, your concerns and your worries...and breathe in the calm, the peaceful, the relaxation... breathe out all the negative, dark energies that have been dragging you down...and breathe in the positive light...breathe in...breathe out...breathe in and fill your body with warm glowing light... feel your body completely relax as you let all your stress drift away...take a few moments and simply breathe

when you are ready...imagine your body...and on your body there are 7 circles...each one is an energy center, a sub-station, that allows the life energy that is in all of us to flow freely through the body...stop now for a moment...and look at the big picture...take a quick snapshot and note what is happening in each circle... when all is well, each one should be bright - with energy swirling and rotating as it flows through...note any that seem dark, or any that are blocked or seem sluggish...take a few moments and observe yourself...attune yourself to the energy flow within your body

when you are ready...imagine a pure white light flowing up from the ground and flowing into your body through your feet...this is a warm, healing light - one which brings positive energies into the body and helps to clear out any blockages that you may have... when you are ready, the white light moves up your legs and into your first chakra - your base...pause for a few moments until the energy has merged and the chakra point is rotating and bright... when you are ready, the white light moves up to your sacral chakra...pause here until the energy has merged and the chakra point is rotating and bright... when you are ready, the white light moves up to your solar plexus chakra...pause here until the energy has merged and the chakra point is rotating and bright... when you are ready, the white light moves up to your heart chakra...pause here until the energy has merged and the chakra point is rotating and bright... when you are ready, the white light moves up to your throat chakra...pause here until the energy has merged and the chakra point is rotating and bright... when you are ready the white light moves up to your brow chakra...pause here until the energy has merged and the chakra point is rotating and bright... when you are ready the white light moves up to your crown chakra...pause here until the energy has merged and the chakra point is rotating and bright... when you are ready the white light flows out of the top of your head like a fountain and it's pure healing light rains down on your body and then flows back into the earth...

take a few moments now and observe yourself again...notice the how the energy in each chakra is flowing more freely...how each is bright with color and rotating with the energy that is swirling through your body... when you are ready you may open your eyes feeling recharged and refreshed.

You can use this meditation any time you need to recharge. If you have specific chakras that have strong blockages, it can take several "recharges" before it will become completely unblocked and you may need to pause at those chakra points for a little longer before the energy will begin to flow through the blockage.

NOTE: You can adpat this meditation however works best for you. Usually when I am clearing my chakras - I'm only focusing on feeling the energy moving and the flow of energy. Otherwise my mind is fairly clear of any other thoughts.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Rainbow Holocaust

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:10 pm
That's a little more useful, because of it's specificness.
I have a hard time clearing my mind, or focusing on one thing at a time, so concentrating just on the energy flow could be useful.
When using a protective shield (my friends and I call them bubbles lol) I concentrate on the energy, and that alone is difficult enough.

You guys are a great help!  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:27 pm
Bubbles are great - I use them all the time. I know that if I'm in a bubble everything is covered!  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Rainbow Holocaust

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:39 pm
What would you all describe the flow of energy as feeling like? I'm learning more and more to tune myself in to it's existance in my body, and just allowing myself to feel that flow is a pleasant experience.

I don't know if it's the same for you, but if I'm in an incredibly bad place mentally or emotionally, I just can't feel it. I'm still feeling around in the dark about a lot of this, but wouldn't that be because my chakras would be backing up?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:52 pm
Usually when I work with my chakras, I can either see them swirling (in my mind), or can feel a slight swirling motion in my body (sometimes makes me slightly dizzy). Some people may only get vague impressions, it will probably vary a bit with each person.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Fairytale Endings

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:11 am
User Image
Thank you for this guide, it really helped me!

*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff