Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The offical "How Too's?"
How do I get started? Ask questions here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaze no Hyuga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:48 pm
Eternal Knightmare
Zahmira
Eternal Knightmare
For editing footage from DVDs, I recommend Vicbond007's guide for Editing DVD footage for Anime Music Videos. It helped me alot in my videos. It's in a .pdf format at anime music videos.org
Yep, that has been in the first posts since I first put them up there wink

Oh... sorry sweatdrop
I was talking to AD about that and he said vicbond's guide is a bit outdated, he wants you to use his instead XP. i dunno....i like him more anyways....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:58 pm
Kaze no Hyuga
Eternal Knightmare
Zahmira
Eternal Knightmare
For editing footage from DVDs, I recommend Vicbond007's guide for Editing DVD footage for Anime Music Videos. It helped me alot in my videos. It's in a .pdf format at anime music videos.org

Oh... sorry sweatdrop
I was talking to AD about that and he said vicbond's guide is a bit outdated, he wants you to use his instead XP. i dunno....i like him more anyways....
Good to know.

... um... AD?  

Zahmira

Kaze no Hyuga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:35 pm
Zahmira
Kaze no Hyuga
Eternal Knightmare
Zahmira
Eternal Knightmare

Oh... sorry sweatdrop
Good to know.

... um... AD?
Absolute Destiny....i'm too lazy to write all that out....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:19 am
Ah, OK. I already have that one up then, I think.  

Zahmira

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:32 pm
You might want to spell "Premiere" correctly, for future reference. gaia_up  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:16 am
[Q]
You might want to spell "Premiere" correctly, for future reference. gaia_up
Yeah, probably. blaugh
Thanks!  

Zahmira

Satan is my Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:30 pm
I think you should have something about FTP progrmas and such up there cuz when i started out that was the most confusin thing for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:21 am
Hmm... Not a bad point.

Anyone have any favourite FTP programs?  

Zahmira

trickylove

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:44 am
I'll give you the one I use when I get back to college and can figure out what its called.

Anyone know any good programs for macs to get footage from dvd's?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:33 pm
I don't know about DVDs... and I know less about Macs... xp

For the record, to appease my idiocy/curiosity, What is FTP?  

SC Seung Mina

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:56 pm
trickylove
I'll give you the one I use when I get back to college and can figure out what its called.

Anyone know any good programs for macs to get footage from dvd's?

Unless mine and Paul's machines are wierd FCE and FCP are able to both simply capture .vob strait from the DVD simply by old fasioned cut+paste method or Importing (though is is cruel and grueling and only works with a DVD in the rom drive). If you are using iMovie....... DON'T. My recomendation for anyone serious about quality both on capture and output is to dumpster dive or visit a local thriftstore to pick up a cheep P3 or equivilent desktop PC for ripping and converting. Most Mac based ripping utilites are VERY lossy and do not support some of the better Lossless or Mpeg4 and equivilent codecs. (Or go buy a dual boot Mactel, but that's not my recomendation at all. mad ) Also this is nice because the beautiful Mpeg2 output from FCE/P can convert to a multi-system friendly codec like 3vix/xviD without a while lot of loss through Vdub. Most Mac uts will destroy video quality and give very few, if any at all, quantinizer or bitrate controls.
On a side not the absolute best method for h/x.264/263 encoding I have ever seen is Mac Quicktime Pro. Sorry PC guys, but its the facts. It gives the absolute best control over the I-frame arc and Bitrate simultaneously! Don't believe me get a copy of SceneScope. I have used soem of them most expensive software on the market and the facts are the facts, my 30 dollar copy of Quicktime Pro did more for I-frames (keyframes) than ANYTHING EVER!! It got the Motorloa M1000 to display video, and that like pulling teeth from a chicken! I use it for all of my Podcasts, 3GP streams and PS video. Love it hate it, facts are facts.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:03 pm
No downnloading footage talk here so if you want to get DVDS rent them from Netflix and rip the episodes and then return them alot cheaper then buying them.  

FreshPrince2

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:39 am
FreshPrince2
No downnloading footage talk here so if you want to get DVDS rent them from Netflix and rip the episodes and then return them alot cheaper then buying them.

That's still a don't ask don't tell thing ><;; Let's just say everyone should get the DVDs. I don't want to hear about how they got them. Whether it's the store, Netflix, on the black market..... >_>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:25 pm
alright i get what you mean but how do i add music to the clips i have?  

Beta Universe

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:41 pm
draglide31
alright i get what you mean but how do i add music to the clips i have?

Well it depends on the program you're using but you generally just import the song into the program and go from there... There's generally an import button ((or link in the menu)) and after you click on that you find your song file and select it. --I have no idea if that made any sense... sweatdrop  
The offical "How Too's?"

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff