Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Could a fire start if......?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ferrari_Carr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:02 am
Well, in one of my houses, the dining room has a fire place in it, with a window on both sides of it.

Now, I added curtains, cause the room literally looks naked without them.

I was just wondering if this was a fire hazard or not, cause I want to have a fire burning while I have guests over for dinner.

Here's what the room looks like:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So, is it a fire hazard?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:34 pm
it shouldn't be possible unless you place the curtain right in front of the fireplace  

Zwiebelsaft!

Ferrari_Carr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:00 pm
Evil_Twin_V1.337
it shouldn't be possible unless you place the curtain right in front of the fireplace

Oh, ok. That's good to know, cause in The Sims 1, anything that was beside, above, or in front of the fireplace would automatically set fire.

I guess Maxis got alittle smart with The Sims 2.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:07 pm
Ferrari_Carr
Evil_Twin_V1.337

Oh, ok. That's good to know, cause in The Sims 1, anything that was beside, above, or in front of the fireplace would automatically set fire.

they even stated so in the chat transcripts dating from the summer before Sims 2  

Zwiebelsaft!

Ferrari_Carr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:22 pm
Evil_Twin_V1.337
Ferrari_Carr
Evil_Twin_V1.337

they even stated so in the chat transcripts dating from the summer before Sims 2

Ah, ok. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:53 am
You can make it a fire hazard by placing a rug right infront of the fireplace though.  

josefina_maria

Ferrari_Carr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:49 am
[Kaishi]
You can make it a fire hazard by placing a rug right infront of the fireplace though.

Oh, I see.

Well, I only have bathroom rugs and this other rug that I hardly ever use.....so I guess that won't be a problem.

((Plus, it clashes with the color of the room, which is blue. The rug is beige.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:32 pm
Even if a fire does start it might be just randomly. At odd times the carpet can just catch fire but you shouldnt have any problems really, sounds a nice layout razz  

face-_-ache

hup123hup123slapslap

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:53 am
yeah really nothing to worry about  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out