Yes
  No
  Undecided
View Results

[.Riku.Diku.]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:44 pm
Bluedragon1217
rikudoll
In my opinion, someone who is illegal within this country should not be able to reap the benefits intended for citizens.. neutral
Also, they deplete the economy by working less than minimum wage, and make so many people jobless. I know there is an argumaent saying that they do jobs that citizens don't want to do, but someone did them before the cheap laborer entered the situation.
Therefore, I do believe in mass deportation, and I do not believe in what President Bush has proposed, letting some of them come here with certain cards and being able to work without being actual citizens.
In my opinion, "No habla ingles, no stay here free. No Green card, get the hell out". Also, my opinion about "anchor babies"...The mothers come here illegally and have the baby, who is automatically an American citizen, and get to stay. I think that the illegals are definitley abusing this privelege, and like my mom says, "abuse priveleges, and they are removed".

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Alright, they are happy with those damn minimun wages because right now, they are living in riches compared to what they used to have over there, whether it be Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala or any other dang country that is having government issues. They come here looking for a new life (much like the British and other countries long long ago). They are trying their best to raise their children in a better world than what they had as a child.

And Mass deporation, Why don't the united states do something about it on the damn border? Seriously, the Mexican Border is becoming more and more dangerous, and all the United States has to complain are the illegals already here?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I have to deffend what I believe in I guess.
I don't mean to souns mean, but we have procedures for that. And the illegals coming in faster than the people trying to do it legally....
That's like a slap in the face for the law-abiding immigrants, when we basically allow the illegals in with open arms.. neutral
Again, trying not to sound overly-bitchy, just debating. ^_^;

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:47 am
I am all for LEGAL IMMIGRATION. However, I do not feel that I should have to learn spanish to be able to communicate with any other AMERICAN. Yes I am bilingual, but not in spanish. I did take the time to learn ASL (American Sign Language) because my Uncle is deaf. He has no choice but to use sign language, immigrants HAVE that choice. Personally, I believe it should be manditory. When my ancesestors came over from Polland, Scottland, Russia, and so on, they HAD to learn english. I believe to get a job, licence, house, insurance, or anything else in this country, you should learn english and have the proper LEGAL documentation.

Now for the protests. ******** THAT. Why should I, a law biding citizen give into your demands when they are breaking our laws by being here ILLEGALY? What kind of sense does that make? Why should I have to learn their language when you are in MY country? Why are you supporting the mexican flag when you WANT to be an American? If you want to be an American, take the proper steps to be one. Now, I am all for keeping your culture, this country is full of different cultures. But the USA had its own also. Adopt ours as well.

If I have offended anyone here, I really don't care. This is what this thread is for. If I am not allowed to speak my mind...or in this case, type it, then don't bring up a topic that I feel passionately about.

Tierney Sloan

soul reaper s

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:06 pm
Wow, i just discovered the better side of P-god...
Illegals shouldn't have any benifits whatsoever, they shouldn't get citizenship through getting knocked up either! English is the national language everyone should be able to speak it. And more than the language its culture too. You know all the salmonellae poisonings with produce? Yeah, you know it, caused by illegal/legal immigrant from mexico/s.A.; they all take dumps in their feilds and are very unsanitary, and who helps grow the crops?

America was meant to a melting, together finely mixed the ingredients make great things, but when they aren't mixed properly or worse at all, it becomes a salad bowl (or rather a chamber pot XD) it turns out horrible.

On the issue of a solution?
1. Give the illegals a choice of leaving or staying
a. if they want to leave kick them out...
b. if they want to stay and become hard working americans:
1. Make them learn english.
2. Make them learn our laws,which if they break they will be imprisoned
3. Make sure they pay taxes
4. Educate them on our culture like hygiene and things like that.
2. SEAL THE BORDER, this step should be taken as soon as america should wakes up!
3. Evict all the criminals, and never let them in.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:12 pm
Well, I'm bitter because us black people used to be the no. 1 minority and the Hispanics just got it by sneaking across the border. If it really does suck over their the government should fix it or ask it's neighbor, us, to help them and we keep to our stuff, they keep to theirs.  

cookie_pirate_sora506

Tipsy Scarface

13,400 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Champion 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

soul reaper s

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:15 pm
You know what would help the problem? Demand a barrel of oil for every illegal immigrant! *another solution for life brought to you by the savage nation*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:08 am
Lights, please.

I think that if you go somewhere foreign to live, or just stay for a little bit, you should at least learn the frikkin' language! If foreigners want to stay in our country, they should learn our language and become a citizen, not get pregnant and rush over the border when their water breaks.

I also don't think they should be able to do things citizens can do, until they become citizens themselves. If they have no desire to become a American citizen, then they just need to back off, and let real Americans have their jobs back!

And sometimes I get really annoyed when I read the directions to a board game, and have to go through pages of some language I've never even heard of, just to get to the gameplay page. That kind of stuff bugs the crap out of me!

But what mostly pisses me off, is when I'm walking around one day, and see about a million foreigners not speaking our language, and living in an American home, with an American car, and a bunch of other AMERICAN(Not Mexican) things.  

2SkyDragon

Medy_Senpai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:38 pm
Illegal hispanic inmigrants... A touchy matter. You can't really say anything without sounding like your in any of the two extremes in issues like this.

First off I think that illegals shouldn't be here, many of them may have good and honest intentions, but they are still illegal. I am not allowed to break the law, if I do I get punished, then why would another person be allowed to? Something should be done about this although mass deportation doesn't seem like an option to me. Completely closing the border is somthing that I think should have been done a looooong time ago before this became a "problem".

I cannot understand why the goverment is "bending over" like some people said to please inmigrants. Now I understand that they are people too and that they are living in the country and all that. But there is just one little detail here. They came here illegally, right? I fully comprehend that not all of them are illegal, trust me I do but if you took out all the illgeals the number of legals that would remain would be a very very small number. I think that not enough to be worth doing all of this. I could be completely wrong about this, but something tells me I'm close to reality here.

Something I'd like to comment about is some things that were said by the poster above me. She said that it bugged her to see people from other countries speak their languages and having to go trough pages of instructions in other languages. I understand that you may be mad about all the things that are wrong with this issue but isn't that just a little too much? I mean people don't neccesarily need to learn the other country's language. What I mean is, they shouldn't translate everything to accomodate people who came here illegaly but it is their problem if they don't want to learn the language. What if I decided that even though I knew english to speak spanish among my spanish speaking friends. That would be entirely up to me as a person, right? I see no problem about them speaking their languages here. Horray for cultural diversity is what I say but not if they are getting here the wrong way.

I think that's all I have to say and remember this is just my humble opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:24 pm
prettikittibaby
LimeyFish8

Personally I feel that a group who is here illegally should not get this much pull in our country. If they truely want to be American there is already a process that can be undertaken to do that. Already our country is bending over to provide people who don't speak english other options. Most of the state mandated paper work can be done in spanish at this time (at considerable cost to the government). The suggestion that we should translate the national anthem and accept it nationally is rediculous. The founding fathers did not create a national language because they were too busy fixing other critical problems. It was left like that because people didn't think there would ever be a time where someone would say "I want you to translate the most widely used language in this nation so my immigrant friends and I can live here in more comfort." I know it people will say it is racist, but it is not, if you are going to live in a country you should at least learn its language.

What are your thoughts on this? (please post)

I'm pretty sure that English isn't the most widely spoken language on Earth.
They didn't say its the most widely spoken language on Earth.  

Calliope Solipsism

Wheezing Nerd

Calliope Solipsism

Wheezing Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:34 pm
This conversation reminds me of when Arnold Schwarzenegger was running for the office of Governor of California. His main opponent was Cruz Bustamante (sp?), who promised to give all of the illegals in the state freaking driver's licenses. Arnold's response? They're not even supposed to be here, why should they be allowed to DRIVE here? If he wasn't an immigrant, everyone would've labeled him a racist and he would've been black-listed from politics for life.

I know a lot of people from Mexico and South America that are here legally, that work their asses off to speak English correctly, that are actively try to be contributing members of the country they chose to live in. I also know a lot of people from Mexico and South America that refuse to learn the language, who rape public assistance programs, who send all of their money back home, who don't pay taxes, who just use and abuse the USA for their own benefit and won't even show a bit of gratitude.

Hell, I've been to schools that have mandatory Spanish classes, but don't even try to teach the Spanish speaking kids English. That's the system's fault though...  
Literate Hell

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff