Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...
Parenting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PunctureWounds

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:42 am
Here is a subject that my life will soon revolve around.

This is a safe place to talk about our parenting triumphs, challenges and to share advice with other parents. From first solid foods to teething, potty training and more. We should be able to learn alot from each other!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:23 pm
Okay, one thing I've learned about being an Uncle to my almost 1 year old nephew.

Breastmilk is the key...unless you take drugs that maybe harmful to the baby. But its way better than formula and it smells better also. You can tell if a baby is drinking breastmilk by how their breaths smells. Because breastmilk doesn't have a smell, while formula does.

But women often uses formula to build of their chances of early fertility. So if you don't want to get pregnant again--soon. Breastfeed!

So says my sister-in-law.  

Nycko

PunctureWounds

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:53 pm
It's actually a myth that you can't conceive while breastfeeding. You can get pregnant again any time after delivery, even before your first menstral cycle.

As far as breastfeeding vs. bottle feeding, there are many pros and cons of both and basically comes down to the parents choice and what's best for their situation.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:58 pm
Of course you can get pregnant while breastfeeding. It just makes the chances of getting pregnant slimmer. But yeah, it also depends on the baby not only the parents. My little brother had to use formula because he wasn't growing fast enough with breastmilk. Though my little brother is adopted which also says something else.  

Nycko

TintedShades

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:07 pm
Nycko
Of course you can get pregnant while breastfeeding. It just makes the chances of getting pregnant slimmer.

I don't mean to be sceptical of this theory, but could you give a rough idea of how breastfeeding could make the chances of being pregnant slimmer? (I don't mean to be rude I just don't understand).  
21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games