Mirror Spells

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:29 pm
Mirror Spells are essentially spells that set up a barrier around the caster. A barrier that when something is tossed at it, throws it right back to the sender. Now I've got a hunch that I may need one soon, so does anyone happen to know one? I could whip one up on my own, but if someone has one already, it would be greatly appreciated 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:34 pm
I don't have one, but a friend of mine might have one... she's on Gaia too, and in this Guild I believe, Phantomkitsune. I'll look trough my spell books and see if i have one.  

Aquajade

MOD66

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:27 pm
let me get Scott Cunningham's Earth Power thouse are simple yet decent spells

Scott Cunningham
tHE SEND-BACK SPELL
If you feel that evil is being directed to you, from know or unknown persons or entities, this spell can be utililzed. Even if you don't know for sure that someone is trying to hurt you, preform this spell anyway , just in case.

Set up a small round mirror (not your magic mirror) so that it is leaning against the wall, or set it in a holder so tht the mirror is parallel with the wall. Before it place a black candle in a plain holder. be sure the candel is reflected in the mirror.

Now, get a large white candel and place it away from the mirror (perferably where it won't be reflected) and light it. this is done to ensure that the balck candel doesn't attract any evil forces.

Now,standing before the mirror and black candel, strike a match and a** you light the candle begin chanting:

Black, clack
Send evil back

Repeat this chant while looking at the candle for a few moments and then leace the room.

After an hour snuff the cande's flame (witho ut using your fingers-use a candle snuffer or the blade of a knife) put it and the mirror away then cuench the white candle's flame and place it saftly out of sight. repeet the spell for seven nights or untill you fell the evil is gone.

This spell sends any evil forces which may be directed tword you back at the original senders. It is a Defeensive measure only!

is that any good?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:11 am
Yes, thank you 3nodding  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

phantomkitsune

Dangerous Enabler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:32 pm
Um, mirror spells I do usually just involve getting a mirror, and incorporating it and it's properties into standing wards, or a circle. Or, for an immediate measure, picture a mirror in front of you, shielding you and reflecting back to it's sender, then use your energy to make it as real as possible.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:57 am
Mirror magics can be used for more than what you describe in the original post, Seraph. I've heard they may also be used to recreate the self, for some deeper forms of introspection, or other things that relate to self-reflection and the self. Then there's scrying using mirrors...  

Starlock
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:37 am
Oh? Thanks, I didn't know that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:44 pm
oh yah that book i mentioned (Earth Power By Scott Cunningham is full of spells useing mirrors i specifily thought you just wanted a send back type of spell sweatdrop  

MOD66

Eric Wolfborn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:40 am
I'm not sure what exactly you're asking for, but a semipermanent marker and some kind of personal symbol is a good way to keep your mind on the issue. Scribble a little something on your wrist or forearm to keep your mind on psychic defense.

From your first post, I'm guessing your expecting someone who has a bit in the way of know-how in the area of magical deliciousness is planning on being...well, less than good. Either that, or you're trying to summon somethingorother. Somehow, I doubt the latter.

If you specifically, require mirriors, though, you could use a pair of them, facing one another to create an endless line of images on either side. Take a candle, either black for banishing negativity, white for protection, or one from your patron element. Carve appropriate symbols into the candle, and then rub it with a Broom Diffusion. (If you practice faery magic or deal with the faery folk, avoid broom. They hate the stuff.) Set the candle between the two mirrors, and say something snazzy along the lines of "For every flame that burns, ill will and danger turn.'

Or something like that. Everyone digs rhyming these days, but I don't use it very often. It's a personal thing, anyway.

In essence, visualize every flame in the two reflections as it's own ward. the mirrors will reflect a countless number of flames. In short, you've got a million and one wards in handy-dandy 2 foot space.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:10 am
Why send it back, why waste your energy? Transmute the energy sent to harm you into protective energy. That way only they are getting tired. I mean you can play energy tennis for a year and a day and be no better off than when you started. I have much experience in such things, much better to take the energy they are giving you and use it to make yourself better protected. It'll piss them off a damn site more and keeps you safe at the same time.  

KittannLittle

The Owl's Roost | Resources and Services |

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff