4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:25 am
Astral projection
Who on here has done it?
Any tips?
I have only once and got scared so it didn't last very long.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:56 pm
Well .. for me it depends on my emotions. If I'm really really stressed I have a hard time doing it. My thoughts keep getting pulled down into my body and there's a disconnect somewhere that just seems to make it nearly impossible.

But there are times when my energy is so low that I almost feel dead. Besides depression I also have a lot of OOB experiences. Usually I'll be lying in bed, and I'll simply will myself to have one. Then it feels like I'm falling asleep and slipping into a vivid dream. It's hard to distinguish dream from OOB for me, but I can usually tell because the dream starts off from where my concious mind stopped.

You know how sometimes you're having a dream about falling or tripping and you jolt awake? I've heard that's the beggining of an OOB experience. But your mind freaked out and woke you up. I get a lot of these. xD  

The Viscount

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

MOD66

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:04 pm
i recently bought a book that teaches you how though thats not what it is all about its called "How To: Meet & Work With Spirt Guides" by Ted Andrews  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:06 pm
Ted Andrews is a good author. I think I have one of his books somewhere .. wish I could remember which one. xD Heck it might even be that one! o.o  

The Viscount

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

MOD66

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:24 pm
after im done with this, "Condensed Chaos", "Liber Null & Psyconaut" im going to read his other book "How To: do Psychic Readings Through Touch"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:38 pm
Eeek, astral projection is so hard! It takes an immense amount of practice and concentration, so much so that it's unreal (to me). Probably because I've never really concentrated that hard on anything before, and that's hard to do for me. I tried for awhile, but I never really got it (although I tried to get lucid dreams, and tried to "break through" the dream to get to the astral realm--that didn't work either). I still really want to go to that plane, but it's so hard... gonk Although maybe I'm better off not going because I have an extremely scary imagination and am very prone to negative emotions, and that's probably going to cause a number of scary obstacles if I ever get there. I'd be scared out of my mind.

Here are some helpful sites, though.
Gnostic Web (register for free to get weekly lessons on astral projection and others)
I AM University (go there. Just go there. It tells you EVERYTHING about the metaphysical. It's a gigantic vault of info--learn methods of astral projection and soul travel(!))
Soul Travel (from I AM University--very interesting, although the author looks down on astral projection and promotes soul travel. It's not my place to judge whether they're right on this, because I really don't know enough.)  

Kuroyue

WickedDecember

Dapper Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:32 am
Well the whole feeling of vertigo i get alot and i tend to jump up in my bed and feel a big jolt...i suppose this explains that...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:27 pm
I was able to do it once. I was hovering halfway out of my body at the point where all of a sudden you feel like you're shaking like crazy, though you're really not, and I had noticed that I was a bit higher than I orginally. Then I got excited and all of a sudden I felt like I got smacked right back down.

It was weird. It was several months ago and I haven't been able to do it since.  

Seira Relur

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:35 pm
I can do some astral travel...but it's difficult to teach since methods can vary greatly...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:37 am
Eh, when I was younger and feeling 'off', I would accidentally start to project myself. Scared me quite a bit, so I would immediately 'snap back' into position (which kinda' hurt). Due to this experience, I'm pretty content to stay in my body and leave travel to when I'm dreaming.  

Jameta
Captain

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:00 pm
i do it all the time, and i have learne dhow to constantly rearange my mind and soul and the webbing that froms my existance (and thus, how i interact with everyone and everything else, a very good controling method) so that i can do it without even having to think about it. sometimes i am not even sure if i am comkpletely on the material. i also am a very depressed and anxious person, but the astral is not scary to me. my subconsious mind and my consious mind are interchangable. it took me a long time to develop that kind of mental working, but i didn't have anything better tyo do with my brain anyway. being schitzophrenic helps i guess, cause i have had to get used to having a schizm and multiple personalities always waring for dominance over my being. i can tell you that if you know how to astral project at all, then all you gotta do is keep practicing it and you'll get it. i suppose it's easier said than done, and unfair coming from me who already had been doing it without realizing the whole time before i had knew i could consiously do it (which was just last year.). anyway, if you can sink into the back of your mind and still stay consious, than you can be astral and function completely normaly. actualy, i think my anatomy class at school is paying off after all, even if i am getting an F... sweatdrop apparently, the cerebellum has alot to do with the ability to project your soul and mind into the astral dimension.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:33 am
I've only done it once, and it was on accident. I freaked out when I floated through the wall of my bedroom and outside right into the face of a cat. That was before I had even heard of Paganism which is why I kinda don't remember what went on because I dismissed it as a realistic dream.

I've had the feeling of fear and anxiousness before and I often jolt awake with a falling or tripping sensation.

My only tips, since I have just started to look into paganism [maybe around a month?], is to be awake and alert, not tired, but relaxed enough to fall asleep. Try to get into a sleeping state, but stay conscious of your surroundings.

I suggest you try lucid dreaming first or even go to the basics - dream recall. I have trouble with dream recall, but I'm naturally able to have some lucid dreams and realise it's a dream without snapping back into an awake state of mind.

Amorpheous

Human Human

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:54 am
ok, surprising how bad experiences can make astral projection harder... sweatdrop i have barely done it now, and only when realy nessasary. xp i'm honestly kinda scared now... >.> i've got way too many enemies...  
The Owl's Roost | Resources and Services |

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games