Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[DISCUSSION] Spirit Animals Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

achilles_tendencies

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:33 pm
Some people have many spirit animal guides, as the journy through life takes us differnt places, we need differnt forms of guidence, that is usually when another spirit guide will manifest. Sometimes it is an animal we feel affinity for, other times it is a message from the universe telling us something is missing, or giving us a push in the right direction.
For a while I was seeing humming birds everywhere, they would get caught in our sky light on the porch, and they would come and tapp on my window, it was weird, the middle of winter.

I'm not saying that every random animal sighting is a message, but you should be open for patterns.

If you are interested in spirit animal meditations, you could research books on them at your local library, or there is a web site that I find very useful that I can give you. Not just for spirit guides, but it has alot of reference material. Drop me a note and let me know if you want it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:01 pm
Dianda Panda
I don't know what my spirit animal could be.

I have a big obsession for cats and panda's.

A meditation for spirit animals?

This video helped:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ppUi06y3Y  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:19 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Dianda Panda

This video helped:
Looks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ppUi06y3Y
Looks like a good guide.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:28 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Dianda Panda

This video helped:
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ppUi06y3Y

I dunno, man. That same woman thinks you can make a witch's bottle with a handful of herbs and some glitter. Literally, she lists glitter or 'something sparkly' as an ingredient.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus
Dianda Panda

This video helped:

I dunno, man. That same woman thinks you can make a witch's bottle with a handful of herbs and some glitter. Literally, she lists glitter or 'something sparkly' as an ingredient.

Unh. Mine has hair, broken glass, pins, needles, nails, menstrual blood, urine, and a raven's feather in it. Something tells me she means more sparkly than glass shards covered in piss. twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:01 am
Morgandria
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus
Dianda Panda

This video helped:

Unh. Mine has hair, broken glass, pins, needles, nails, menstrual blood, urine, and a raven's feather in it. Something tells me she means more sparkly than glass shards covered in piss. twisted
Whaaat? gonk  

pompoennetje

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:03 am
Dianda Panda

Whaaat? gonk

Standard witch bottle ingredients.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:36 am
Dianda Panda
Morgandria

Whaaat? gonk

Yup. You find witchbottles made the traditional way that had these sorts of things in them inside old building foundations and whatnot in various parts of Europe, that are hundreds of years old. They're supposed to repel certain spirits, and confuse others, as well as a promise of retribution for those who violate your boundaries. If they don't have some sort of personal material - hair, blood, urine, etc. - they're sort of useless, since they won't mark your territory at all. It's really what a witchbottle is - a device buried along the foundation of your home, that marks it as yours. Since you don't want anyone to find the witchbottle anyway, you bury it someplace where it won't be found, and unseen as you do so.

But a lot of modern people are squicked by it, so don't bother with the old ways...and while I guess there's something for the idea of a 'witchbottle' as a protective object as some kind, it's not the same as the traditional variety. I mean - if you're burying the thing anyway, why does it have to be sparkly?
I don't think they're the same things, the old witchbottle, and the new ones.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas