Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
A costume for your viewing pleasure

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

firrantello

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:05 am
For the book opening and Halloween, I came up with TWO Slytherin costumes, one for my boyfriend and one for me.

I <3 my boyfriend... so Draco-ish biggrin

I bought the ties from Wizard Ties, which, though a little more expensive than most people want to pay, is totally worth the money as they are really nice quality silk.
Patch comes from Patch Palace. Attached with snaps on the back to the robe, which is an old graduation robe bought on e-bay and modified by folding the zipper over to create a hem. A lightweight frog for the clasp, and you have a HP robe.
His clothes are his own from a dress suit. I bought my skirt at French Toast (you can PM me if you have questions about which one exactly).

So, now the pictures (there are more - and bigger! - at my flickr account, if you're really interested, PM me and I can send you a URL):
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:19 am
heart . Just... heart  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

firrantello

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:16 pm
@Peppermint : Thanks!

I just realized I accidentally flipped a picture. Whoops *goes to fix it*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:29 pm
The costumes look wonderfull..  

atticus_blackwolf

Jehnaier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:44 pm
Those are great!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:36 pm
@atticus_blackwolf: thanks!

@Jehnaier: teehee, thank you 4laugh  

firrantello

anneadeline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:45 am
Those are great! They look very Harry Potter-ish!
I just wore a cape and a HP t-shirt when I went. For the next one I may have to dress up more though.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:10 pm
Thanks! We both have cloaks that would work well with them too, but it was too warm to wear those, or the sweaters I fixed up to go with the costumes. If I'd had a t-shirt, I probably would have worn it under the dress shirt and pulled the top layers off partway through (stores, even with air conditioners, do get warm when they're packed with people)  

firrantello

Tonaire

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:19 pm
Cool costumes!!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:49 pm
you look like my friend Lindsay ^^

and I already know you two are one of the cutest couples on the face of the earth... but awwwwwwwww heart beautiful job putting the costumes together!

Now I should introduce you to my ex and his current girlfriend's little sister's best friend and her boyfriend. You have a trio that has won over 10 lookalike contests together as Harry, Hermione, and Ron (respectively)

BWAHAHAHA, I dated Harry Potter :snickers: Seriously, kids stopped us at a theater once and asked him for autographs, it was insane!  

Kiareii

Seeker

firrantello

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:15 pm
Kiareii
you look like my friend Lindsay ^^

and I already know you two are one of the cutest couples on the face of the earth... but awwwwwwwww heart beautiful job putting the costumes together!

Now I should introduce you to my ex and his current girlfriend's little sister's best friend and her boyfriend. You have a trio that has won over 10 lookalike contests together as Harry, Hermione, and Ron (respectively)

BWAHAHAHA, I dated Harry Potter :snickers: Seriously, kids stopped us at a theater once and asked him for autographs, it was insane!

You make me happy. I seem to look like a lot of different people, depending on the day and outfit. Oh well biggrin
I'm chaning from Slytherin to Hufflepuff for the next round of openings. Whee. Trying to decide if I want to get a second sweater and do the Hufflepuff colors or just rip out the Slytherin colors on the sweater neck I have now (and either restitch it or just leave it plain)
o_O lookalikes? weird. formedsmoke gets fangirled by weird fangirls about looking like Draco.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:34 pm
Those costumes are fabulous! I keep wanting to do a Ravenclaw costume, but I have it in my head that I must knit my own sweater, scarf, and knee socks. Yeah, right. wink

Don't grad robes make the best Hogwarts robes? I was so excited when my college grad robes this year were black - my high school robes were white and would have made really bad HP robes. smile  

wingedorange

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:39 pm
I suppose I'm lucky. Both my high school and college grad gowns were black. I was tempted to wear mine, but well... it was a bit warm to dress up. crying

I did sit there and knit a Bookscarf while waiting in line. I got TONS of comments. (However, most were "How can you knit something that small??? eek Can you even see the stitches?? gonk " Mostly I just told them it was a Reducio charm so that my knitting was more portable and that it would a normal sized scarf when I Engorgio'd it when I was done.) sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:18 pm
i wish i had worn graduation robes. no, i had to buy ones, our HS has guys wear suits and girls wear white dresses (stupid private prep schools never think how PALE GIRLS look in WHITE... not pretty xd )
but yeah, they do make great robes. and easy to alter.
@Peppermint: that's great to use the charms biggrin

firrantello

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces