Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Help fixing my Chucks?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rhondalicious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:45 pm
I've got a pair of the lo-top Converse, and they fit me perfectly until I got pregnant with this last baby - now they fit fine in the length, but my feet spread and got a little bit wider - just enough that the rubber toe box squeezes my toes uncomfortably. They are still practically new! Do any of you know of a way to stretch them out so they quit hurting so bad? Should I just buck up and wear em every day for a while and hope they stretch?

Or should I just give up and buy a new pair a size bigger and give these to someone else with midget feet?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:02 pm
I suggest going into a store that sells shoes and tell them the problem. There are shoe stretchers (some made of wood, some of plastic) that should help with this problem.

If the cloth part was giving you grief, I'd just tell you to soak them, then wear them until they dried. They'd stretch naturally and dry into the shape that would be most comfortable. But since the rubber parts are the problem spots, a shoe stretcher should be best.

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:32 pm
Sorry to say but I think you should just cut our losses and get a new pair.
It is always tragic to lose a favourate pair of shoes but trying to make shoes that don't fit wearable doesn't usually end well, for you or your feet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:34 pm
If all else fails, you could always decorate them marvelously and sell them for more than you bought them. xd  

GraveyardSinger

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:16 pm
it is times like these that I'm blad to be a boy! I don't have to deal with stuff like that.

sorry I really could not tell you, I'm not really a shoe guy. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:46 pm
if you decide to get rid of them... i will gladly take them!  

Emily Squeegee

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff