Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Suggestions.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Autumn Falls13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:28 pm
I'm really interested in summoning spirits to a physical form, but I don't know exactly what to do. If you guys have any suggestions or advice on the subject, I would appriciate it very much if you shared it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:54 pm
*gets flashbacks to the spirit-stone dilema*  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Eric Wolfborn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:02 am
Well, if Buffy the Vampire Slayer is any indication, you can build a robot and summon a demon into it.

In all seriousness, I doubt it would be possible. The amount of energy required to do such a thing would be mindboggling, as it would be necissary to control whatever otherworldy whatsit you conjured into your breakfast pastry.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:18 am
Never mind the ethical considerations. What if this spirit wants to stay non-corporeal?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Eric Wolfborn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Never mind the ethical considerations. What if this spirit wants to stay non-corporeal?

Or does less than pleasant things once it is corporeal.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:59 pm
I mean to be able to actually see the spirits themselves, not putting them in an object.  

Autumn Falls13

Pelta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:32 pm
Autumn Falls13
I mean to be able to actually see the spirits themselves, not putting them in an object.

Seeing spirits isn't as hard as making them corporeal. To make something corporeal, something would have to become non-corporeal and things get all twisted. It's hard. Seeing them is a different matter. It's much easier because it's something non-corporeal (sense/sight) relating to something non-corporeal (the spirit). If you want to actually make them manifest physically (which they might not even want to do, depending on the spirit) they would probably need a conduit of some sort. Like a body to possess. Or a rock. Whatever. You'd need to ask the spirit itself to see what sort of stuff it would agree with.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:49 pm
missmagpie
Autumn Falls13

Seeing spirits isn't as hard as making them corporeal. To make something corporeal, something would have to become non-corporeal and things get all twisted. It's hard. Seeing them is a different matter. It's much easier because it's something non-corporeal (sense/sight) relating to something non-corporeal (the spirit). If you want to actually make them manifest physically (which they might not even want to do, depending on the spirit) they would probably need a conduit of some sort. Like a body to possess. Or a rock. Whatever. You'd need to ask the spirit itself to see what sort of stuff it would agree with.

Well what about your spirit guide? Would it be the same thing?  

Autumn Falls13

Pelta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:51 pm
Autumn Falls13
Well what about your spirit guide? Would it be the same thing?
Tying your spirit guide down to a physical object would probably be a really good way to seriously piss it off and limit its influence over your life, which you probably wouldn't want. Spirit guides are relatively easy to sense (if not necessarily see) because they often have an active hand in your life. That said, they might only show themselves to you when they want to. And they also have other ways of communicating.

For example when I've asked something important of magpie I'll often see the physical bird around me as an answer. When he's watching over me I'll often see a magpie or a feather or representation of him around. Think outside the box. They have different rules and ways of interacting than we do. They can often be a lot more subtle than humans expect.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:49 am
Autumn Falls13

Not all spirits want to be seen, and trying to force them into it isn't something I would generally recomend. Especially if it's your spirit guide you're trying to see.

Spirits, like spirit guides, have many forms; you may have already seen one without even realizing that you have. Shadows where there should be no shadows; misty human forms seen out of the corner of your eye; little floating balls of light are all forms of spirits, and the shadows and balls of light are the most commonly experienced. It's not often you're going to see a spirit take on a recognizable form such as a person or an animal; that takes up a tremendous amount of resources on the part of the spirit and such things most commonly take place in a location that the spirit haunts as there is a source of energy there that the spirit can feed off of.

Another maifestation is to see something shimmer where nothing should, like seeing heat waves and there's no source for them. My aunt has been experincing this, and has recently discovered that it's her spirit guide physically mainfesting.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Autumn Falls13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:14 pm
Well, thanks for the input. I officially feel dumb as s**t.

Could anyone give me advice on talking to spirits?  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games