Otherkin? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:10 am
True, just as there is a reason for us taking a human form in this life, there is a reason for remembering a past life or lives. This may be because we learned something important, we are continuing a lesson, or something else. It is up to each individual that is affected to figure that out.

However, it is important to not let these feelings consume. My first example is that of the Pacific Northwest's Cat Man, who is surgically transforming himself into a feline. While he may feel this is the best way to connect with his true self, it is in my educated opinion that he is not addressing the lessons of feeling like a human and the like.

My second example concerns strong feelings in general and what harm they can do if not delt with properly. Again, in my home area, a women felt so storngly about her infant son not having an operation that she attempted to kidnap him from the hospital. That state had to take away her custody rights, as it was deemed that the boy needed the procedure to live. So, while we may feel strongly one way, it may not be healthy to pursue them.

I also must question how an energy signature is dragonic, since auras may simply be stronger/more aggressive than others, and may even have a red-lining to it, in addition to no physical dragon being recorded. As such, what may feel like a dragon to one person may not feel like a dragon to another. There's the issue that dragons are found in just about every culture, ranging from China to the tribes of the Far North, and each has a different form, let alone attitude and personality. This goes for other mystical and mythical creatures.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:51 pm
Jameta
True, just as there is a reason for us taking a human form in this life, there is a reason for remembering a past life or lives. This may be because we learned something important, we are continuing a lesson, or something else. It is up to each individual that is affected to figure that out.

However, it is important to not let these feelings consume. My first example is that of the Pacific Northwest's Cat Man, who is surgically transforming himself into a feline. While he may feel this is the best way to connect with his true self, it is in my educated opinion that he is not addressing the lessons of feeling like a human and the like.

My second example concerns strong feelings in general and what harm they can do if not delt with properly. Again, in my home area, a women felt so storngly about her infant son not having an operation that she attempted to kidnap him from the hospital. That state had to take away her custody rights, as it was deemed that the boy needed the procedure to live. So, while we may feel strongly one way, it may not be healthy to pursue them.

I also must question how an energy signature is dragonic, since auras may simply be stronger/more aggressive than others, and may even have a red-lining to it, in addition to no physical dragon being recorded. As such, what may feel like a dragon to one person may not feel like a dragon to another. There's the issue that dragons are found in just about every culture, ranging from China to the tribes of the Far North, and each has a different form, let alone attitude and personality. This goes for other mystical and mythical creatures.
i used to live right by him hes a strange one and got the cops called on him and his friends for howling at the moon and making to much noise which is a stupid reason for calling the cops not the making to much noise but howling at the moon if the person had just went over and asked them to keep it down im sure they would have been happy to comply.  

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100

DR490N

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:48 pm
wnergy signitures arent really draconic. the soul itself is. its a really simple concept actually. sometimes dragons can recognize other dragons, but thats more of an otherkin radar sorta thing. i can recognize other vamps, and i can recognize other otherkin(try saying that 10 times fast), but i dont know how.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:23 pm
DR490N
i would reccommend that you visit the othergin guild, trueform, or something along those lines, someone there can probably help you alot better than someone in here can. personally, i'm dragonkin, and very proud to be. I actually tend to be a bit of an elitist about it without realizing, but meh. I might be able to provide you with some information if you message me with a question or two at a time, but my own knowledge into the subject is rather limited, and i'll only be able to answer so much.
i asked to join a while ago bolth of the guild but still have not gotten anything back from either =(  

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100

DR490N

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:42 am
it all depends how you come off, if you come off as someone who's a roleplayer or at all childish, you might be rejected immediately.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:45 pm
DR490N
it all depends how you come off, if you come off as someone who's a roleplayer or at all childish, you might be rejected immediately.
well the goal was to not come off like that i told them pretty much that i was told to check out the guild by a guild member and i was doing some soul searching and hoped that that guild could help me.  

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:33 pm
I do have to pipe up now, and ask what this has to do with Paganism, or religion in general. While the guild is open to all topics, we do want to keep threads more centered on its interest-base in the main forum, with others being moved to the appropriate subforum. If you guys do not wish to or cannot think of a way to tie the discussion back to Paganism or the like, the thread will be moved to S.P.A.M.; you may certainly continue your discussion there, though. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:39 am
it doesn't really have anything to do with paganism. i was a mite surprised to find it in here in the first place to be honest.  

DR490N

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:48 am
3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:53 am
This topic is being temporarily locked for a few days. While we recognize the Otherkin as a subject worthy of discussion, it does not necessarily have anything specific to do with Paganism. Thus being, the thread will stay here for a few days to let people read this message, then will be transfered to the correct subforum, most likely S.P.A.M.

Sincerely,

Council's Might

P.S. Feel free to give me cooler clothes than these, so that I may look more mighty.  

CouncilsMight
Crew

S.P.A.M. : Spacious Pocket of Absolute Miscellaneous-ness

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas