Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkwolf possession

darkwolf possession

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:56 pm
i say that manga is better
it has the original names, ideas, and storyline
its also more portable(manga books vs anime shows)
it is so much better  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:27 am
its hard to say. In anime you can see how someone looks when they use their powers rather than looking at a few pics as he goes through the motions. Most of the time its in color which is better than looking at black and white pictures. And when talking with ur friends you know how to pronounce a name instead of guessing.
EX. (DAIS-ke instead of DIA-su-key)

But manga is cheaper atleast where i live. i can get 3 volumes for the price of 1 anime. More original with there storyline which is usualy something anime almost never have. And when ur parents tell u to read u can pull out a manga and still be doing what they say.*Atleast thats what i do 3nodding  

D MARC THE FOX DEMON

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:14 pm
D MARC THE FOX DEMON
And when talking with ur friends you know how to pronounce a name instead of guessing.
EX. (DAIS-ke instead of DIA-su-key)

Haha! I know what you mean, I totally hate that.

It's like the names "Tsukushi" and "Tsukasa" in Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers). They are pronounced "Skushi" and "Skasa", but in the dub for the anime they say "T-su-kushi" and "T-sa-kasa". Argh...damn you ViZ. xp

I wish they kept their names the same in the manga...Tsukushi doesn't called Tsukasa by his first name...she calls him "Doumyoji" And Tsukasa calls Tsukushi "Makino". Blah...the effed it up...but at least it's being released. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:55 pm
bump...i like manga...it was first therefore it is better  

+d.s.Midnight+

x_Thumbelina_x

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:56 pm
i think that most mangas haVE more detail and are more dedscriptive  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:39 am
Manga is DEFINATELY better than Anime....Anime is all watered down and the episode sucks. In Manga they explain everything a whole lot better and they are easier to understand...{at least for me) The stuff they did with the Anime series bothered me because I would get all confused.....until I read the manga's then I understood....  

Serena-chan01

Tanksui

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:47 am
I would have to agree on what the girl above me said. I mean, I watched some of GTO's anime, and needless to say, it sucked a** compared to the highly offensive manga. Also, I did not like the ending to GTO, because it never explained the whole deal with Mayu and his sadistic antics. As for Sho, it just said that he was released after almost killing Onizuka and for shooting a cop because his mother scked his.... thing and he was tormented in school. FInally, instead of quenching the thirst of fans as to whether ONizuka would be rid of his virginity with an epilogue taking place a few years later, Mr. Fujisawa justs puts a couple of questions on pages and has high school dropouts respond. AFter that, he has the nerve to put some editorial story on him eating coconut crab!!!!

In conclusion though, I liked the end of GTO, but I would have preferred that he would have explained more of the plot.

did anyone noticed that Urumi's last name kept changing, and so did Miyabi's a couple of times? Or Mr. Fujisawa's Initial D reference?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:55 pm
I don't really like the Fruba Anime 'cause it didn't totally follow the book I doesn't even tell you the whole story  

Blackrose01111

Serena-chan01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:55 am
manga is like so much better than anime. Anime screws stuff up. Let me give you an example. In the show Sailor moon manga's tell us what Chibi Chibi Really is right? Well in the Anime series they say that Chibi Chibi is Rini's child. Now that's screwed up! why the hell do the english dubbers have to screw everything up and confuse everybody? It pisses me off!!! Why can't they stay with the original stuff? It's not THAT confusing.

although on the other hand Amara and Michelle being lovers, in the anime series they couldn't do that since little kids were watching so they HAD to make them "just cousins" and cut out all the kissing scenes between the two girls. now that I can understand! I also have the uncut version on DVD and I can understand why they cut out the smoking, the language but why the signs behind them? Why were all the GOOD scenes cut out?? I just do not understand the dubbed version!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:42 pm
I have to say that I like manga much better than anime. I mean I still luv anime and all but sometimes it just messes the series up with the voices, missing parts, bad animation.... anyhoo you get my point.
Some serires that really annoy me when turned into anime are Fruits basket cus you don't meet all the characters and *SPOILER*you don't find out that Akito is really a girl! Another one is Rurouni Kenshin cuz they carried it out for too long and then the ratings went down and then they didn't make the parts with enishi! crying .  

moka_moka_sama

Blackrose01111

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:21 pm
yeah they didn't tell you Akito was a girl in the anime which was big in the book  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:59 am
well from what I have seen anime is not as detailed as manga art work wise and in mangas the stories seem to keep you in instead of draging it out. Anime is good to because its nice to see your favorite anime characters in action the stories my not follow all of the manga completely but they go with it mostly. It's one thing i can't stand it's when i read the manga first and the anime is nothing how the manga is.both are good in thier own ways so you cant go wrong either way. You might run into alot of reruns watching anime on tv though ninja  

oni prince

Serena-chan01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:53 am
Hey. I like Manga better than anime. Although Anime is funny, sometimes I've noticed that the mouths are still moving although the people aren't talking anymore. Now THAT's funny! xd but seriously the manga seem to make more sense than the anime series. Sometimes the Anime is confusing...even though the dubbers consider it "watered down" for us.  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff