Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Help wanted: enquire within.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:51 am
I always thaught that I would be able to devote more time to the guild right after I got more money, right after I finished my course, right after I moved out of my appartment, right after I, there were a lot of right afters.
but now I have to face it, I am never going to be unemployed, living with my partents and perminantly connected to the internet again. I need staff to help me run the guild.

I need someone to accept requests, sticky things that prove popular, unsticky threads that nobody uses anymore, and most importantly send me a message once a week telling me how things are going in the guild and what mod like action you took. (doesn't have to be longer than a sentence or two.)

If you are interested make a post here and tell me about why you would be a good mod for the guild and what, if any, immediate action you would take for the guild.
Links to threads you have made or other guilds you moderate is usefull.

I do ask that you agree with me on several key issues
unused stickies is a bad thing
unused subforums is a bad thing (tutorials subforum is an exception since it is there to be used as reference material)
talk that may wander offtopic is a good thing
and responding to rude people with agressive comments never leads to good things. They probibly don't realise they were rude and you probibly won't realise that you were agressive. You should always take real care not to be defencive but still stand your ground. And pick your battles, some thins aren't worth creating arguments for.

p.s I am a bit sleepdeprived so this post will probibly be edited to make mroe sence tomorow  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:05 am
I hope that you are able to find some people right for the job(s).  

Rorek

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:47 am
I'd love to help! However I've really only started the Ms. Knitty thread and have never moderated any other guild. On the plus side, I DO have endless time to devote. I'm a housewife with a very very part time job at my local yarn store. I'm also permanently connected to the internet.

So if you can find more experienced people to help moderate, awesome! If not, I'm here and willing to learn.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:57 pm
I'd be willing to help out with any really basic stuff... Like the accepting people... I'd probably ask before sticky-ing anything, cause well, i'm paranoid like that. I'm online alot of the time and i read through threads while i'm knitting anyways.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

sakurachan61123

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:54 pm
hello~ I have my own forum and I used to moderate another one. They're both dead now though due to lack of people being interested I guess or something. . . maybe they died, but I would like to help you in any way possible. Accepting or anything else. I can do the sticky thing if you explain it to me a little better . . . I'm kinda tired and it's probably an obvious thing, but I'm just too dumb to understand it stressed SO!!!!! I can help in any way possible with what needs to be done. I'm on the internet everyday trying to get my site going. SO YEAH! VOTE FOR HUNTER! . . . -crickets-  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:28 pm
I used to be an admin at another site. I get online most days.

As a couple of other people who can do it have posted first, I'd be happy to be a back-up if you ever need a spare person for something 3nodding  

[Grendel]

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:07 pm
alright, I premoted catcheen.

If anybody else wants to help in some way, such as starting a weekly craft blog or modding the tutorials subforum/putting together a good tutorial link list then that would be great. (two things I have been meaning to do for ages)  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:22 pm
I can mod tutorials. I'm pretty good with modding. I'm here every day. If you wanna explain the tutorial list to me, I can do that if you need it.  

sakurachan61123

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:14 pm
sakurachan61123
I can mod tutorials. I'm pretty good with modding. I'm here every day. If you wanna explain the tutorial list to me, I can do that if you need it.
Done.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:22 am
If there's anything else I can help with, I would be glad to. I know it doesn't look like I post much, but I assure you that I'm a constant lurker. sweatdrop

If you would like, I could probably continue the weekly craft blog. Especially with the summer coming, I'll probably be making a lot more things.  

curli

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:48 pm
curli
If there's anything else I can help with, I would be glad to. I know it doesn't look like I post much, but I assure you that I'm a constant lurker. sweatdrop

If you would like, I could probably continue the weekly craft blog. Especially with the summer coming, I'll probably be making a lot more things.
you know, I was starting to think that you were dead, except someone kept on accepting join requests when I wasn't here.

If you could start a blog that would be mega cool. And thank you really muchly for sticking with the guild for as long as you have.

and guess what, I am moving again soon.
Yes, that makes six times in about a year,
I swear to god when I get old enough to own my own house I am never leaving it, not even for holidays.
There will be some kind of fire or flood warning and the emergancy service guys will have to remove me from my house kicking and screaming and yelling somehing about security bonds.
And when I go crazy and create an art peice of pure torchered genious it will feature a lot of cardboard boxes.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:00 am
roflmao. Very nice. Very nice. I want someone to tape and send that to me when it happens.  

sakurachan61123

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff