Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
It's really quite absurd

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Greenzally

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:49 am
I finally got University and Open for business. mrgreen

This is a BRAND NOOO pc that im on. works like a charm. nothing to make it run slowly or anything. the sims runs perfectly. no laggeh at all.

UNTIL YESTERDAY. all i did. was install 2 expansion packs. and its running like a.. a... snail donkey tortoise thing. rolleyes

im not amused. at all. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:27 am
That happend to me when I first downloaded University. It is a brand new computer too that never lagged until then. But it wore off after some time.

And maybe try messing with the graphics too. That makes it go faster usually too.  

Topher18

Bit-Bit18

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:20 pm
That really sux...If u mess with the graphics, it won't really seem the same as if u played with it with the high details/graphics...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:43 pm
That happened when I first installed Nightlife...I would go into one neighbourhood and it would take AGES! But then, it was a very full neighbourhood. It wore off, unless it was the patch that did something, and now it's fine. And I have all my graphics on very high. I love the detail.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:46 pm
naw- just because it's a new computer doesn't mean it'll play sims 2 really, really well- what you need to do is beef up the Graphics card and the RAM, but if you have a dell, then you're a dead chic since it's pricy to upgrade parts blaugh  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games