Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!
309 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chapter 309
  oh that Sasuke
  so where are they going to do next?
  who untied Kabuto?
  What jutsu was Sasuke going to use?
  Yamato was going to get serious...
  once again Sakura did nothing...
  who is Uchiha Madara?
  what was the Kyubi talking about the sharingan being a curse?
View Results

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:41 am
DemonFox5342
No he does not, that would be bull s**t. Second it is said that every demon is from a differnt village. So its not possibale
You don't know that. Kishimoto has made weird twists in manga before. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:42 am
Fangorn23
@ shikalee: -sighs- thats the only polite thing i can say to that. what? mom taught me to keep mah mouth shut if I got nothing nice to say.

@ Demonfox: thank you. biggrin
Proving you wrong so you insult me?
Please. Grow up. rolleyes I said nothing, "mean" to you.

Ninja wannabes; the first step to fighting is having a backbone to stand upon. neutral  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:47 am
Fangorn23
I repeat. if Naruto would just do something besides rasengans, kage bunshins, and kyuubi tapping I will be satisfied in seeing that he has grown. thats all I want.
New techiques are only required when there is need for lots of growth.
Naruto, holding the Kyuubi inside of him, in reality requires no such task.
Fighting against the Kyuubi's strength however gives Naruto the desire to change and grow.
He however had relied on its chakra for so long that coming up with new, especially how kids want to see it, UNIQUE techniques is not down Naruto's road.
It took a genius brain like Kakashi's to create Chidori; and we all know Naruto is far from a genius.
I think eveyone needs to be patient. The second, "part" of Naruto has hardly started.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:18 pm
Shikalee
Fangorn23
@ shikalee: -sighs- thats the only polite thing i can say to that. what? mom taught me to keep mah mouth shut if I got nothing nice to say.

@ Demonfox: thank you. biggrin
Proving you wrong so you insult me?
Please. Grow up. rolleyes I said nothing, "mean" to you.

Ninja wannabes; the first step to fighting is having a backbone to stand upon. neutral
neutral
lady, I'm 20 with a job and a life that requires my attention. I have no time to play at ninja. (I'd also like to note here that I never said anything mean to you. you made the first insult, all I did was sigh). I read this manga cause its enjoyable relief from it. and you didnt prove me wrong, what you did was throw out a baseless theory.

people dont understand completely why fireflies light up. its not proving anyone wrong if I say its with magic. its just a baseless theory.
you presented no reason for your hypothesis as to WHY Sasuke and/or Orochimaru would be in possession of one of the tailed beasts. the only theory you presented that has ground in what has been presented so far by the manga is that prehaps the Sharingan is either connected to demons or has a different function for demons (which is an interesting one too biggrin ).

the thing I sighed about was the FIRST theory. that Sasuke has a tailed demon in him. the only people I've ever met who present this craptacular theory are Sasuke superfans. the kind of fan who likes the character to the point of exclusion any other rivaling character and want to buff him/her up to the point of insanity. my reasoning for this?

Sasuke already has the Sharingan and potentially the Mangekyou sharingan to make him cool. its HIS THING. Naruto doesnt need a Sharingan, and any naruto fans I meet who want Naruto to have it I say are just as bad as the fans who say Sasuke needs a tailed beast.
being demon carrier is Naruto's THING. he doesnt need anything extra to make him cool.  

Fangorn23

Fangorn23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:31 pm
Shikalee
Fangorn23
I repeat. if Naruto would just do something besides rasengans, kage bunshins, and kyuubi tapping I will be satisfied in seeing that he has grown. thats all I want.
New techiques are only required when there is need for lots of growth.
Naruto, holding the Kyuubi inside of him, in reality requires no such task.
Fighting against the Kyuubi's strength however gives Naruto the desire to change and grow.
He however had relied on its chakra for so long that coming up with new, especially how kids want to see it, UNIQUE techniques is not down Naruto's road.
It took a genius brain like Kakashi's to create Chidori; and we all know Naruto is far from a genius.
I think eveyone needs to be patient. The second, "part" of Naruto has hardly started.

...since when is having a plethora of techniques a sign of needing more growth? confused it IS growth. relying on ONE and only ONE style of fighting makes you a predictable fighter, which is the last thing a ninja wants to be.
plus I dont want Naruto to have unique techniques. just say... give him a water jutsu or something. maybe a doton sheild jutsu. because so far he's still fighting like a genin, sure his moves are a little more polished, but he has no true fighting style. its just make clones then attack with fists and a rasengan or 2.
heck he doesnt even make proper use of the replacement technique or henge. he still gets smacked around when a mere replacement technique would fix that (heck, replacement jutsu makes his moving in mid-air via kage bunshin dodge completely unnecessary and a waste of valuable chakra).

however. I DO SAY HE SHOULD EXPLOIT ANY ADVANTAGES HE HAS. such as the kyuubi. but he doesnt exploit it. he relies on it. its a crutch that he leans on to be a shinobi. which thankfully he seems to not want to lean on anymore thanks to Yamato (sp?)
and you want Naruto to have a backbone? then lets start with 2 more jutsus for him to throw into his fighting style. imagine how much more damage he would do if he had a mid-to-long range elemental jutsu in his style? then he wouldnt have to just use clones to get in close and pound on the enemy. and what about some sort of protection for him and his teammates? but poor naruto thinks all he has to do is tap kyuubi till he forgets what's happening. then he unknowingly attacks EVERYONE instead of just the enemy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:32 pm
Fangorn23

heck he doesnt even make proper use of the replacement technique or henge. he still gets smacked around when a mere replacement technique would fix that (heck, replacement jutsu makes his moving in mid-air via kage bunshin dodge completely unnecessary and a waste of valuable chakra).

this technique has to be used before the other ninja's attack. this jutsu involves shear speed. how is naruto supposed to run in the air? there was no way for him to use a replacement jutsu in that situation.

Fangorn23

imagine how much more damage he would do if he had a mid-to-long range elemental jutsu in his style? then he wouldnt have to just use clones to get in close and pound on the enemy. and what about some sort of protection for him and his teammates? but poor naruto thinks all he has to do is tap kyuubi till he forgets what's happening. then he unknowingly attacks EVERYONE instead of just the enemy.
naruto is a close range fighter. like neji he is someone who doesn't fair well when distance is put between him and his opponent. i admit even neji learned a long range technique though. sitll, close range is naruto's "thing" it's how he fights. actually the fact that he rushes in blindly to do what he thinks is right is really a redeeming factor to some naruto fans. he doesn't second guess his strengths or weaknesses (which could be a bad thing), but in the end it always turns out that he was able to outsmart the seemingly wittier opponent. so he can "pound on the enemy". this is how naruto fights and i don't think it would be wise if kishimoto changed his style of fighting, because this is also how naruto is in his life. he rushes head first and even if he crashes into things he still finds a way to break through his obstacles.

naruto probably has learned one of those types of jutsus. (most likely not >.>). he hasn't really exploited any of his other technique, im sure he has more than just the 2 that you mentioned. he has been seen using a few other moves. although shikalee is right in the fact that the second "part" of naruto has just started. we shouldn't expect for naruto to use all of his new jutsus right off the bat. that would then leave the manga readers with nothing to look forward to. another thing is.

i don't even think naruto understands when he's growing tail after tail of his kyuubi chakra. yes he knows how to tap the chakra, but think about it. if he really knew how to control which tail he wanted his power at he wouldn't have grown the 4th tail at all.

Historical

Eternal Transience

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:55 am
Okay, it is a bit far-fetched that Sasuke could appear in Naruto's mind. And it is really annoying that Kishi-sensei hasn't explained just how far Sasuke has come. But think about it. It is highly likely that Sasuke can pwn Naruto's a** again now, especially since Naruto can't use the Kyuubi chakra. There has been no evidence so far of Naruto improving, other than in the strategic sense. If Kishi-sensei was waiting for the moment to unleash Naruto's big, ultimate move that will kill anyone and anything, he just missed it. Instead, he was about to show Sasuke's. I don't blame him about showing Sasuke's growth this much, as he is his favourite character, and the manga has been Sasuke-less for quite a while, but I do want to see Naruto with some new jutsu's. And I really really wanted Sakura to beat some sense into Sasuke in that chapter. And I also wanted Yamato to die. Hopefully, all this will be cleared up in the next couple of chapters. But blood will be shed if Sasuke goes missing for another 7 volumes ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:20 pm
Ok first things off. How Kishimoto sets the atmosphere is perfect. If you seen in most anime, no matter how powerful the enemy is, the main character always pulls off in the end. Also Naruto is a close-range fighter, there's no change in that. There's no need to rush things, let the story progress and we'll see how far Naruto has grown.  

aznnam3dj1n

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:19 pm
Freak...

I was so freaking pissed...

I AM so freaking pissed...

Sasuke better chakra then Kyuubi...?

...Damn. It.

I totally agree with Fangorn23. Especially with the fangirls thing...

I feel so gloomy...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:36 pm
JhonnyRaincloud
Freak...

I was so freaking pissed...

I AM so freaking pissed...

Sasuke better chakra then Kyuubi...?

...Damn. It.

I totally agree with Fangorn23. Especially with the fangirls thing...

I feel so gloomy...
thank you. it makes me feel a lot better to know its not just me that feels bothered by this.  

Fangorn23

Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games