Coming Out of the Broom Closet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:20 am
I think it was the Lance and Graal podcast episode on homosexuals in the Craft (and if you DON'T listen to Lance and Graal... GO LISTEN TO IT!! Support Pagan PODCASTS!! They ROCK!) that I was listening to when an interesting point was braught up that has relevance to this topic.

You never stop coming out of the closet, in a sense.

With every person you meet, you're going to have to make the choice as to whether or not to let them know you follow an alternative religion. And with each person, their reaction is going to be different. Just because you're 'out of the closet' with some people, doesn't mean there aren't challenges further down the road when you meet new people. In some ways, it is very unfair that we have this burden shoved upon us simply for being different than everyone else. Yet we did make the choice to follow the path we're following and the closet dilema is part of what we simply have to deal with.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:55 am
I was rasied in a Pagan household, so there was no comming out to my family. To my friends I jsut lay it out. "I am a Pagan, a life long Pagan. I won't force my beliefs on you, and hope you won't do the same to me." It works pretty well, beucase we respect each other quietly and don't make a big deal out of it.  

iBoyWonder

Liberal Elder

Anii Christ [saves!]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:20 am
i don't think i'll need to come out.
my mom and dad can probably guess, since i'm taking the witch's approach to cleaning the house.
my mom walked into the house today, and promptly asked where all the photos and magnets on the fridge went.
"they're cluttering the fridge, giving off bad energy, and are likely to cause you to eat more than you normally would".
she looked at me like i was crazy.

but i've always been interested in tarot and astrology (though i admit, i was taught both by my catholic grandma. she knows about me, by the way. or she should, she's the one who takes me to the library! xd ) and most people just assume i'm a pagan.

lawl, it's the funniest thing when christians just instinctively ignore you.
though i love my christian friends.
and wow, this was a long post. rofl  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas