Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:25 am
Vincent Valentine-Jenova
Nagaikami
Two things I noticed which might be helpful. "Rubber" is not the word most Americans use for けしゴム(keshigomu). We say 'eraser.' 'Rubber' is slang for condoms. It's important to note the difference.

Also, there is one exception in saying one's age. When you are 20 years old, it is acceptable to say 二十歳/二十才(nijyuusai) but it is very common to hear people say 二十歳/はたち(hatachi)

yes yes, but like I said, its coming directly from a level 1 textbook.
And I think we can all be mature enough to take rubber as eraser instead of termonlogy for a condom.

The only thing is, there may be some people who don't know that a rubber is an eraser. I didn't know until I was well into high school, probably beginning of junior year.

And as for maturity level, I haven't seen a problem with it yet in this guild, but I wouldn't put it past some of the others on Gaia. At least this is a private guild.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:15 pm
chinotenshi
Vincent Valentine-Jenova
Nagaikami
Two things I noticed which might be helpful. "Rubber" is not the word most Americans use for けしゴム(keshigomu). We say 'eraser.' 'Rubber' is slang for condoms. It's important to note the difference.

Also, there is one exception in saying one's age. When you are 20 years old, it is acceptable to say 二十歳/二十才(nijyuusai) but it is very common to hear people say 二十歳/はたち(hatachi)

And I think we can all be mature enough to take rubber as eraser instead of termonlogy for a condom.

The only thing is, there may be some people who don't know that a rubber is an eraser. I didn't know until I was well into high school, probably beginning of junior year.

And as for maturity level, I haven't seen a problem with it yet in this guild, but I wouldn't put it past some of the others on Gaia. At least this is a private guild.

Which is why I didnt write a comment about it. I expected them to be mature.

But true, people might not know it....

Vincent Valentine-Jenova
Captain

Zionya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:51 am
Vincent Valentine-Jenova
Nagaikami

Well, It might be better to check over the vocab words you write from the boook before sending them to people. ^.^
I was wondering if I could help make the lessons^^ It would be good prectice for my learning, and It think it would rock. I Hav a scanner, so scanning in part of a lesson is fine. I have lessons that heave some really awesome vocab lists, and I want to teach vocab^^ I can either scan the page or write down words, because the translation is not in roomaji^^ PLease consider,...I want to teach english to japanese students, so this might help me, plus, it would help the other students too^^  
The Japanese Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff