Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
vampires

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

how?
  exactly...
View Results

athena08905

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:41 am
okay...so my friend and I were so excited once we got into a relationship with a vampire...but...we just can't seem to imagine how the heck they bring money into the house...since to get to the car(pool) you have to take them outside...and sometimes it is during the day!!! I got really frusterated as well when the main vampire, the one who turned our sim into a vmapire, got up in the middle of the day out of her "tomb" and just flew around as a bat...I also don't comprehend how they take care of their children...and we just stopped playing them long enough for the baby to become a child, and when does the child turn into a vampire??

also, is it hard to play an alien/zombie/vampire? and how do you get them that way? I thought there was one more thing to add to the list of creatures, but I can't remember...I am really anxious to hear feedback!!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:23 am
Right, as someone who has had a vampire or 3 I think I can answer your questions...if I can remember them.

First, if you marry a grand vampire they bring Simoleons with them...i got 50000 when I married one...or at least my Sim did.

But if you've created one in your household, then it is possible for them to go to work. I sent my Vampire Sim off without a problem. Because their needs only go down on the way to the car from the coffin and back again. Its not easy, but it is possible. But NEVER try this if you have a child. Because my Vampire Sim went to work, she came home, her young son ran outside to hug her...at 4pm! She nearly died!

The children of Vampires do NOT turn into vampires. If you want to turn them, their parents have to bite them. And not until they're a teenager. Annoying, I know, but unfortunately that's the way it goes.

And I've found it's not that easy to kill a vampire by direct sunlight. WEll, ok, it is, but my Vampire (one of them) I took him out into the sun and left him there. And had to keep cancelling the interaction to walk back inside.

And yes, it's very annoying how they get out of their coffin during the day, just send them back. Plus it is very hard to get them to look after babies and toddlers during the day because their needs tend to go down. That's when I start using things like Maxmotives. Or just making sure I have a non vampire in the house.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Nequila

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:08 pm
As long as they don't go outside during the day, they shouldn't die if you keep their needs fulfilled. The only reason most let them sleep during the day and stay awake at night is that their needs are static at night.

Make sure that your house isn't on a foundation. This way, you can build a garage onto the house and buy a car and put it in there. They won't have to go outside during the day this way. ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:46 pm
I always found my Vampire's needs still went badly down when they were inside a windowless basement, but it is definitely worse outside.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Nequila

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:47 am
Spoilt_lil_missy
I always found my Vampire's needs still went badly down when they were inside a windowless basement, but it is definitely worse outside.

So long as they're atleast inside, it's never really been a problem for me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:35 pm
bump  

hpdd1233

Quotable Smoker

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Clambake 200

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:44 am
Vampires? Which sims is this?!! eek  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:16 pm
Sims 2 Nightlife smile  

RHShipper

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:18 pm
RHShipper
Sims 2 Nightlife smile

Ohhhh I gotta get that expansion pack still!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:24 am
vampires are fun but annoying to take care of.  

NekoKisaka

Scathach13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:24 am
I don't have ANY expantions for the Sims2 - I wanted to finish all of the Sims1 expantions first (I did a few months ago, actually)... But now I MUST. I have an unhealthy vampire addiction.

...VAMPIRES!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

*runs off to buy the upgrade*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:10 pm
Hi, Fina... Missa remebers that... So frustrating.... I still don't know....  

Sweet_Melissad

Emradrig rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-12)

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:41 pm
If you have Open For Business, then just have your vampire own a business instead of having a job. Just make sure they get back home before dawn.

Also it's best to have a familiar (nonvampiric person) to take care of the children.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:51 am
i love the vampires i have but i always use cheats for them

like maxmotives and motiveDecay off

Emilyandwhatnot

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out