Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Need help with a Project.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CassieConnors11

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:49 pm
Okay. I am working on a project that requires a few fine tunings. I purcased these decorate your self frames. They are kinda like shadow boxes. Anyway, the boxes are pine and thin pine to boot. I was wonderign because I plan to glue a variety of things to the box what type of glue to use. I plan on glueing magazine cut outs, dried flowers, mettel peices and a few things I can't think of right now. Oh and can someone please tell me how to get that shadowy affect. I need it for one of the frames. any tips and sudjestiongs will be met with love......lots and lots of love. heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:53 pm
id use tacky glue, that sticks to anything 3nodding  

gemini6184

Zahra Ovaci

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:15 pm
Wood glue is always a classic choice smile Can hold up to 60 pounds (foot-pounds?) of force.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:42 pm
What about the shadow effect or is it called ghost effect? All I know is that it is wicked cool and I want to know how to do it.  

CassieConnors11

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:56 pm
Maybe decopage glue would help?  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:25 am
What is deco page glue?  

CassieConnors11

wingedorange

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:15 am
Decoupage glue is kind of like a sealant. ModPodge (or maybe it's ModgePodge; I can't remember) is a great one. You use it to glue the cutouts, flowers, etc. down individually, and then at the end, you paint a thin coat of it over the whole frame. It makes it shiny and smoothish, and seals all your cutouts and stuff in place. smile Might add some strength to your thin pine, too.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:45 pm
my gluing needs are fixed by that podge fabric glue they sell at michaels.  

ryoaie

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff